Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

nice going there nexon.

Dai_Mata_ReiDai_Mata_Rei
Mabinogi Rep: 900
in Feedback and Suggestions
at first when i saw there was gonna be a cross over event i wondered if it'd be any good. was actually going to try it. but as a player who plays almost entirely without nx due to not being able to afford it, i like many others whom play without use of nx are unable to play. thanks for making another pay to play event. event items are going to be impossible to buy off players in game due to them feeling the need to get their "money's worth" on digital items they bought with real money, so yeah thanks for closing the door on so many people. hopefully next cross over event that gets done, the team in charge of coming up with it will remember that a good part of the player base might not have access to nx whenever they please. we're not all made out of money you know.

Comments

• RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,245
    edited December 19, 2016
    Our servers actually got the better version of this crossover. The other servers had the Kokopo pet in a pet gacha while the clothing came randomly from the gacha, as opposed to our shuffle gacha.

Either way, the clothing of every crossover we've ever had was only obtainable through the cash shop. I don't see how this one is any different.
  • Dai_Mata_ReiDai_Mata_Rei
    prior cross over events at least had things average players who are usually broke in rl can do. this one's pure pay to play. not really fair to those like myself whom have no money either a cause they have bills to pay or b like me made stupid mistakes and have little to no money and are out of work
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Unlike previous Crossovers, like Vocaloid, Sword Art Online, and Fate/Stay, this isn't a crossover EVENT.
    It's unfortunately just a crossover sale.

So you're right, in that free players are gonna have a tough time getting their hands on these items without shelling out a, probably not small, amount of gold on buying off another player, but that's the seller's prerogative, to get as much bang for their buck.
    Or buck for their buck?

And if you wanted the Kokopo pet, the need for a Pet Adoption Medal just adds to the cost.

I feel for the players who can't or refuse to buy the gachapon, outfit bags, or pet, yet who at the same time, want to have something to do with this crossover.
    Then again, I also feel for the paying players who wanted this crossover to be an actual Event, instead of just a themed sale.
    SherriSurreptitiouslySoraHakuDA
    i get that nexon does need to make money but honestly there's better ways of doing so. like say ditching the word "limited" for somethings like non event related pets or items namely the partners (have seen on the jp servers those are on sale year round where as we're lucky if they show up even once in a year) also one thing that'd help server population fewer events that have potions as rewards... you can only guess how many i have built up in the 3-4 years i've been playing
  • rainLOVErainLOVE
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,510
    edited December 19, 2016
    QAQ no matter what game companies do- players complain
    so I guess nexon went like -Removed- we say we loot their money.
    we generally complain when something isn't working with a game. speaking of stuff that's broken in mabi. smithing.. still broken still ignored. i know most don't use the skill but i at least do and honestly like for it to be fixed. almost all the manuals for training it were gacha only and are now out of reach. an idea i'd had to fix that. generate a wandering npc like price that has the manuals in their shop inventory. could also do same thing with the other life skills as those are mostly broken too.
  • rainLOVErainLOVE
    > ~ <. it's nexon's evil idea
    make everything cheap by raise the % before they publish something new and awesome!
    //////////
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited December 19, 2016
    Hey least Kokopo was available for direct purchase. That was the only thing I cared about when they released this.
    mintiel
  • rainLOVErainLOVE
    O-O I think i want chocobo in mabi
    SherriMiDZ
    i honestly wouldn't mind them doing the FMA crossover that japan got. i mean square enix and the writer of FMA gave nexon jp the green light to do so. and SE and the writer own rights to the title. and if they say yes then nexon na should be allowed to do so. also would be nice if we got nekojima added entirely. not that silly cheesy fake they made called doki doki island.
  • rainLOVErainLOVE
    QAQ i'd like to have cloud and vincent dolls... and chocobo mount
  • RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,245
    Dai_Mata_Rei

prior cross over events at least had things average players who are usually broke in rl can do. this one's pure pay to play. not really fair to those like myself whom have no money either a cause they have bills to pay or b like me made stupid mistakes and have little to no money and are out of work
    This crossover only has a gacha and pet to offer, so there's really no "event" part to it. If you really want the outfits/pets, you could just buy them from other players. It's not the fault of the company if you can't afford the price the players are selling the outfits/pets for.

And truthfully, if someone is having money issues in their personal life, they should concern themselves with that more than a crossover on a game.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I am the luckiest girl on the planet.
    My birthday was three days ago so I got NX to buy myself and my friend a Kokopo.
    Now hoping Christmas brings me more NX.
    hUEHUEHUE

But yeah. At least make that NX thing last until New Years Day.
    With Christmas/New Year coming up, and Nexon would make a killing if the extra NX was there still. More reasons for us to buy bulk.
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    The sale is pretty much fair to everyone. The outfits are quite cheap because of how common they are. (1-2,5mil) as compared to how expensive they would be if they were rare. Also in KR/JP the pet was given out in a pet gacha were you had I think a 1/15 chance to get the bird vs NA getting the better deal of being able to buy the pet. So there is nothing wrong with this sale.
  • SurreptitiouslySurreptitiously
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,560
    edited December 19, 2016
    Dai_Mata_Rei

i honestly wouldn't mind them doing the FMA crossover that japan got. i mean square enix and the writer of FMA gave nexon jp the green light to do so. and SE and the writer own rights to the title. and if they say yes then nexon na should be allowed to do so. also would be nice if we got nekojima added entirely. not that silly cheesy fake they made called doki doki island.
    uhhhhhh
    FMA crossover was years ago. Literal ages. Getting rights to the IP (Intellectual Property) would be nigh impossible over here because the owners are different, and they likely see no reason to do it since as far as I know, FMA isn't being worked on right now. From a quick look, only Yen Press is actually doing anything, and that's digital releases of the original manga. Getting the rights to content that's around six years old and the go-to from Square Enix is not going to happen.

Additionally, Nekojima =/= Doki Doki. Same island, but Nekojima is JP Exclusive Content. They wont release the original island anywhere else. This isn't surprising, or new, because JP has had several other crossovers and exclusive content that most people don't even know about, such as a Shakugan no Shana crossover a few years back; JP-Exclusive content isn't new, and its extremely common in other games as well. KR/NA got Doki-Doki island because of a compromise to make a Valentine's Day themed event of it, and JP ended up getting a version of it as well(which we got for the second doki-doki return).

This is a crossover event that's pretty much just a clothing and pet sale. Not exactly unheard of and most folks who know of JP content would laugh at you. FMA required you to buy the cards by the way, so that is also locked behind a pay barrier.

We just got MusicQ and numerous revamps, a pet that isn't locked in a gacha and a shuffle board (just like the school uni shuffles) with the new outfits. We're also guaranteed two, possibly even three gachapons because of MusicQ, Winter, and Utawarerumono. They might mash the Winter with MusicQ. And before you say "Waah, Waah, more pay to obtain stuff!"

...You can always buy things from another player generous enough to sell it. Be glad that that's actually possible because some games lock cash-bought items, sometimes for a month, sometimes permanently.
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    I have to agree we got the better end of the deal compared to KR/JP. Having Kokopo in a pet gacha would've caused alot of grief. I'm glad it was an outright purchase and the shuffle card for the outfits made me happy!!
    FayeKaiba
    problem is the server i play on. sure i have nearly 3m sitting in bank atm. but most things i'd want in game are 2 or 3 times that. or sometimes upwards of 8m and earning money for me is hard cause 1 i use a crap computer so shadow missions are out, 2 don't have much to sell that's worth much. nor do i know what something is worth so i'm likely to sell something way less then i should. though sales don't come in fast enough for me to really deal with having a shop up anymore cause every time i get onto mabi all channels on ruairi server are listed at normal. not as many people are on. this ranges from middle of the day to late at night usually and as for the fma thing it'd still be nice to have it. also music didn't need a revamp. music was fine. life skills STILL broken and nexon as no plans on fixing them
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    You know you can buy items for gold right? image
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    This wasn't a music revamp this was an update. There is a difference. Also there are other more important things to work on first before an life skill update because that would be a much bigger thing. Also, you can't say that nexon has no plans because you don't know that. Infact last year in an interview nexon said they have plans for some of the life skills, not all but some.

Also, at this point, you are just making excuses because you have not once tried quoting or replying to anyone here. Case and point, this cash crossover was a great idea, I know so many people happy about it. You know how many people are happy because the outfits are common and that the pet is a 100% guarantee, instead of getting pet gacha's and say ending up with 10 foxes as opposed to 1 bird. I highly doubt they are 4-8mil for the common outfits. People are even willing to trade male for female outfits and vive versa which rarely happens.
  • andrewngn13andrewngn13
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,020
    Dai_Mata_Rei

Nexon JP stood to make quite a bit of money off the FMA crossover considering the distribution of players on their server. It simply isn't profitable to pay licensing fees to get the event overseas again. They are literally scraping the barrel for profit when they do such a move when you look at the revenue reports of comparisons by region.

Just glancing at the recent quarterly earnings, we don't even bring in a tenth of Nexon's revenue. China handles approximately half the revenue with Korea leading over Japan in the other half of 40%, then us barely scraping over EU give or take 2%.

This discussion has been closed.