Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

No Background Music?

LeineiLeinei
Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
edited March 16, 2017 in Technical Support
I'm somehow staying logged in, however, I notice there's no background music. I can hear the tower bells ring and the chickens and sheep, so the sound effects work I guess... Anyone else having this issue?

Comments

• NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    I normally have my background music turned off, so I would never notice.

Can't really check now with the constant NGS problems.
    Greta
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mohawk Guy said they're working on it. =D
  • SacredFlairSacredFlair
    Mabinogi Rep: 675
    Title screen has no music, music is playing for character selection, no music while loaded in the game. I even tried talking to an NPC and going outside of town but still no music for any of those
  • LeineiLeinei
    Ok, good. I'm happy to know at least it's not just on my end. =D
  • SacredFlairSacredFlair
    I've tried every NPC in Dunbarton and none of them have any music when talking to them
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    Background music works fine for me, but I always keep a backup of my MP3 folder and expand/reapply it each reinstall I do of the game out of habit, which is now at 1 GB.
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    Mine works fine.
    (I hear Belvast music :O)
  • ZerukanZerukan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,280
    I have my BGM turned off most of the time, but I turned it on right now and don't hear anything anywhere. Tried talking to an NPC and got nothin' either.
  • Angelhappy43Angelhappy43
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,925
    Yeah most of BGM don't work for me either
  • GenuisenieGenuisenie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,190
    edited March 16, 2017
    Just checked my MP3 folder...like more than half of the music is missing. Did someone accidentally delete it all from the newest patch?
    4nTRBCJ.png
    You can see there's a lot of gaps in the music list. How exactly did an error like this happen?
  • ZerukanZerukan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,280
    Genuisenie wrote: »
    Just checked my MP3 folder...like more than half of the music is missing. Did someone accidentally delete it all from the newest patch?
    4nTRBCJ.png
    You can see there's a lot of gaps in the music list. How exactly did an error like this happen?

I haven't updated my Steam version yet, but going into it's mp3 file a lot of sounds are definitely missing.
    72bf98d444f1b40388f8c27840a3137b.png
  • MizukoMizuko
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,315
    That maintenance did ate a lot of the background music. I hope they fix that.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Oh.. great. I never do generation quests or anything else story wise without music. Guess I'm putting G12 off longer.
  • SacredFlairSacredFlair
    edited March 16, 2017
    I've made a report on the missing BMG over here
    forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/2878/missing-bmg
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    4nTRBCJ.png
    Yes, this happens sometimes. Mostly, it's just title songs that get deleted.

This is why I backup my MP3 folder.
  • SacredFlairSacredFlair
    Sai wrote: »
    Yes, this happens sometimes. Mostly, it's just title songs that get deleted.

This is why I backup my MP3 folder.

I've decided to pick the MP3 folder that was changed on January 19 of this year to replace the one from this update but I'm still missing the new title screen music
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    edited March 16, 2017
    there is a website that contain most of the music in mp3 folder
    -link removed-
    try download them all with download tools and replace the missing file on mp3 folder

i did it once when for some reason a certain patch erase all my mp3 file
  • SacredFlairSacredFlair
    edited March 16, 2017
    Hazurah wrote: »
    -link removed-
    try download them all with download tools and replace the missing file on mp3 folder

That dosen't help me with what is supposed to be the current title screen music
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    edited March 16, 2017
    Hazurah wrote: »
    -link removed-

That dosen't help me with what is supposed to be the current title screen music

i'm not helping you ONLY either
  • LeineiLeinei
    edited March 16, 2017
    hqdefault.jpg

Looks like Nexon's got Dalton running around their building. -_-

(and yes that's an actual quote from a video game)
This discussion has been closed.