Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Chocolatier Romance Event

Comments

• badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    What are some good skills to use to kill the monsters? I mostly Ninja but that doesn't seem to be working. And I don't believe I can do Hydra, don't have those skills D: I really wanna do the event though.
  • KoisukiKoisuki
    Mabinogi Rep: 610
    What are some good skills to use to kill the monsters? I mostly Ninja but that doesn't seem to be working. And I don't believe I can do Hydra, don't have those skills D: I really wanna do the event though.

I mean it depends. For me I kept a shield ready for charge and in my other hand is nothing so as soon as I get the choco sticks, it's automatically in my hand.

In my other weapon slot I use knuckles and that seemed to work best for me
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    I don't think the recipe has to be perfect. I had more than what was needed and it was still mission success.
  • MissDevichiMissDevichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 625
    edited March 16, 2017
    Gaea wrote: »
    Oh and don't accidentally hit the fork before you collect all the ingredients.

I can't get enough ingredients in time! >_<
    My friend said he just got the ingredient you least of and as much as he could for the other two, then turned in whatever he got when it was 5min. Short of 10 or something, but he got a score in the 70s and passed.

He had to use a sticky mochi, the thing we got for attendance or whatever.
  • SplatulatedSplatulated
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,930
    is it hard?

how do you do it ??

how do start ?

how much time it take

im scared of solo dungeons x.x
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    I went and got a score of 65 (r1 tasting so 15 base points, score of 0 from ingredients, score of 50 from time limit) and it counted as a "success".

The chocolate was ugly "It takes some real skill to mess up chocolate this badly!", and it gave a Plain gift box, instead of a fancy gift box.

Seems more lenient than the normal cooking dungeon, at least.

Also, a trick for everyone who has pets that deal AoE damage on summon, (like the Pegasus from Saga, or the free Tuan that was given away at MusicQ), those deal damage ignoring the food's defensive stats.

If you have a few of them, such as from doing Saga completely on alts or something, then you could get enough kills just by summoning them alone, lol.
    Also someone mentioned it, but ANY attack that hits enemies, while you have the Chocolate Fondue Stick equipped, will lower the foods' defensive stats.
    This includes holding the stick while tossing bolts, while shock zaps enemies, while Fury of Light whacks things, and basically anything that counts as hitting.
    Just keep that stick in hand when the hits land.

Of course you could always just bash with the fondue stick, that's simple.
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,135
    it's not hard. I succeeded a hate recipe with a score of 50-55, so basically it's just about hitting the 5 minute mark whereas ingredients are just added bonus
  • YokkaichiYokkaichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    edited March 16, 2017
    Gaea wrote: »
    Oh and don't accidentally hit the fork before you collect all the ingredients.

I can't get enough ingredients in time! >_<
    My friend said he just got the ingredient you least of and as much as he could for the other two, then turned in whatever he got when it was 5min. Short of 10 or something, but he got a score in the 70s and passed.

He had to use a sticky mochi, the thing we got for attendance or whatever.
    You don't need the exact amount of each ingredient to get a good score. I believe you need at least 50 points to complete the quest. You do lose points if you go over 5 minutes, so even if you don't have enough of each ingredient, it's better to hit the fork on time than to go a minute over. Or under for that matter.

And as Iyasenu said, pets can help. I have a fallen fairy, so I use the Chocolate Fondue stick to lower the food's defensive stats, then summon my fairy to deal additional damage over time. And of course the nimbus to put them to sleep, and make them easier to hit.
  • VimiVimi
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,390
    I'm not sure how but I managed to get a 24 Max Damage Totem after doing the Love Recipe correctly
  • MissDevichiMissDevichi
    edited March 16, 2017
    is it hard?

how do you do it ??

how do start ?

how much time it take

im scared of solo dungeons x.x
    Its not that bad. Kill the fondou thing first for the fondou stick. Then just use the fondou stick to fight. You can just use normal attacks, smash, and assault slash. Defend if you think you need it.

Kill the ingredients into the big red circle in the center of the map. You can check how much is needed in the info button next to the exit button. You dont need to have exactly what is asked for but get as close as you can. When you are done, click the fork which is at the side of the dungeon, you cant miss it. Try to click the fork around 5-5:15min in.

If you think you need more power, you can se Battlefield Overture or eat food items that increase str. Like the sticky mochi you got in the attendance earlier this month.
  • KokoroKokoro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155
    I like to use Puppetry in cooking dungeons because the marionette helps to take some of the aggro away and Act:6 Crisis works wonders for getting all the ingredients into the red zone (or in a pile ready to be 'tenderised').
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited March 16, 2017
    8e1e9a07c8bc4fcf85d44fba3fbfcd1c.png
    e027d2bcc4704caeb7ebfea4e3f0bd40.png
    OpalthiraSherri
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    Koisuki wrote: »

I mean it depends. For me I kept a shield ready for charge and in my other hand is nothing so as soon as I get the choco sticks, it's automatically in my hand.

In my other weapon slot I use knuckles and that seemed to work best for me

Thank you for recommending knuckles, I actually tried that and it worked a lot better =D
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    edited March 16, 2017
    What is mostly in the boxes you get? The event announcement doesn't say.
    HS items, food.. anything else interesting?
  • MissDevichiMissDevichi
    Sherri wrote: »
    What is mostly in the boxes you get? The event announcement doesn't say.
    HS items, food.. anything else interesting?
    You can get the fondou stick dealies. With what you have already said, i think thats all
    Sherri
  • TreepTreep
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,930
    You can add some garlic to this chocolate~

Just slap a Hydra down and easy event :D
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited March 16, 2017
    You get like two weeks to do this event.
    5 trys per day
    Need 10 completions to get get everything from the event
    At least the Mini gems aren't rng...
    *got a 68 just for hitting the fork at 5 minutes was enough to complete the quest
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited March 16, 2017
    So... Will we get 5 recipes everyday? Is it worth for me to use 4 other passes if i already completed 1 time and it counted as success? Or i get more boxes on each completed recipe?
  • SutaruSutaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,715
    For some reason I cant seem to kill enough to get over 54 point....I literally got 54 points all 5 times lol
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    Sutaru wrote: »
    For some reason I cant seem to kill enough to get over 54 point....I literally got 54 points all 5 times lol

make sure you finish it within 5 minutes, more than that it will dramatically reduce the point

GretaSutaruSherri