Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Chocolatier Romance Event

Comments

• SutaruSutaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,715
    Hazurah wrote: »
    Sutaru wrote: »
    For some reason I cant seem to kill enough to get over 54 point....I literally got 54 points all 5 times lol

make sure you finish it within 5 minutes, more than that it will dramatically reduce the point

Strangely enough that is exactly what I have been doing.

• AerenAeren
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,565
    For someone who has no Hydra Transmutation, low rank Charge, rank 4 fireball and rank 1 firebolt...
    What are the possible techniques/tips anyone can give?

I have around 7 AOE pets and I've been windmilling with fondue stick in hand to damage all that I can and yet I can only make about 2-12 points in every run. (2 when I try to turn stuff in -incomplete- around 5min mark, and 12-15 ish when i finish around 10mins). I don't understand why, but the Kitchen dungeon is very challenging for me.

Can anyone give advice? Thank you. :3
  • dowiedowie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,800
    standing in teh middle and windmilling seems pretty productive ! When you're about finished you can just bash teh remaining ones you need
  • KoisukiKoisuki
    Mabinogi Rep: 610
    Aeren wrote: »
    For someone who has no Hydra Transmutation, low rank Charge, rank 4 fireball and rank 1 firebolt...

I have around 7 AOE pets and I've been windmilling with fondue stick in hand to damage all that I can and yet I can only make about 2-12 points in every run. (2 when I try to turn stuff in -incomplete- around 5min mark, and 12-15 ish when i finish around 10mins). I don't understand why, but the Kitchen dungeon is very challenging for me.

You don't need to use windmill that much since just simply whacking the food with the fondue stick is already going to put a lot of splash damage.

Even with a low rank charge, I'd still use it to get back into the fray faster if you get knocked back.

Got any fighter skills? I'd reccomend knuckles to help deal a lot of damage once you whack the ingredients at least once with the fondue stick.
  • MissDevichiMissDevichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 625

I have a friend who who has only rebirthed once (by choice, about 150 total), so he doesn't have a lot of skills or stats. He only used normal attacks, Smash, Assault Slash, and Defend -- and Smash was his highest ranked skill at r8 or 9. The splash damage from the Fondue stick was the only weapon he used, and he got the bonus from the Super Sticky Mochi (+50 in all stats). Try to hit as many as you can with the splash damage alone. 2 normal + 1 smash, then AS if it's still alive. He couldn't get the whole list done, but he got enough for somewhere in the 70s. He turned in a bit after the 5min mark, since it said it was a little overcooked.

You can use whatever +str food you got or cater something with a lot of strength. Battlefield Overture if you got it. Dem fondue weapons are your friends, EMBRACE IT.
  • AoiuAoiu
    Mabinogi Rep: 500
    This event is that hard for people? I messed up a tiny bit at got like 64% on my 1st run but after that I only got 100%. I was generally done with it before the 5 minute mark.
  • AerenAeren
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,565
    Koisuki wrote: »
    You don't need to use windmill that much since just simply whacking the food with the fondue stick is already going to put a lot of splash damage.

Even with a low rank charge, I'd still use it to get back into the fray faster if you get knocked back.

Got any fighter skills? I'd reccomend knuckles to help deal a lot of damage once you whack the ingredients at least once with the fondue stick.

- I haven't really mastered or found a good way to use charge, so maybe i'll try it out

- i used to have high ranked fighter skills but i reset capsuled them since they don't work for me (i lag a lot and i don't get to use the chain skills in process because of lag) -- are there any specific fighter skills i can use on the food monsters?

i am total level 2100+ btw.

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Do you get more boxes on each recipe you finish or it's just once a day thing?
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited March 16, 2017
    Greta wrote: »

I got two boxes now. Maybe they forgot to fix the daily thing, because it resets at 3 as usual.
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    How many points do you need to pass? I think I got close on my last try but I still failed, sadly I don't remember what my points were since I just glanced over it :/
  • DaktaroDaktaro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    are there any specific fighter skills i can use on the food monsters?
    spinning uppercut has chance to put debuff on them that reduces def/prot. which is good because the def/prot they have is the reason they're harder to kill.
    somersault kick has chance to daze which stops them from using magic. i haven't tried this event yet but if it's like the regular cooking dungeon they spam bolt magic so it can be useful.

Aeren
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    All i got was food from those boxes... I feel RNGJesus is not nice to me.
    SylviaWolfeSherri
  • NekoLilyNekoLily
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    What are some good skills to use to kill the monsters? I mostly Ninja but that doesn't seem to be working. And I don't believe I can do Hydra, don't have those skills D: I really wanna do the event though.

I don't use Hydra, having it really low rank, so I went for Thunder. Hit a few of them 2-3 times (with the stick dropped from stick mob) then Crisis Escape/Lullaby and then Thunder. It's good because it won't affect the ones I didn't attack with the stick, so it's easier to avoid getting more "ingredients" than required for each type.
    Aeren
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    How many points do you need to pass? I think I got close on my last try but I still failed, sadly I don't remember what my points were since I just glanced over it :/

I've been getting 50 points to pass.
    badnewsbarrett
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    edited March 17, 2017
    Greta wrote: »

I got two boxes now. Maybe they forgot to fix the daily thing, because it resets at 3 as usual.

I got a box all five times I did it yesterday (though I did get 100 points all five tries). Only your first success per day counts for event quest progress, though.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Just a Btw you keep all recipes from previous days
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    edited March 17, 2017
    You don't really need any skill in the event cooking dungeon.. really.

Just hit ingredients up more than 3 times and splash as much as you can, balance the kill on each ingredients, watch on the elapsed time, that's all. If you did not kill enough ingredients when 5 minutes passed, just go ahead hit the spoon and end it. You will still get like more than 70 points. (missing like 1~3 still gives you about 90 points...) Remove flying sword(stick thing) fast out of red circle if you are quite bothered. In this way, even my level 300 ish human without much skills (only used melee, smash, defense) could finish in like 2~3 minutes elapsed. When you get used to cooking dungeon, it's easy but just little boring and much clicking that's all.
  • MrzorbMrzorb
    Mabinogi Rep: 610
    Does anyone know if we'll be able to get both the mini gems or are you locked to just one depending on the quest you picked up to the 5th competition?
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    Mrzorb wrote: »
    Does anyone know if we'll be able to get both the mini gems or are you locked to just one depending on the quest you picked up to the 5th competition?

I'm assuming you'll be able to get both but I'm really not sure D:
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Koisuki wrote: »

Did they even fix the fighter glitch? You could just as easily bash with the fondue sticks.

I admit, without a high rank transmutation, I wouldn't be sure how to run this event myself.