Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Great Era of Commerce Part 2 Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/75598/great-era-of-commerce-part-2-patch-notes-july-28th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

The Biggest Flaw Of The Wonderful Wings Gacha

BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
Mabinogi Rep: 24,290
Posts: 2,792
Member
edited March 17, 2017 in Item/Premium Shop
Hello Community, this is Blissfulkill here, and I am here to rant about the wing boxes. Specifically, what this gacha continues to do from previous attempts. The RNG is not what I am complaining about, but the new wings themselves. In details, I am upset about

-All the "new" wings are hasty recolors of previously existing wings.
-These wings were not able to be custom dyed in the first place, but are instead, they are their own separate items.

Just...why? We had new wings like Bone Blade and Trifold that are enough to justify their separate existence, but most wings at this point are lazy recolors, for something that should be custom dyed in the first place, like virtually every other fashion item. This stimulates profits for Nexon, by allowing the existence of more gachas, while screwing the playerbase over. I mean, look at this.

Colors.png

Virtually everything is underlined. Two things. First off, there is a mix and match here, Where there are Pewter Cutieflies, there are also Pewter Butterflies, which basically states "same wings as before, but different color for each individual style"

So if you have any doubts that "sunset" wings or others are not recolors, they are. An overwhelming amount of the new wings that actually dropped, are recolors.


This is a continued thorn to customization because we need more gachas, more often, with new prizes, and I do not think that should be how it is. This is just a lazy rehash, and as long as it continues, we will most likely get new wings that we will not be able to custom dye, but have to buy a separate version altogether in a new gacha with nothing to offer.

This is pretty terrible, considering that with new content they are restricting options that were previously available to the player for direct purchase or otherwise. Wig slots? Oh who needs those, Nexon will just unleash customization options as coupons strictly found in the gacha, despite this providing no benefit to the playerbase but plenty for Nexon. At best, only the wealthy or lucky will not experience a real change, but even then, they may want to change hairstyles that would forever rid them of their 80 million gold Ponytail. Oh, and limited duration tails, of course!

Separating wings into recolors is crapping on previous freedoms, and this angers me.

One of the problem is RNG, sure, but the fact that this gacha exists to profit Nexon while options that would have been more beneficial to the playerbase's wallets existed but were not taken. In any case, why do we want recolors when this is what we are advocating with out money? More and more restrictions?

A great game doesn't necessarily have to be unprofitable, nor does being greedy guarantee profit.

Just make wings able to be customed dyed.
badnewsbarrettSherriVimi

Comments

  • AutographAutograph
    Mabinogi Rep: 970
    Posts: 26
    Member
    Don't support the gacha if you don't agree with it. Spend your money elsewhere. Nothing speaks louder than money.
    OrkaneGretaXiokunHiroki05Crisis1Vimi
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,290
    Posts: 2,792
    Member
    Autograph wrote: »
    Don't support the gacha if you don't agree with it. Spend your money elsewhere. Nothing speaks louder than money.

    I agree. Hence why I am telling other people about the nature of the direction this gacha shows. I did not post "Don't spend money". People can spend it however they want, and that sounds preachy if I did.
  • AutographAutograph
    Mabinogi Rep: 970
    Posts: 26
    Member
    Autograph wrote: »
    Don't support the gacha if you don't agree with it. Spend your money elsewhere. Nothing speaks louder than money.

    I agree. Hence why I am telling other people about the nature of the direction this gacha shows. I did not post "Don't spend money". People can spend it however they want, and that sounds preachy if I did.
    I personally don't mind these recolors being their own separate entity.
    Look at Tuan wings for existence. Those dyes are what..? 20m for it? (I honestly don't know seeing as I don't care much for these things)
    Imagine if they went about it that way. Specific dyes needed for specific wings. Compared to a "wing dye amp" as a whole. Because then people would bicker over Tuan wings being old fashioned and left in their old way.

    Also, imagine flashy wings. It's already gross seeing it on the two-tone cupids.
    I'm happy to have options for other colors even if it's just for an easy profit for Nexon tbh
    There isn't specifically a downside to it being this way imo.. but that's coming from a f2p player. I'm not sure if this is a different standpoint than someone who actually spends money on this game.
    My apologies for the wall of text QwQ

  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    Posts: 519
    Member
    Aren't we supposed to be having a wing dye gacha soon? I feel like I remember them saying that in the stream and I've seen others saying it too... So maybe some of them can be dyed? Or can be once the gacha comes out? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
  • YuechiiYuechii
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,045
    Posts: 44
    Member
    OR..OR, Make the Wings Dyeable and not make it into a huge unorganized mess ._.
    All I wanted was Tuan dyes...Spirit weapon Wings...or something NOT recolored >.>
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,290
    Posts: 2,792
    Member
    Autograph wrote: »
    Autograph wrote: »
    Don't support the gacha if you don't agree with it. Spend your money elsewhere. Nothing speaks louder than money.

    I agree. Hence why I am telling other people about the nature of the direction this gacha shows. I did not post "Don't spend money". People can spend it however they want, and that sounds preachy if I did.
    I personally don't mind these recolors being their own separate entity.
    Look at Tuan wings for existence. Those dyes are what..? 20m for it? (I honestly don't know seeing as I don't care much for these things)
    Imagine if they went about it that way. Specific dyes needed for specific wings. Compared to a "wing dye amp" as a whole. Because then people would bicker over Tuan wings being old fashioned and left in their old way.

    Also, imagine flashy wings. It's already gross seeing it on the two-tone cupids.
    I'm happy to have options for other colors even if it's just for an easy profit for Nexon tbh
    There isn't specifically a downside to it being this way imo.. but that's coming from a f2p player. I'm not sure if this is a different standpoint than someone who actually spends money on this game.
    My apologies for the wall of text QwQ
    I've written bigger. For Nexon, this is taking the easy way out. Tuan Wings might have been their own one time thing, but this is the culmination of the continued making of inconveniences for the players so the Devs can make their buck. This argument you're making is essentially "it could be worst", such as specific dyes for specific wings, and that is not a valid one, but a matter of perspective. We could have to pay to use wings, like with tails. We could have to pay to use anything other than newbie wear for looks. This is not making me feel better, nor do I see why. I imagine it could be better without any loss of profit, which is important to consider because the Devs need money as well.

    But here is the problem. I am not advocating that there be no different colors. I am advocating that wings, like most other fashion clothing, be simply dyeable like the rest of our clothing, from armor to clothing to even tails. This would allow greater customization, benefiting the player base, rather than players searching for specific wings and colors that are essentially the same.

    I dislike flashies, but more power to people who wear them these days.
    YuechiiTheDumbOneImaizumiSherriHiroki05
  • DaktaroDaktaro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    Posts: 282
    Member
    mhm.. why can't all wings just have 1 version and be dyeable with regular and/or metal dye amps like everything else.. instead of having truck loads of separate ones with different colour. i agree it's a mess.
    it reminds me of how they make 14234392 versions of upgrade stones (not lucky or protection, just the normal one) with different descriptions and tags on them to where they don't stack and only some can be banked and some can be traded, some neither some both
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Posts: 2,887
    Member
    I thought the bigger flaw was that it's filled with a lot of NOT wings.
    badnewsbarrettSherriHiroki05Policroma
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
    Posts: 342
    Member
    i dont want to argue with the post... but wings are not that important....if your argument is theirs no new stylized wings. isnt that a little over the top. Their wings..,. not a commodity. (even if mabinogi players treat wings like it is)
    Im still worried about: gendered and race restricted weapons- hair eye and mouth coupons being non-permanent re-purchasable items- limited time pets instead of perm pets- gachas that were VERY bad, like tail gacha. stuff like that...- I dont usually say Nay, becuase i want people to agree with things im worried about too... but i cant see this in anyway a bad gacha. its even advertised as just color assorted new wings.
    and we just had several new wings implemented already.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,290
    Posts: 2,792
    Member
    edited March 17, 2017
    TheDumbOne wrote: »
    i dont want to argue with the post... but wings are not that important....if your argument is theirs no new stylized wings. isnt that a little over the top. Their wings..,. not a commodity. (even if mabinogi players treat wings like it is)
    Im still worried about: gendered and race restricted weapons- hair eye and mouth coupons being non-permanent re-purchasable items- limited time pets instead of perm pets- gachas that were VERY bad, like tail gacha. stuff like that...- I dont usually say Nay, becuase i want people to agree with things im worried about too... but i cant see this in anyway a bad gacha. its even advertised as just color assorted new wings.
    and we just had several new wings implemented already.

    I am sure there are any not any new wings that aren't recolors. The point being that they are doing this for profit. If it isn't enough they put appearance options in gachapons, or the debut of tails and several restrictions (Some needed perma coupons or 90 day extensions, with style tab needed) and I ask, "where do put our foot down?" This isn't just one hiccup, but a direction to increased monetization on items that were previously directly purchased, or able to be used by people with enough gold without spending NX.

    This, in the fact of several suggestions for wig slots, and several other suggestions about several other options, and I must say, this has got to stop. We even had the free card with premium features that were NEVER ADVERTISED AT START UP converted into 5 cards without such an option in the first place.

    My argument being that several of these wings should not exist, and that dying should be an option on generic versions of said wings. I am not sure about commodities though. I don't know many areas where certain things are needed, but this thread isn't about the problem over there. The game has problems everywhere. I wanted to alert people this this isn't the worst part of a gachapon with poor RNG.
    badnewsbarrettTheDumbOne
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
    Posts: 342
    Member
    TheDumbOne wrote: »
    .

    in that case, I totally agree, too bad people didnt care when they FIRST started sending out hair coupons (etc) or that awful tail gacha(s).
    Now its down to wing dyeing...
    I know nothing about what happens in KR compare to us. But we cant support this nonsense.
    Eventually if they dont change, the game community just gonna evaporate....its just common sense. people have a limit till their ego cant take being suckerd
  • MissDevichiMissDevichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 625
    Posts: 59
    Member
    - At least the wings arent like the ones the Butterfly wings were like when they first came out, where the colors were unset and random, so you got what you got.

    - Because there are so many option in color, a lot of the wings are cheap. People complain wings being too expensive, this forces the price for these wings to be cheaper.

    - It also takes the guess work out of deciding what color combo you want on the wings. We got more options for these wings than we did before, it's not that bad.

    - Wings are a very small part in this game. They do no restrict your gameplay. Wings do not make you a better player just because you have them (unless you got that give of an ego. Ignore bonus from festia wings since they arent gacha). You like em, you play the gacha or buy off another player. Dont like them, dont get em.


  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    Posts: 887
    Member
    I thought the biggest flaw of the Wing Gacha is the typo they made.

    They spelled 'dye' wrong. It's a DYE Gacha. :3
    nevyn25Goldtiger01TynanShadows
  • SacredFlairSacredFlair
    Mabinogi Rep: 675
    Posts: 41
    Member
    The biggest flaw of every gacha is the ammount of common crap they put in it and reuse for almost every other gacha. For example the last 3 gachas (musicq, frozen heart, wing gacha) all have training pots
    Goldtiger01
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    Posts: 521
    Member
    I agree - I do think they should be made so they're dyeable instead of giving us fixed colors to pick from.
    Goldtiger01
  • NearlyNearly
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,355
    Posts: 104
    Member
    I find the biggest flaw is that the drop rate of all the wings are still next to none.

    Seriously, 45 gachas and 0 wings.
    Goldtiger01
  • KiirionKiirion
    Mabinogi Rep: 825
    Posts: 45
    Member
    its the luck of the cards and the luck is -2% for some people :/
    also i kind of idk like the fixed colors of the wings? because you can just trade them and if you have to dye them its like a hassle to find the right color dye that you like,,?? idk im pretty tame when it comes to this stuff ;v;''
  • FweepFweep
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,015
    Posts: 86
    Member
    edited March 18, 2017
    I don't mind the recolor stuff, tbh. Would dyeable wings be better though? Probably, yeah. At least for the people who can't quite find wings in the hue they want even after all these recolors being released.

    I think the things I'm more peeved off about are expiring things (like tails) or pons being practically useless for dressing room stuff, especially new hairstyles/eyes/mouths since it's all coupons now.

    My only fear is that the new haircolors I think are coming out will also end up needing coupons. I thought dressing room would always depend on Pons when it was released, and better hairstyles would cost a little more, but at least everyone is able to get what they want.
    badnewsbarrettBlissfulkillDaktaroGoldtiger01Hiroki05
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,290
    Posts: 2,792
    Member
    Fweep wrote: »
    I don't mind the recolor stuff, tbh. Would dyeable wings be better though? Probably, yeah. At least for the people who can't quite find wings in the hue they want even after all these recolors being released.

    I think the things I'm more peeved off about are expiring things (like tails) or pons being practically useless for dressing room stuff, especially new hairstyles/eyes/mouths since it's all coupons now.

    My only fear is that the new haircolors I think are coming out will also end up needing coupons. I thought dressing room would always depend on Pons when it was released, and better hairstyles would cost a little more, but at least everyone is able to get what they want.
    I really, really hate the direction they took there.
    Can't...even...keep them...as permanent options.

    Seriously? What the hell is this?
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,370
    Posts: 443
    Member
    I wanted to alert people this this isn't the worst part of a gachapon with poor RNG.

    you mean

    there will be worse?