Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Solar/Ice/Bat/Pumpkin/Ogre Crowns

Sphyra21Sphyra21
Mabinogi Rep: 5,555
in Feedback and Suggestions
Suggestion: Make it so that a Solar/Ice/Bat/Pumpkin/Ogre Crowns equipped in the style tab do NOT change the character's skin color.

Why: I love the look of the crown but I definitely don't want to look like the She-Hulk or a Smurf.

Anyone else feel the same?
  1. Would you like this implemented?26 votes
    1. Yes!
       19% (5 votes)
    2. No
       23% (6 votes)
    3. Yes, and/or release a dyable version that does not affect skin color
       31% (8 votes)
    4. No and/or release a dyable version that does not affect skin color
       27% (7 votes)

Comments

• BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    edited March 23, 2017
    Omg I would love to use my pumpkin and ice crowns and not have my skin change. That would be amazing.

Support.
    Crimsọn
  • YokkaichiYokkaichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    Tbh, I like the skin color change. My elf character is always purple, which is about as close as I can get to having a dark skinned elf. Now, if we could extend this suggestion to, say, having odd color skin options available for all races, and then doing away with the crowns changing the character's skin color, then I'm all for it.
    Sphyra21KryoSherri
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Yokkaichi wrote: »
    Tbh, I like the skin color change. My elf character is always purple, which is about as close as I can get to having a dark skinned elf. Now, if we could extend this suggestion to, say, having odd color skin options available for all races, and then doing away with the crowns changing the character's skin color, then I'm all for it.
    Not sure, can you just not wear anything in the style tab to show off your crown, and have it turn you skin purple by being based off being normally equipped?
  • YokkaichiYokkaichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    Yokkaichi wrote: »
    Not sure, can you just not wear anything in the style tab to show off your crown, and have it turn you skin purple by being based off being normally equipped?
    Yes you can, but I'd like my skin to be purple without having to wear the crown. So that way I can keep my skin purple, and other people can wear the crowns without having their skin color change. But I wear the crown in my equip tab, then wear a wig or other headdress in the style tab.
  • ShinoryoshuShinoryoshu
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,290
    edited March 24, 2017
    Or have them have a activated effect kinda like the support puppets. Turn them on and off when you want.
  • IonIon
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,365
    edited March 24, 2017
    This is a problem for people that want the look of the crown and the colour effect but also want to wear good equipment underneath. Instead of messing with how they work, I'd rather new versions were added in that didn't change colour.
  • Sphyra21Sphyra21
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,555
    Or have them have a activated effect kinda like the support puppets. Turn them on and off when you want.

true, I just want to use this bat crown I have that has blue crystals instead of purple but I DON'T want purple skin.

And I've tried different things to negate the color change effect (ex. equipping a headgear item in the gear tab and the crown in the style tab) but nope still changes the skin color. I even tried putting a solar crown in the gear tab (the solar crown has the most subtle visual effect) and my blue bat crown in the style tab. The bat crown negates the solar crown.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited March 24, 2017
    Knowing Nexon, they'd probably just release a rare gachapon drop version of uh... let's call it 'Null Crown' that's dyeable and has no effect on skin color. Long, technical changes to improve player satisfaction just really isn't something Nexon NA is known for, so don't expect the effects of Null Crown to be available on all the current skin color crowns. Also, a new item like Null Crown probably will show up in NA 3-5 months after KR gets it. It's a plausible item to make, just not something Nexon NA really has any priority on, no matter how many players actually want or would pay for Null Crown.
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    edited March 25, 2017
    I wear them for the color change, and then cover them up with something else in the style tab. -_-

Also, I would really like a bright crimson red variant quite badly.
    Nilrem
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    Shaeli wrote: »
    Also, I would really like a bright crimson red variant quite badly.

This. How is there not a red crown yet.
  • JekzellJekzell
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,050
    or just make it where you can turn off or on the skin color changer
    Sphyra21Xiokun