Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

9th Anniversary GM Event Day 1: Tarlach

Comments

• DaktaroDaktaro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    agree with the other posters that giving away extra items for compensation due to unplanned circumstances is no problem but when it's an item exclusive to one server that's not really fair. should give out the same items to each server.
    now if people see the only way to get an altam balloon is through compensation in the GM event, can potentially see people on mari and alexina trying to intentionally crash the servers just to get the balloon e_e
    SanorosuBlankeyeIyasenumintielCarlizeXiokun
  • YokkaichiYokkaichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    Blankeye wrote: »
    MohawkGuy wrote: »

or give away the exact same item on every server going forward.

Wait, why aren't you doing this in the first place like of course if other servers don't get the same things they're going to be upset, it's just logical. Sanorosu is right, you've given Tarlach a server exclusive item now and if what you're saying is correct and you gave the Altam balloon as a comp, that means Alexina and Mari are only going to get two balloons as well. More people are going to be upset by this.
    Really I can't tell you how disappointed I am.
    This seems silly to be upset about. It is just a balloon after all, and you never know if those same balloons will come back again in some way, shape or form. Tarlach ch 3 did crash after all, and many people could not log back on. It seems fair that we got some compensation for missing out on some time with the GM's.

Greta
  • SanorosuSanorosu
    Mabinogi Rep: 730
    edited March 28, 2017
    Yokkaichi wrote: »
    Blankeye wrote: »
    MohawkGuy wrote: »

or give away the exact same item on every server going forward.
    Wait, why aren't you doing this in the first place like of course if other servers don't get the same things they're going to be upset, it's just logical. Sanorosu is right, you've given Tarlach a server exclusive item now and if what you're saying is correct and you gave the Altam balloon as a comp, that means Alexina and Mari are only going to get two balloons as well. More people are going to be upset by this.
    Really I can't tell you how disappointed I am.
    This seems silly to be upset about. It is just a balloon after all, and you never know if those same balloons will come back again in some way, shape or form. Tarlach ch 3 did crash after all, and many people could not log back on. It seems fair that we got some compensation for missing out on some time with the GM's.

We've already been over this and I'll say it every time. Just because it's not important to you doesn't mean its not important to someone else. Not everybody is gonna see everything the same way you do and some things will always be more important to one person than it is to another. You cannot tell people what is and what isn't important to them. That being said, I do agree they should get compensation, just not server exclusive compensation.
    BlankeyeIyasenu[Deleted User]mintielCarlizeXiokun
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited March 28, 2017
    Look you guys want balloons, I have tons of them. I will happily give each of you a balloon as a 9th anniversary gift from me as a fellow player. Just note me and you can have one for free. I have avelins, caswyns, tarlachs...

I meant no ill will for what I said earlier but you guys do have to understand that Tarlach experienced a server crash. They missed out on time with our beloved GM's. Tarlach's players were very upset. All our staff wanted to do was make up for it to THEM. Did we experience a server crash? No. So...do we deserve compensation for something that didn't happen to us?

I won't answer that last question. You guys need to stop and think about this rationally. You have upset our GM's who try to appease us as much as they can, but all you can do is bicker about mundane items. How do you think that makes them feel?

I am a parent and this is something kids do; "Well she got this and I didn't" -baps!- "Because...she was sick in bed and couldn't go to the birthday party. Don't be such a brat. Besides, you got a bunch of cool stuff last week and she didn't." "But but...!" -baps!- "knock it off and see the bigger picture".

When I view these forums, sometimes it pisses me off. Because a lot of you remind me of my kids. My kids can make me feel pretty helpless at times despite everything I do for them. Being fair and loving at the same time is not always easy thing to do.
    Yokkaichi
  • mintielmintiel
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,855
    Gaea wrote: »
    Look you guys want balloons, I have tons of them. I will happily give each of you a balloon. Just note me and you can have one for free. I have avelins, caswyns, tarlachs...

give me all your tarlachs
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,045
    Look you guys want balloons, I have tons of them. I will happily give each of you a balloon as a 9th anniversary gift from me a fellow player. Just note me and you can have one for free. I have avelins, caswyns, tarlachs...

0/10 Segmentation fault
  • mintielmintiel
    Real talk though, the problem here isn't the balloon part it's more of the fact that there's very few npc items out there for specific npcs. Altam himself kind of lacks in this category, and a lot of people like Altam, therefore they're upset that something with Altam on it has been made exclusive and exists now in one server, when it should have been in the box to begin with. I know this may seem trivial to people who aren't exactly fans of the storyline or NPCs in Mabi, but for those who are, it can be a bit upsetting and viewed as not fair. Especially when Nkeona replies with a bratty response instead of explaining why this happened or telling if there would be another chance to get said balloon.

If that's hard for people to understand still, then I don't know what to say aside from mocking the situation doesn't exactly help ease the tension.
    BlankeyeSenyuniCarlize
  • SanorosuSanorosu
    Look you guys want balloons, I have tons of them. I will happily give each of you a balloon as a 9th anniversary gift from me as a fellow player. Just note me and you can have one for free. I have avelins, caswyns, tarlachs...

I meant no ill will for what I said earlier but you guys do have to understand that Tarlach experienced a server crash. They missed out on time with our beloved GM's. Tarlach's players were very upset. All our staff wanted to do was make up for it to THEM. Did we experience a server crash? No. So, do we deserve compensation for something that didn't happen to us?

I won't answer that last question. You guys need to stop and think about this rationally. You have upset our GM's who try to appease us as much as they can, but all you can do is bicker about mundane items. How do you think that makes them feel?

Thats very nice of you and thank you, but a lot of people wanted altam's specifically. Its not just about getting a random balloon to them Also, I've already said that we don't mind if they get something for compensation, it just shouldn't be a server exclusive item.
    Blankeye
    edited March 28, 2017
    Did we experience a server crash? No. So...do we deserve compensation for something that didn't happen to us?

Thinking about this rationally, this is a very bad precedent. Your saying that If servers crash, then players deserve compensation.
    By Nash equilibrium, any rational thinker would determine that the best choice is to intentionally crash the servers.

Also see,
    Daktaro wrote: »
    agree with the other posters that giving away extra items for compensation due to unplanned circumstances is no problem but when it's an item exclusive to one server that's not really fair. should give out the same items to each server.
    now if people see the only way to get an altam balloon is through compensation in the GM event, can potentially see people on mari and alexina trying to intentionally crash the servers just to get the balloon e_e

• BlankeyeBlankeye
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,640
    >It's just a balloon guys
    >It's just a balloon!
    >It's a balloon get over it
    >I can give you my balloons I have plenty
    >It's just a balloon
    >It's just a balloon

You
    are
    all
    missing
    the
    point
    It's
    not
    just
    a
    balloon
    it's
    an
    ALTAM
    balloon
    (ノ゚▽゚)ノ
    Sanorosu[Deleted User]mintielSenyuniCarlize
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited March 28, 2017
    Don't assume it's going to be server exclusive. These items can easily be released again and again with future events.

Patience.
    Greta
  • VeraVera
    Mabinogi Rep: 430
    I think some of you are misunderstanding what MohawkGuy is saying with his statement of "If this keeps becoming an issue after events, we will keep having GM events, but will not give away any items or give away the exact same item on every server going forward."
    The way I interpreted that was him saying they'll either not give us anything or they just won't give the same things to all servers. Instead they'll give each server different things.

That being said, I know a lot of you are mad about what has happened with this balloon ordeal, but it would be great if we could stop complaining since GMs are stating that they might not even give us anything anymore because of this.
    PaperbagCrimsọnGreta
  • SanorosuSanorosu
    edited March 28, 2017
    Don't assume it's going to be server exclusive. These items can easily be released again and again with future events.

Patience.
    Currently it is deemed server exclusive as Nkeona does not have any idea when they will be released again, assuming Nexon keeps good communication within their staff. Being that we all had the same event, we should all have the same chances as another to get the same brand new items never released before, and not a server receiving items that another server will not be allowed to get. fa9c4f64cd.jpg
    BlankeyeCrimsọnSenyuni
  • mintielmintiel
    edited March 28, 2017
    Vera wrote: »
    I think some of you are misunderstanding what MohawkGuy is saying with his statement of"If this keeps becoming an issue after events, we will keep having GM events, but will not give away any items or give away the exact same item on every server going forward."
    The way I interpreted that was him saying they'll either not give us anything or they just won't give the same things to all servers. Instead they'll give each server different things.

That being said, I know a lot of you are mad about what has happened with this balloon ordeal, but it would be great if we could stop complaining since GMs are stating that they might not even give us anything anymore because of this.
    If they start doing that then people are really going to get mad, and a lot more.
    BlankeyeCarlize
  • BlankeyeBlankeye
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,640
    mintiel wrote: »
    Vera wrote: »
    I think some of you are misunderstanding what MohawkGuy is saying with his statement of"If this keeps becoming an issue after events, we will keep having GM events, but will not give away any items or give away the exact same item on every server going forward."

If they start doing that then people are really going to get mad, and a lot more.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    THIS
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    Really, the issue of server crash and other stuff makes me has a cold shoulder and sweat

(My server is Alexina, most populated...)
  • SanorosuSanorosu
    edited March 28, 2017

I meant no ill will for what I said earlier but you guys do have to understand that Tarlach experienced a server crash. They missed out on time with our beloved GM's. Tarlach's players were very upset. All our staff wanted to do was make up for it to THEM. Did we experience a server crash? No. So...do we deserve compensation for something that didn't happen to us?

I am a parent and this is something kids do; "Well she got this and I didn't" -baps!- "Because...she was sick in bed and couldn't go to the birthday party. Don't be such a brat. Besides, you got a bunch of cool stuff last week and she didn't." "But but...!" -baps!- "knock it off and see the bigger picture".

When I view these forums, sometimes it pisses me off. Because a lot of you remind me of my kids. My kids can make me feel pretty helpless at times despite everything I do for them. Being fair and loving at the same time is not always easy thing to do.

First of all, please stop editing your posts because now you're making even more work for the GMs, who you want to save the trouble of so much work, by shuffling through all of this to make sense of the timeline of events that you keep editing. Secondly, these servers are supposed to be the SAME game spread across multiple hosts so that they can handle the load of all the players, not 4 separate servers that each get special privileges. "Who gets what" is supposed to be fair throughout the servers, if one server experiences a problem that the others don't, then yes they should revive an item for their troubles that already exists within the game, but not something that other people won't be able to obtain and making server A completely different from server B in items that can possibly exist within the game.
    BlankeyeSenyunimintielCarlize
  • SenyuniSenyuni
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,310
    If the Altam Balloon isnt given to Alexina, you know everyone will throw a bigger fit right? LOL

People pointing out how its unfair are in the right, a server-exclusive npc balloon that is a well-loved npc is really kinda Yikes.png. Gm events are meant to be fun even though most of the people go to afk and get free items, but every server should get the same items no matter what.
    Due to the crash on Tarlach, they got an exclusive balloon that no other server has, if anything instead of causing so much trouble, for compensation they could of been given more balloons that WEREN'T Altam balloons. That way, they still get more balloons, but they aren't server exclusive!
    I for one know for a fact that since one server got crashing compensation, the next two servers waiting for the gm event are probs gunna crash since the people playing REALLY Really like Altam. And if that happens, the server that didn't get Altam balloons is going to be even more left out and the people on that server will keep complaining and complaining until this issue is resolved imo

Also, if the balloon giving was truly random, why did everyone get Phine balloons at the same time, and Caswyn balloons at the same time? It's obviously not random, thats a cop out to avoid the underlying problem here TBH. Honestly if this is causing such a fuss and gm's are threatening to have events and not give out items, then so be it! No one will go to them due to lag and lack of interest and then the gm's would stop having events. Everyone knows this, people only go to these things for the items, the people who go to actually have fun are blessed with computers that can actually run this mmo without a lick of lag.
    Blankeye[Deleted User]SanorosumintielCarlizeDaktaro
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited March 28, 2017
    They just want us to stop complaining and being ungrateful. It really makes their jobs unfulfilling. MohawkGuy stated they gave away items at random. Again at future GM events (and I really do hope they continue despite this unnecessary backlash) those items plus lots of other items could be delivered.

Nkeona doesn't know but that doesn't mean that they won't in the future. :|

Sigh...please calm down. Patience is a virtue and they do listen to us. Give it time and everyone will have a chance to own the desired items and more.
    Greta
    edited March 28, 2017

Look, an Ad Hominem attack. Now our arguments are worthless because we've been labeled as childish. :^(
    They just want us to stop complaining. MohawkGuy stated they gave away items at random. Again at future GM events (and I really do hope they continue despite this unnecessary backlash) those items plus lots of other items could be delivered.

Nkeona doesn't know but that doesn't mean that they won't in the future. :|

Sigh...please calm down. Patience is a virtue and they do listen to us. Give it time and everyone will have a chance to own the desired items and more.

"Patience is a virtue" What the hell is that kind of argument?
    Ok, then.
    Early bird gets the worm. GG. Tarlach wins because they go first.
This discussion has been closed.