Check out the patch notes for the September 10th update, Campfire Spirit: https://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/23685
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

9th Anniversary GM Event Day 1: Tarlach

Comments

  • mintielmintiel
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,960
    Posts: 177
    Member
    Hazurah wrote: »
    Really, the issue of server crash and other stuff makes me has a cold shoulder and sweat

    (My server is Alexina, most populated...)

    It's even worse that you know that people are going to probably try and crash the server now in order to obtain a balloon of a popular character, especially because it takes it out on others who may be playing on the channel and who are not generally interested in this. It's generally unfair to well... kind of everyone.
    Sanorosu
  • BlankeyeBlankeye
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,430
    Posts: 158
    Member
    It's not even just about the Altam balloon it's that Tarlach got all 3 and if this is TRULY randomized by server as you say and we're ONLY supposed to get 2 AS YOU SAY then here is the turn of events:

    Mari/Alexina gets Pihne and Caswyn Balloons, Altam fans get upset
    Mari/Alexina gets Pihne and Altam Balloons, Caswyn fans get upset
    Mari/Alexina gets Caswyn and Altam Balloons, Pihne fans get upset

    THERE IS NO WINNING FOR ANYONE WITH THIS LOGIC.
    mintielSenyuniSanorosuIyasenu
  • mintielmintiel
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,960
    Posts: 177
    Member
    RIP Talvish who got No Balloon
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 50,555
    Posts: 7,697
    Member
    edited March 28, 2017
    Spy wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »
    I am a parent and this is something kids do; "Well she got this and I didn't" -baps!- "Because...she was sick in bed and couldn't go to the birthday party. Don't be such a brat. Besides, you got a bunch of cool stuff last week and she didn't." "But but...!" -baps!- "knock it off and see the bigger picture".

    When I view these forums, sometimes it pisses me off. Because a lot of you remind me of my kids. My kids can make me feel pretty helpless at times despite everything I do for them. Being fair and loving at the same time is not always easy thing to do.
    Look, an Ad Hominem attack. Now our arguments are worthless because we've been labeled as childish. :^(
    Gaea wrote: »
    They just want us to stop complaining. MohawkGuy stated they gave away items at random. Again at future GM events (and I really do hope they continue despite this unnecessary backlash) those items plus lots of other items could be delivered.

    Nkeona doesn't know but that doesn't mean that they won't in the future. :|

    Sigh...please calm down. Patience is a virtue and they do listen to us. Give it time and everyone will have a chance to own the desired items and more.

    "Patience is a virtue" What the hell is that kind of argument?
    Ok, then.
    Early bird gets the worm. GG. Tarlach wins because they go first.

    No that was not entirely my intention, but you guys are being quite a bit petty. Why can't you guys be patient and see what kind of stuff they will offer us later on? Just because one server got this and another server got that doesn't mean YOU won't in the FUTURE.

    Definitely implying something there.
  • mintielmintiel
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,960
    Posts: 177
    Member
    Gaea wrote: »

    No that was not entirely my intention, but you guys are being quite a bit petty. Why can't you guys be patient and see what kind of stuff they will offer us later on? Just because one server got this and another server got that doesn't mean YOU won't in the FUTURE.

    Definitely implying something there.

    I dunno about that, we waited around for a Christmas and New Years event, never got that, along with plenty of other stuff. I think people tired of being patient with Nexon NA because clearly, it hasn't gotten us anywhere outside of "here's a new cashgrab."
    SenyuniSanorosuSphyra21
  • HCLWHCLW
    Mabinogi Rep: 640
    Posts: 40
    Member
    mintiel wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »

    No that was not entirely my intention, but you guys are being quite a bit petty. Why can't you guys be patient and see what kind of stuff they will offer us later on? Just because one server got this and another server got that doesn't mean YOU won't in the FUTURE.

    Definitely implying something there.

    I dunno about that, we waited around for a Christmas and New Years event, never got that, along with plenty of other stuff. I think people tired of being patient with Nexon NA because clearly, it hasn't gotten us anywhere outside of "here's a new cashgrab."

    Gaea so optimistic
    Sanorosu
  • mintielmintiel
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,960
    Posts: 177
    Member
    HCLW wrote: »
    mintiel wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »

    No that was not entirely my intention, but you guys are being quite a bit petty. Why can't you guys be patient and see what kind of stuff they will offer us later on? Just because one server got this and another server got that doesn't mean YOU won't in the FUTURE.

    Definitely implying something there.

    I dunno about that, we waited around for a Christmas and New Years event, never got that, along with plenty of other stuff. I think people tired of being patient with Nexon NA because clearly, it hasn't gotten us anywhere outside of "here's a new cashgrab."

    Gaea so optimistic
    I know right? I wish I was that optimistic to think that Nexon might have something waiting for us in the future that isn't a rehashed event.
    Sanorosu
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,045
    edited March 28, 2017
    mintiel wrote: »
    HCLW wrote: »
    mintiel wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »

    No that was not entirely my intention, but you guys are being quite a bit petty. Why can't you guys be patient and see what kind of stuff they will offer us later on? Just because one server got this and another server got that doesn't mean YOU won't in the FUTURE.

    Definitely implying something there.

    I dunno about that, we waited around for a Christmas and New Years event, never got that, along with plenty of other stuff. I think people tired of being patient with Nexon NA because clearly, it hasn't gotten us anywhere outside of "here's a new cashgrab."

    Gaea so optimistic
    I know right? I wish I was that optimistic to think that Nexon might have something waiting for us in the future that isn't a rehashed event.
    Whatever happened to mysterious reforging tools? lol.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 50,555
    Posts: 7,697
    Member
    edited March 28, 2017
    mintiel wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »

    No that was not entirely my intention, but you guys are being quite a bit petty. Why can't you guys be patient and see what kind of stuff they will offer us later on? Just because one server got this and another server got that doesn't mean YOU won't in the FUTURE.

    Definitely implying something there.

    I dunno about that, we waited around for a Christmas and New Years event, never got that, along with plenty of other stuff. I think people tired of being patient with Nexon NA because clearly, it hasn't gotten us anywhere outside of "here's a new cashgrab."

    So this is about gachas ultimately and other similar profit schemes by a business trying to keep this game running on this continent. I think this is more a personal grudge than anything, entitlement for nothing basically. Me and my guildies were impressed that they were actually hanging out with us and being as attentive as possible to our questions and comments. Especially Mew.

    But all that is thrown out the window because of...balloons...which can be easily made available again down the road.

    That is what pisses me off. Probably pisses them off too. They were just trying to have a good time with us.



    Done with this thread.
  • mintielmintiel
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,960
    Posts: 177
    Member
    Gaea wrote: »
    mintiel wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »

    No that was not entirely my intention, but you guys are being quite a bit petty. Why can't you guys be patient and see what kind of stuff they will offer us later on? Just because one server got this and another server got that doesn't mean YOU won't in the FUTURE.

    Definitely implying something there.

    I dunno about that, we waited around for a Christmas and New Years event, never got that, along with plenty of other stuff. I think people tired of being patient with Nexon NA because clearly, it hasn't gotten us anywhere outside of "here's a new cashgrab."

    So this is about gachas ultimately and other similar profit schemes. I think this is more a personal grudge than anything. I mean it's just a handful of you guys complaining. Me and my guildies were impressed that they were actually hanging out with us and being as attentive as possible to our questions and comments. Especially Mew.

    But all that is thrown out the window because of balloons...which can be easily made available again down the road.

    That is what pisses me off. Probably pisses them off too.

    I don't know how you ended up on this line of thought, but you're so far off point at this point that I don't think you're willing to see a view aside from your own as possibly having any weight, even though we've explained why people find it upsetting. Also "The three of you" Uhhh seems to me like there's more than 3 people upset that this happened and there's the possibility for more, considering how many Altam fans are actually in this game, but I mean if you wish to believe it's truly 3 then okay then. I mean there's only hordes of people who like Altam in this game.

    As for personal grudge, just what?
    No I'm sincerely asking what because I'm unclear on what you mean? Personal grudge against you? Against nexon? Against gach? Against what? How is being dissatisfied with the way Nexon has treated this game lately a "personal grudge"? You're basically saying that any criticism against the company is moot and pointless and some sort of grudge I'm guessing? I don't understand how it's a grudge to be dissatisfied with how a company pretty much neglects its game and community and resorts only to cashgrabs instead of trying to make some new content, when in any other game, people would be upset too? I'm not sure why you would actually defend that tbh... Like going months without actual content and everything being rehashes and the community slowly getting fed up and then coming back with responses like "OH THEY CAN JUST BRING THE ITEM BACK LATER" has me thinking like "...you do realize that with all this poor treatment of the game, more and more and more people are just going to start flat out leaving, right?" When enough people leave, there's not going to be anymore Mabinogi. I mean, this issue isn't the first "let down," it's been one of a consecutive many. Like, this entire anniversary has been honestly a mess, and the GM response of "YA GET WHAT YA GET STOP COMPLAINING" kinda going out publicly is kinda... It's not a very good representing image of Mabinogi as a whole. If I was a new player and I saw that? I'd leave. Hell, I'm honestly inactive right now because of the fact that it's been such a mess that I'd rather just give my money to another company, and there's nothing promising in sight, and a lot of other players have felt that way as well...

    For the comment a bout "we were surprised that they even hung out with us and spoke" or whatever, you realize that in... just about any other non Nexon game, that communication with GMs and CMs and Devs is... well... at least existent? They're supposed to be communicating with us, that's their job. I don't understand why you'd defend a really shoddy attempt and then go "WELL I CAN SEE WHY THEY'RE FED UP WITH THE COMMUNITY" like as if they're innocent in this, and haven't caused issues due to lack of communication (EXAMPLE: THE WHOLE SOLUNA BLADE INCIDENT). Communication in nexon's games is so bad, they literally crawl out for an event, make a forum post or 2 and that's about it. You don't see this kinda stuff happening at Blizzard and Square Enix that's for sure. Honestly, why defend it? At least the CMs should be participating in the communities that they're managing instead of hiding under a rock and allowing GMs to cause misunderstandings.
    Sanorosu
  • HCLWHCLW
    Mabinogi Rep: 640
    Posts: 40
    Member
    edited March 28, 2017
    im still w8ting for all this good sutff

    • 10M check

    • Housing gold storage increase, allowing sale of items that cost over 5M

    • Auction House

    • Beginner benefit extended to all players above 1K (all skill reset which costs gold, bonus milestone AP)

    • Ninja buff

    • Potential System (http://bit.ly/2m8dvxo)

    • AP Training (works like combination of seal and Brionac in the sense that AP training will increase EXP independent of skill training requirement counter and that you must have certain amount of EXP already in order to use AP training)

    • Training Buff from leveling (training points modified like exp reforge. higher level grants you higher modifier. max out at 2x)

    Hard to be optimistic when we lagging behind other servers and that gap just keeps increasing
    mintielIyasenuSanorosuCrimsọnDaktaro
  • mintielmintiel
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,960
    Posts: 177
    Member
    It's okay I'm still waiting for Memento and G21 to come out if ever but I mean hey if we wanna defend Nexon NA on rehashing stuff for like what, months now, and not really doing anything aside giving us new gaches then we always have Gaea I guess. She'll explain why we're brats for wanting the Smart Content System or whatever its called that came out what, a few years ago, that NA still hasn't implemented, and we should be honored that the GMs & CMs would even want to talk to us and answer our questions.
    Sanorosu
  • HCLWHCLW
    Mabinogi Rep: 640
    Posts: 40
    Member
    mintiel wrote: »
    It's okay I'm still waiting for Memento and G21 to come out if ever but I mean hey if we wanna defend Nexon NA on rehashing stuff for like what, months now, and not really doing anything aside giving us new gaches then we always have Gaea I guess. She'll explain why we're brats for wanting the Smart Content System or whatever its called that came out what, a few years ago, that NA still hasn't implemented, and we should be honored that the GMs & CMs would even want to talk to us and answer our questions.

    that is new content to come , the issue here is that the updates for few of the things i mentioned before already have passed and still nothing

    Sanorosu
  • mintielmintiel
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,960
    Posts: 177
    Member
    Huh I thought we passed the point where Memento should be out already. Either way, I do agree that the gap between NA and the others is ridiculous at this point :V

    Tho who knows if we'll even get a G21.
  • HCLWHCLW
    Mabinogi Rep: 640
    Posts: 40
    Member
    even gacha content gets modified the recent wing gacha , was exited because a pair of wings i was looking forward to would have come out for us , but when the gacha was here the wings not found

    i72wy1.png
    mintiel
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,440
    Posts: 1,701
    Member
    HCLW wrote: »
    even gacha content gets modified the recent wing gacha , was exited because a pair of wings i was looking forward to would have come out for us , but when the gacha was here the wings not found
    i72wy1.png

    Yeah, honestly passing until we see that tea set and those wings. There's also the moonlight and sunlight wings that we never got. It seriously feels like the 3 month gap between KR launch and NA localization is getting far too old.
    mintielHCLWSenyuni
  • HCLWHCLW
    Mabinogi Rep: 640
    Posts: 40
    Member
    HCLW wrote: »
    even gacha content gets modified the recent wing gacha , was exited because a pair of wings i was looking forward to would have come out for us , but when the gacha was here the wings not found
    i72wy1.png

    Yeah, honestly passing until we see that tea set and those wings. There's also the moonlight and sunlight wings that we never got. It seriously feels like the 3 month gap between KR launch and NA localization is getting far too old.

    exactly this makes the me that believes in Gaea that believes in nexon NA stop believing
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,360
    Posts: 438
    Member
    mintiel wrote: »
    Hazurah wrote: »
    Really, the issue of server crash and other stuff makes me has a cold shoulder and sweat

    (My server is Alexina, most populated...)

    It's even worse that you know that people are going to probably try and crash the server now in order to obtain a balloon of a popular character, especially because it takes it out on others who may be playing on the channel and who are not generally interested in this. It's generally unfair to well... kind of everyone.

    Shudders
    there is dark humor in it
  • YokkaichiYokkaichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,935
    Posts: 322
    Member
    Now this comment thread has gotten out of hand. People are getting so bent out of shape over a virtual item, lol. No wonder Nexon doesn't listen to us. IT'S BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE NEVER SATISFIED REGARDLESS OF WHAT THEY DO.

    Look, leave the GM's alone, they gave their reasoning and you all need to get over it. Also, Gaea and I have said the same thing: you never know when the balloons will be re-released, so be patient and quit being so whiny.
    CrimsọnGreta
  • mintielmintiel
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,960
    Posts: 177
    Member
    edited March 29, 2017
    Ah yes my favorite gm reasoning:
    Rw9Fczk.png
    Such an elegant and professional response to an innocent question.
    Crimsọn
This discussion has been closed.