Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Saving Appearance

SherriSherri
Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
edited December 20, 2016 in Feedback and Suggestions
Now, I know this likely will be denied, but hear me out first.
I was thinking about this for a while.
Considering how many coupons for hair/eyes/mouths there are, especially.

I suggest that we should add the option to 'Save Styles/Appearances'.
Hair/eyes/etc. and their colours can be saved by selecting 'Save'.
During Rebirth (Or outside of RB), we can save and load a saved appearance.
I am sure this would make lots of people happy, considering that some like to rebirth between genders.
Especially for those who have coupon hair styles.
It's a load of buttcicles that we have to go through the pain of trying to get that hair coupon back.

It is up to Nexon and DevCat on the details, Such as;
1. How many saved Appearances we may have. (Ex; 1 for each gender, 1 save in general..)
2. If it will be free or not. (Free or just purchased using Gold, NX, Pon..)
3. If it is available only/outside of Rebirthing.
4. How it will be used in general. (How many times we may 'Save an Appearance' in X amount of time.)
(Just.. pleaaasee don't give us a limit on loading a saved appearance. That would suck. A lot. :'( )

Thank you for reading, hopefully at least some will support or like the idea.

Oh, right! Also;

IGN: Mizuli
Server: Mari
AyuDarkpixie99CupidsIyasenuSeikoMilkypockySaihyouRerisuKttyLeineiand 1 other.
  1. Is 'Saving Appearances' a good idea?36 votes
    1. Yay!; (( \(>u
       97% (35 votes)
    2. Nay! /(>O
       0% (0 votes)
    3. Maybe. oVo"
       3% (1 vote)

Comments

• BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    I think this is an amazing idea.
    Sherri
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    We've brought this up on the old forums a lot, and I even brought it up alongside the beauty coupons. However, Nexon lacks innovation and communication to even make this possible. It's been an issue ignored for a year, maybe more. I haven't checked the old forums through the years, but as a veteran player I know that 100% of our suggestions never make it to the NA team, let alone the KR devs.
    SherriAlukina
  • SherriSherri
    Darkpixie99

We've brought this up on the old forums a lot, and I even brought it up alongside the beauty coupons. However, Nexon lacks innovation and communication to even make this possible. It's been an issue ignored for a year, maybe more. I haven't checked the old forums through the years, but as a veteran player I know that 100% of our suggestions never make it to the NA team, let alone the KR devs.
    True, but I still might as well try by making this. Who knows, maybe lots of people will like it too and try to get it out.
    I want to at least try.

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    MapleStory has something sorta like this.

I'm all for having Mabi have a system like this.
    SherriRerisuKtty
  • MiDZMiDZ
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,555
    edited December 20, 2016
    I agreed. It makes me sad that I can never change my character's hair unless I want to pay for my old hairstyle all over again. This would at least give me the option of trying a new style for a bit.

+1
    SherriKtty
  • SeikoSeiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,620
    @AlisiaAnnieSparkle I love this idea, especially considering if I were to use another hair coupon I'd lose my dowra hair until I found a seller, which doesn't necessarily make nexon any money until beauty coupons go on sale again. This is especially true for the more rare coupons like the Long Wave Ponytail, which I would never find another coupon for unless Nexon decides to release a gachapon with them more common this time around.

Even if this appearance save were an item or something we had to buy with NX cash (therefor giving Nexon a reason to integrate a feature like this although everyone would prefer if it weren't a NX item), I'd rather the option be there than not have any option at all. The freedom to switch between the hairstyles I've had or used without looking for a coupon everytime I want to switch would be an amazing feature even if it requires pon to change back and forth.
    SherriMetalChaosKtty
  • MilkypockyMilkypocky
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,410
    i know this is just wishful thinking, but i'd love for this idea to become a reality
    it'd be especially useful for those who bought the hairstyle coupons (like myself) who want to try a different hairstyle but don't want to lose their current one
    i wouldn't even mind very much if we had to pay NX for it, i still think it'd be worth it for both Nexon and us players
    SherriKtty
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Milkypocky

i know this is just wishful thinking, but i'd love for this idea to become a reality
    it'd be especially useful for those who bought the hairstyle coupons (like myself) who want to try a different hairstyle but don't want to lose their current one
    i wouldn't even mind very much if we had to pay NX for it, i still think it'd be worth it for both Nexon and us players
    Yep, this is why we have Pons in the first place. They're cheap, convenient, and make rebirthing quick and simple. There's no need to fear losing something if it's saved to a new UI you can use anytime. Beauty Coupons put a hault to the rebirth system, an exclusive feature to Mabinogi that you can't find anywhere else. New players would be discouraged by Beauty Coupons and just quit after deciding starting a new alt would be too difficult or long just to keep a face they want.
  • SherriSherri
    Thank you everyone for the support! Hopefully this will get some attentions. Q-Q
    /nexon senpai notice me pl0xx
    Again, thank you so much guise, I'm glad that you all think it's a good idea too.
  • ZincathonZincathon
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,310
    Tera has it, why not Mabi :^)?
    SherriSephanleKtty
  • SherriSherri
    edited December 22, 2016
    Zincathon ~ "Tera has it, why not Mabi :^)?"

Aye and so does Maple.
    Well, I can kind of understand why Maple needs it, since their hair styles are chosen at random in the coupons half the time.
    But why not us? At least one save per gender would be enough for me.
    I'd like to be a guy too. Nothing wrong with that.
    I got some pretty good male wigs too. OwO

/totally not scared of this thread being buried what are u thinking lel
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    I would definitely like to see this in the game!!!! I would spend the money just to collect all of the styles knowing that I could have them forever to use if/when I chose afterwards without needing to spend more.
    Sherri
  • KttyKtty
    Darkpixie99

... but as a veteran player I know that 100% of our suggestions never make it to the NA team, let alone the KR devs.
    I seriously doubt that and doubt even more that you somehow have a way of knowing that as a fact.
    Ayu
  • SherriSherri
    Bumpy bumpy bump~
    If anybody has some ideas to add, don't be afraid to leave a comment~

@Ktty
    Thank yew <3
    I miss the days of RB into different genders with no consequences
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    @Ktty I know that Nexon never listens for a fact, simply because there has been no improvement to the housing system or even an attempt at adding housing to homesteads for the past few years. Players make points, share ideas, and the only thanks we see are more gachapons and 'sales' without any official word or concept art from the KR Devs on any matter. We don't even see official NA team members commenting or asking us for ways to improve our ideas so that it can work the way they need it to. Maplestory has had the save face feature for the longest time, yet Nexon never went, "Hey, this is a great Idea! We might be able to use this in our other games!"
  • KttyKtty
    @DarkPixie99 it sounds to me (though I can be mistaken) that you're under the mistaken perception that NA gets to choose what's added/changed in the game. NA can only forward popular ideas to the developers (DevCat) who have the final say in what is done to/with the game. But if you go back to the old forums and look through all the suggestions made by players you will find that there are suggestions that were implemented. So because the developers haven't implemented the specific ideas that you wish to see, doesn't mean that NA doesn't listen to us (the players).
    Crimsọn
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Darkpixie99

===
    They make it to the NA team they just don't make to KR or devcat.

• Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited December 27, 2016
    No, what I'm saying is that KR doesn't understand the current situation of how their Cash Shop model doesn't work here in NA, or how little the remaining fanbase is in NA compared to the fans that brought the store they have in KR. The Save Face feature is just one of many things they need to add, and if they don't show up in livestreams with GMs or tell us the KR community stance on the matter, then these updates can't ever happen. As we all say, Nexon NA just copies and pastes from the KR server, so if KR doesn't have something then we won't be getting it. That's the kind of logic I have as a veteran player who sees many great ideas on the forums, yet no progress year after year.

"There is no innovation without communication"
  • Rowan2112Rowan2112
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,115
    Holy Crap this is an AMAZING idea!! I once Rebirthed and accidently changed a hair I had bought with Pon that I couldn't get it back. I knooow I'm not the first to do this, and I am not going to be the last. If I could, I would upvote this a million times
    Sherri