Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Great Era of Commerce Part 2 Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/75598/great-era-of-commerce-part-2-patch-notes-july-28th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

Sadness ;; (Can a mod close this please)

KryoKryo
Mabinogi Rep: 2,470
Posts: 298
Member
edited April 10, 2017 in General Chat
9rtv8p.jpg
This makes me sad because I'm looking for these dyes and someone just DROPPED THEM LIKE GARBAGE
:'(

I wish dropped dyes could be picked up after a certain amount of time.

Comments

  • RukiyaRukiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 850
    Posts: 34
    Member
    Dx I always feel that way when I see things like this! :s I try a bit relentlessly to pick it up before killing the nearest thing closest to me.
    Kryo
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,290
    Posts: 2,792
    Member
    What a waste.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 64,210
    Posts: 8,868
    Member
    I feel like doing the same to be honest. I feel like the colors I get from the current gacha won't sell. They take up too much space too. Very tempting to just drop them.
  • FroglordFroglord
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,920
    Posts: 337
    Member
    You know you can synth them.. And there's a 1 in 100 chance to get a black or white dye.
    Greta[Deleted User]FaithrendSutaru
  • HinotamaHinotama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,420
    Posts: 290
    Member
    I drop dyes often at belvast bank and then when I see people come up and ask me if they could have them, I either say yes or no. Most of the time it is no. If I drop them, then they stay dropped.
  • SplatulatedSplatulated
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,930
    Posts: 693
    Member
    Hinotama wrote: »
    I drop dyes often at belvast bank and then when I see people come up and ask me if they could have them, I either say yes or no. Most of the time it is no. If I drop them, then they stay dropped.

    :c but if is right there an can pick dem up
  • KryoKryo
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,470
    Posts: 298
    Member
    Froglord wrote: »
    You know you can synth them.. And there's a 1 in 100 chance to get a black or white dye.

    I have never seen this shade of pink synthed before. I think they're from this gacha. I synth dyes almost every day.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,765
    Posts: 6,975
    Member
    Hinotama wrote: »
    I drop dyes often at belvast bank and then when I see people come up and ask me if they could have them, I either say yes or no. Most of the time it is no. If I drop them, then they stay dropped.

    So rude and greedy. I always give out stuff i don't need if player asks politely...
    SylviaWolfeBerrySwirlNilrem
  • YokotiYokoti
    Mabinogi Rep: 960
    Posts: 37
    Member
    I always try to pick up awesome stuff like that, I always wanted that dye too! But it always says "This does not belong to you." :'( :(
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    Posts: 887
    Member
    Did you know wings are like this too? If someone drops their wings they can't be picked up either. Things that are tradable in a trade box should be able to be picked up off the ground. It doesn't make sense why things like this can't! The rudest thing I've ever seen is people drop expensive stuff like this and pick it back up teasing other players. Sometimes I wish I could dunk their expensive 100m wings in some hot sauce and turn it into buffalo chicken dip and eat it all infront of them and see how they feel about it, because that's EXACTLY how it feels when people drop expensive stuff without any care for other player's wants. To me it's even a little worse with dyes because who doesn't like dyes?! D:
  • HinotamaHinotama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,420
    Posts: 290
    Member
    I've dropped expensive items, but they were the ones that are drop tradable. Honestly, I don't understand why any of you are bothered by someone dropping items like that. Do you lose something when someone else drops an item?
    badnewsbarrett
  • AmelinaAmelina
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,400
    Posts: 112
    Member
    It's not about losing anything, its about the fact that people are rude enough to drop something when someone has been looking for it instead of giving it to that person.
    You don't lose anything by giving the item to the person either so why do you get bothered if someone asks?
    This might seem like an attack towards you Hinotama but I seriously hope I don't run into someone like you, because that is just rude and uncalled for.
    BerrySwirlGreta
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 64,210
    Posts: 8,868
    Member
    Greta wrote: »
    Hinotama wrote: »
    I drop dyes often at belvast bank and then when I see people come up and ask me if they could have them, I either say yes or no. Most of the time it is no. If I drop them, then they stay dropped.

    So rude and greedy. I always give out stuff i don't need if player asks politely...

    Same here, if there's been something I haven't been able to sell even after slashing the prices repeatedly I usually find some random newb and give it away.
    FaithrendGreta
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    Posts: 887
    Member
    Hinotama wrote: »
    I've dropped expensive items, but they were the ones that are drop tradable. Honestly, I don't understand why any of you are bothered by someone dropping items like that. Do you lose something when someone else drops an item?

    It bothers me a bit because it's an insult to someone else who could have really wanted said dropped item.
    It almost bothers me as much as people on youtube cutting up expensive phones with a 1000 degree knife. :*
    GretaHumiliating
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 64,210
    Posts: 8,868
    Member
    Xiokun wrote: »
    Hinotama wrote: »
    I've dropped expensive items, but they were the ones that are drop tradable. Honestly, I don't understand why any of you are bothered by someone dropping items like that. Do you lose something when someone else drops an item?

    It bothers me a bit because it's an insult to someone else who could have really wanted said dropped item.
    It almost bothers me as much as people on youtube cutting up expensive phones with a 1000 degree knife. :*



    evil-laughter-anime-i9.gif

    XiokunYokoti[Deleted User]
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    Posts: 887
    Member
    Gaea wrote: »
    Xiokun wrote: »
    Hinotama wrote: »
    I've dropped expensive items, but they were the ones that are drop tradable. Honestly, I don't understand why any of you are bothered by someone dropping items like that. Do you lose something when someone else drops an item?

    It bothers me a bit because it's an insult to someone else who could have really wanted said dropped item.
    It almost bothers me as much as people on youtube cutting up expensive phones with a 1000 degree knife. :*



    evil-laughter-anime-i9.gif

    You heartless little peanut shell, that was a brand new phone!! Q_Q
    Yokoti
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,290
    Posts: 2,792
    Member
    edited April 10, 2017
    Amelina wrote: »
    It's not about losing anything, its about the fact that people are rude enough to drop something when someone has been looking for it instead of giving it to that person.
    You don't lose anything by giving the item to the person either so why do you get bothered if someone asks?
    This might seem like an attack towards you Hinotama but I seriously hope I don't run into someone like you, because that is just rude and uncalled for.

    Why are they obligated to receive their property, when they scarcely sold 10 similar dyes or other items? Trying to give away things takes time too. This is not even a jerk move, especially compared to clothing companies destroyed unsold clothing for it to not be seen on the homeless and poor in real life, versus a digital object like dyes which are sold by the liters.

    If anything, we should criticize Nexon for making drop items unable to be picked up by other players without a set time limit.
  • HinotamaHinotama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,420
    Posts: 290
    Member
    edited April 10, 2017
    I can at least say this. The way I am nice to the Mari server is by selling things so cheap that it's stupid. I DO drop things and as I can see, it triggered a lot of people, but I ALSO give things away. I've given rare items to random people a few times.

    Blissfulkill is right though. I do have the right to give or not give.
  • AmelinaAmelina
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,400
    Posts: 112
    Member
    I'm not saying you don't but if they're like desperate for it and ask you again after you say no it can't hurt to just give it to them....and time? Really? Like what AT MOST 30 seconds if you lag. I'm more than certain there have been times every single Mabinogi player EVEN THE GM'S PROBABLY have stood around doing absolutely nothing for more than 30 minutes. You're telling me it's hard to sacrifice like 10 seconds to give something to someone in need?

    I realize you have the right to but if they truly want it it's rather painful to them to have the chance right there yet be denied.

    PS: I also realize we should blame Nexon for this but if they DON'T change it we ourselves can by just "wasting" 5 seconds of our lives for someone. I mean you wasted who knows how much time replying to me, so what's the difference on the time you'd be spending to give them the item. I'm not even talking about just dyes, as mentioned by others there are other items that have this issue, dyes are just the one item that have this problem the most.
  • HinotamaHinotama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,420
    Posts: 290
    Member
    edited April 10, 2017
    Amelina wrote: »
    I'm not saying you don't but if they're like desperate for it and ask you again after you say no it can't hurt to just give it to them....and time? Really? Like what AT MOST 30 seconds if you lag. I'm more than certain there have been times every single Mabinogi player EVEN THE GM'S PROBABLY have stood around doing absolutely nothing for more than 30 minutes. You're telling me it's hard to sacrifice like 10 seconds to give something to someone in need?

    I realize you have the right to but if they truly want it it's rather painful to them to have the chance right there yet be denied.

    PS: I also realize we should blame Nexon for this but if they DON'T change it we ourselves can by just "wasting" 5 seconds of our lives for someone. I mean you wasted who knows how much time replying to me, so what's the difference on the time you'd be spending to give them the item. I'm not even talking about just dyes, as mentioned by others there are other items that have this issue, dyes are just the one item that have this problem the most.

    Ok... I'll say this. Dyes are not a need. I'd rather give someone equipment and enchants, something that is MORE USEFUL than a dye. I like helping out those that wamt that stuff. Sure I'll give dyes, but I hate beggars. Everyone that asks me for the dyes I drop, I am sure that they are able to buy them.
This discussion has been closed.