Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Renovation Season 3 Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/74541/renovation-season-3-patch-notes-may-26th-2022
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

So.. When are the reforge bot shops going to die?

Comments

  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 64,185
    Posts: 8,862
    Member
    edited April 17, 2017
    Froglord wrote: »
    This is so obviously shady though.

    Do you expect someone to go onto 6 ~ 15 accounts at once, spend cash on thousands of reforges each month and sell them at that price?

    There is some real world trading going on behind the scenes, someone's buying nx online either by steam or online retailer and they're pumping money they've gotten though selling gold into buying nx for reforges to sell those reforges, to sell the gold for irl $$$ to other shady players, to use that money to complete the cycle all over again.

    This is a serious thing that needs to be addressed.

    I'm going to shut this down and call FUD.

    Yep went there.

    No one is profiting that much even if they are going that route. More than likely it is for personal progress of their own character accelerated. All perfectly legal folks, especially when it supports Nexon. I am not going to say pay to win, because I pay to support.



    There is a limit on how much you can charge via steam and the website. There is a way higher limit on pcgamersupply...and lets not forget the old fashion karma koin cards at the stores.

    Just let the players with the cash do what they want.
    ArchdukeValeCortez
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    Posts: 887
    Member
    Florist wrote: »

    That's all.. have a fox. ♥
    4844.png

    Thanks for the fox, @Florist. *pet pet*
    Florist
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,755
    Posts: 6,972
    Member
    Xiokun wrote: »
    Florist wrote: »

    That's all.. have a fox. ♥
    4844.png

    Thanks for the fox, @Florist. *pet pet*

    Can't... stop... staring at this fox... HELP! *Stares for next 15 minutes*
  • FloristFlorist
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,535
    Posts: 89
    Member
    Greta wrote: »
    Xiokun wrote: »
    Florist wrote: »

    That's all.. have a fox. ♥
    4844.png

    Thanks for the fox, @Florist. *pet pet*

    Can't... stop... staring at this fox... HELP! *Stares for next 15 minutes*

    You are all very welcome. ♥
  • AlmostNotsuperAlmostNotsuper
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,240
    Posts: 288
    Member
    Gaea wrote: »
    Froglord wrote: »
    This is so obviously shady though.

    Do you expect someone to go onto 6 ~ 15 accounts at once, spend cash on thousands of reforges each month and sell them at that price?

    There is some real world trading going on behind the scenes, someone's buying nx online either by steam or online retailer and they're pumping money they've gotten though selling gold into buying nx for reforges to sell those reforges, to sell the gold for irl $$$ to other shady players, to use that money to complete the cycle all over again.

    This is a serious thing that needs to be addressed.

    I'm going to shut this down and call FUD.

    Yep went there.

    No one is profiting that much even if they are going that route. More than likely it is for personal progress of their own character accelerated. All perfectly legal folks, especially when it supports Nexon. I am not going to say pay to win, because I pay to support.

    How do you know? Do you even know how much these people sell gold or NX for? What about their expenses in acquiring it? What about the profits they're seeking to make?

    I'm not saying that I believe what Froglord said is the case, but you've given me no reason to believe you either, and yet it seems as if you're trying to say "Don't even consider what this guy said it's just not true because I say so". If Froglord is spreading FUD, you're spreading FSS (False Sense of Security).

    Also, unless you buy NX and then just give it away to random players (or throw it away), you are paying to win. Not saying that you don't intend to support Nexon with your moneys, or that you can't do both; but no matter what your intentions are, this is the result of what you're doing.
    There is a limit on how much you can charge via steam and the website. There is a way higher limit on pcgamersupply...and lets not forget the old fashion karma koin cards at the stores.

    Just let the players with the cash do what they want.

    When I read this, taking into account the other stuff you've said in this thread, I hear "Hey I like cheaper reforges just leave 'em aloneitsnobigdealeveniftheyareuptonogood"

    Not that it matters what we say here, Nexon seems to agree with you already.

    (I still believe it's Nexon doing this by the way)
    BuffalosGreta
  • AnnalaAnnala
    Mabinogi Rep: 210
    Posts: 2
    Member
    edited April 17, 2017
    Look at the gold price now, People can't making any profit by doing this...
    What i heard about that they keep making alt for some kind of glitches which you can get certain free nx by making new accounts.
    So, they sell nx item for gold and REAL money, which you can always find these kind of posts on facebook , certain people always sell 35 reforges for 35$ OR any kinds of items from cash shop for lower price.
    There is no such stupid people in the world keep trading 40$ for 35$ or even much lower.....
    I've submitted few tickets since few years ago, guess nexon never care about it. Nexon can simply check how these ppl get the nx and fix it, and these people just stand in game or you can look up for them on facebook.
    yea nexon, they made more money than you, and they keep stealing money from your pocket every years. enjoy
    Crimsọn
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 64,185
    Posts: 8,862
    Member
    edited April 17, 2017
    Gaea wrote: »
    Froglord wrote: »
    This is so obviously shady though.

    Do you expect someone to go onto 6 ~ 15 accounts at once, spend cash on thousands of reforges each month and sell them at that price?

    There is some real world trading going on behind the scenes, someone's buying nx online either by steam or online retailer and they're pumping money they've gotten though selling gold into buying nx for reforges to sell those reforges, to sell the gold for irl $$$ to other shady players, to use that money to complete the cycle all over again.

    This is a serious thing that needs to be addressed.

    I'm going to shut this down and call FUD.

    Yep went there.

    No one is profiting that much even if they are going that route. More than likely it is for personal progress of their own character accelerated. All perfectly legal folks, especially when it supports Nexon. I am not going to say pay to win, because I pay to support.

    How do you know? Do you even know how much these people sell gold or NX for? What about their expenses in acquiring it? What about the profits they're seeking to make?

    I'm not saying that I believe what Froglord said is the case, but you've given me no reason to believe you either, and yet it seems as if you're trying to say "Don't even consider what this guy said it's just not true because I say so". If Froglord is spreading FUD, you're spreading FSS (False Sense of Security).

    Also, unless you buy NX and then just give it away to random players (or throw it away), you are paying to win. Not saying that you don't intend to support Nexon with your moneys, or that you can't do both; but no matter what your intentions are, this is the result of what you're doing.
    There is a limit on how much you can charge via steam and the website. There is a way higher limit on pcgamersupply...and lets not forget the old fashion karma koin cards at the stores.

    Just let the players with the cash do what they want.

    When I read this, taking into account the other stuff you've said in this thread, I hear "Hey I like cheaper reforges just leave 'em aloneitsnobigdealeveniftheyareuptonogood"

    Not that it matters what we say here, Nexon seems to agree with you already.

    (I still believe it's Nexon doing this by the way)

    Basically...yes. I'm a pretty blunt and truthful person. -shrugs-

    But I also have that suspicion that there is someone in the NA staff artificially inflating numbers. However if that is true...this game is REALLY in trouble. So lets hope that's not true. Ok?

    Plus it's not true. It is just not profitable. End of story.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,290
    Posts: 2,789
    Member
    I am not sure why they cannot buy a kiosk in all honesty. Kiosks you have to buy one time for infinite uses, and is more feasible when selling many items priced under 1 million gold, such as reforges. If they bought it, more power to them.

    I do not considering duplication of virtual cash shop items to be on the same tier as game pirating, it is much worst. There does not appear to be evidence regarding this either way.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Posts: 797
    Member
    Gaea wrote: »
    But I also have that suspicion that there is someone in the NA staff artificially inflating numbers. However if that is true...this game is REALLY in trouble. So lets hope that's not true. Ok?

    Ignorant me here, but exactly how would doing that profit Nexon in any way? All it'd accomplish is them dumping fresh Reforges into the market at no cash cost to the players. Sure, it'd make people interested in them more. But why would they go buy Nx when they could go pick up a few dozen tools with an hour's worth of shadow mission gold?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 64,185
    Posts: 8,862
    Member
    Buffalos wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »
    But I also have that suspicion that there is someone in the NA staff artificially inflating numbers. However if that is true...this game is REALLY in trouble. So lets hope that's not true. Ok?

    Ignorant me here, but exactly how would doing that profit Nexon in any way? All it'd accomplish is them dumping fresh Reforges into the market at no cash cost to the players. Sure, it'd make people interested in them more. But why would they go buy Nx when they could go pick up a few dozen tools with an hour's worth of shadow mission gold?

    I said it's not profitable. I was just making a little fun of the poster for that comment.

    61854016.jpg
    Blissfulkill
  • AnnalaAnnala
    Mabinogi Rep: 210
    Posts: 2
    Member
    edited April 17, 2017
    Buffalos wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »
    But I also have that suspicion that there is someone in the NA staff artificially inflating numbers. However if that is true...this game is REALLY in trouble. So lets hope that's not true. Ok?

    Ignorant me here, but exactly how would doing that profit Nexon in any way? All it'd accomplish is them dumping fresh Reforges into the market at no cash cost to the players. Sure, it'd make people interested in them more. But why would they go buy Nx when they could go pick up a few dozen tools with an hour's worth of shadow mission gold?

    i think you don't understand the situation, they sell ''EVERYTHING" from cash shop, they sell pets, they sell packages, they sell enchant protection, they sell everything from cash shop,"NOT" just reforges....
    Of course there is people sell reforges for gold, but these random name bots are exception, they make new accounts every single day and they just put on a random NAMES.
    please look at the gold market, if you sell in that low price, you can't make any profit from it, basically you giving free money to everybody....
    why so braindead lol
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 64,185
    Posts: 8,862
    Member
    Annala wrote: »
    Buffalos wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »
    But I also have that suspicion that there is someone in the NA staff artificially inflating numbers. However if that is true...this game is REALLY in trouble. So lets hope that's not true. Ok?

    Ignorant me here, but exactly how would doing that profit Nexon in any way? All it'd accomplish is them dumping fresh Reforges into the market at no cash cost to the players. Sure, it'd make people interested in them more. But why would they go buy Nx when they could go pick up a few dozen tools with an hour's worth of shadow mission gold?

    i think you don't understand the situation, they sell ''EVERYTHING" from cash shop, they sell pets, they sell packages, they sell enchant protection, they sell everything from cash shop,
    "NOT" just reforges....

    It doesn't matter what they sell...
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,290
    Posts: 2,789
    Member
    Maybe a Nexon employee is generating free cash shop items on demand for a direct deposit to his bank account at a lower price than the official webshop. They get cheaper goods to sell at lower prices to undercut the normal buyers, the employee gets a bigger slice of the pie.

    Or maybe the employee does not care about the game. Maybe a disgruntled former employee is generating items slowly to crash the economy, but there is only one person who I can think of that was recently...

    OMG, THE PERPETRATOR IS SABINA!

    #SabinaGate #MabinogiDeservesTheTruth #Thisisalie #Sarcasm
    AlmostNotsuperdowieCrimsọnBuffalos
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,290
    Posts: 2,789
    Member
    Annala wrote: »
    Buffalos wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »
    But I also have that suspicion that there is someone in the NA staff artificially inflating numbers. However if that is true...this game is REALLY in trouble. So lets hope that's not true. Ok?

    Ignorant me here, but exactly how would doing that profit Nexon in any way? All it'd accomplish is them dumping fresh Reforges into the market at no cash cost to the players. Sure, it'd make people interested in them more. But why would they go buy Nx when they could go pick up a few dozen tools with an hour's worth of shadow mission gold?

    i think you don't understand the situation, they sell ''EVERYTHING" from cash shop, they sell pets, they sell packages, they sell enchant protection, they sell everything from cash shop,"NOT" just reforges....
    Of course there is people sell reforges for gold, but these random name bots are exception, they make new accounts every single day and they just put on a random NAMES.
    please look at the gold market, if you sell in that low price, you can't make any profit from it, basically you giving free money to everybody....
    why so braindead lol

    Gold to Cash has never been all that steady, nor is there a direct "You're losing money" scheme. The more accurate way is "You're not making as much as you could have".

    For some, it is the gold per second, and not the total haul.
    AlmostNotsuper
  • FroglordFroglord
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,920
    Posts: 337
    Member
    edited April 18, 2017
    If these "Players" are getting some sort of 35k nx boon somehow for doing absolutely nothing, maybe we should all investigate how they're doing it.

    That way everyone can get free nx by doing absolutely nothing except make free characters, buy reforges, buy gacha,.. You know something that'll definetly raise a big red flag to Nexon that says "We're getting 50$ of nx for free because of some loophole you made".

    I mean it's leeeegiiiit right, no one reeeeally cares.... right?
    tumblr_on1odtwttd1udfdpco8_500.png
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 64,185
    Posts: 8,862
    Member
    But HOW are they getting free Nx?

    Are we really going to keep going around in circles with this?
    [Deleted User]
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Posts: 797
    Member
    Annala wrote: »
    i think you don't understand the situation, they sell ''EVERYTHING" from cash shop, they sell pets, they sell packages, they sell enchant protection, they sell everything from cash shop,"NOT" just reforges....
    Of course there is people sell reforges for gold, but these random name bots are exception, they make new accounts every single day and they just put on a random NAMES.
    please look at the gold market, if you sell in that low price, you can't make any profit from it, basically you giving free money to everybody....
    why so braindead lol

    No I understand the issue fully and know they sell everything. I'm just asking why anyone would think Nexon would be doing this from their end aside for being a conspiracy troll.
    Gaea wrote: »
    But HOW are they getting free Nx?

    Are we really going to keep going around in circles with this?

    I'm fairly certain that if they were using a free Nx loophole it would have leaked out by now: this has been going on for like half a year.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,290
    Posts: 2,789
    Member
    We should turn this into a Mabi Novel.
  • SirRyuSirRyu
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,390
    Posts: 106
    Member
    This feels like someone wants to sell reforges for 700k+ and is angry the price is stuck at 300-400k.
    KrukiaArchdukeValeCortezCrimsọnBlissfulkillTheDumbOneXiokun
  • dowiedowie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,800
    Posts: 184
    Member
    When are teh commerce bots going to die? Watching teleporting elephants is pretty amazing though