Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

EDIT: Wish I could remove this post thing

TwistedxFateTwistedxFate
Mabinogi Rep: 1,690
edited April 28, 2017 in General Chat
^

Comments

• Sphyra21Sphyra21
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,555
    i like both ♥.

@TwisteTwistedxHeaven Ya might wanna attach a poll to this thread ^^
    TwistedxFate
  • AlmostNotsuperAlmostNotsuper
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,240
    Please, no more Doki Dookie.

I'd love to see Dragon Boat Racing re-appear though. I've actually never done it. Then again, it'll probably be crappy now.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Dragon Boat is not that much exciting, though 32 man squads on an entire raft are fun for socializing.
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    Personally I'd rather see Doki as long as we got some nice new prizes. I know people really want dragon boat racing too, I've never done it but I think my computer would lag too much for that event :(
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    Is it fine if I say neither? I want the cat marble event again with some more kitty items.
    NeroyMikuV3FweepTheNyanCatAeolys
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    Both events are nice and very fun. I loved the dragon boat racing when you could have 32 people in the boat. It was fun to talk and amusing to see, But I voted for Doki Doki Island. I simply adore how gorgeous the island looks, and The soulmate tab is one of my most adored features. I also like how you can get free pets without having to pay NX + The inventory for the pets are pretty decent.
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    I wouldn't mind either as long as the participation incentives are worthwhile and relevant.
    badnewsbarrett
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    I didn't join Mabi yet at the time the events were carried out, but I heard so much about Doki Doki Island that I want it to return so bad. I want to FLY.
  • NeroyNeroy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,640
    Xiokun wrote: »
    Is it fine if I say neither? I want the cat marble event again with some more kitty items.

Yeah Meowbinogi was awesome
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Ha! I was just saying the other day that I hadn't seen a Doki Doki thread in a while! XD
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    62440366.jpg
    badnewsbarrettAlof
  • FeliceFelice
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,790
    While Doki-Doki island was nice, and I'd love to see the lunar dragon armor brought back to the reward pools for it, I loved Dragon Boat racing more, especially the earlier once, which gave out lovely items like the Selina Lady Dress, which while I deeply regret doing it ages ago, sells for a whopping 64k at an NPC, among other high value magic clothing that sells for a pretty penny as well.

Plus I miss my Oreo Kite Shield...
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited April 23, 2017
    Where is the option for none of them? Doki Doki is overrated 80% afk event and other 20% of time wasted in camping for Silvervine Fruits, prizes are really nice, but after 1 month of that event i was really tired and the hype for that event died because of all this. Dragon Boat event was nice, but it got boring really fast, it sometimes make weird boat glitches and crazy lag spikes.
    Eureka12
  • HinotamaHinotama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,420
    Dragon Boat Racing Event. It's fun and it is an event that doesn't have a limit.
  • TsumukuTsumuku
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,610
    Dragon Boat racing would be my choice if it weren't for the fact that the previous times they have done this they cause position displacement on rafting afterwards. The first time they did this it took them quite a while to fix it (in retrospect not that long, and incredibly quick in Nexon's time frames). Rafting still experience displacement today that started from the last time they did this racing.
    Doki-Doki, while being an afk-fest does attract new players, and it would allow some of our newer players to get the actions like couples flight and bring in the cheaper wings. Not great for those merching those items right now, but may provide incentive to stay from some newer players.
    Just my two cents on that.
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    No more god forsaken Doki Doki Island. No more celebrating Valentines Day on days that are not Valentines day! The quests there are also boring as hell since they are all god forsaken fetch quests that ranges from afk-fishing, cooking fish from afk-fishing and gathering worthless fruit (twelve trees is only enough for two people before needing to wait an eternity for the fruit to regenerate and how many people are playing?). Unless they add something significant to the island like the stupid dungeon that's suppose to be on top of the island (the door is RIGHT THERE!), there should be no reason to reintroduce that shallow event (again! [again!]).
    GretaEureka12
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    @Aeolys One thing they need to do is decrease the number of fruit needed for those quests. -_-
    badnewsbarrett
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
    realistically dragon boat would never come back,.... so i have to go with doki-doki.
    once nexon lays out a new rug of content the old rug.... well its not thrown away, but imagine a bunch of rugs layers on top of each other like a lasagna. nexon just refuses to remove, or improve the rug so they just slap a new rug on top.

doki-doki just one of those top rugs, and right below that rug has cat prints
  • FoxgirlkatieFoxgirlkatie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,055
    edited April 23, 2017
    Please. No more AFK events like Doki doki island. which i nick name (leave your computer alone island). we need less AFK events and more Active events like Meowbinogi. Dragon boat racing, Any of my fellow G4-6 players remember the Iria treasure event where you scour iria via exploration looking for chests that give you nice rewards? what bout the treasure chest event where you kill enemies have a chance to get a ordinary or gold chest requiring a Key of that type to open which also drop from enemies? but the gold key is from nx?

to me Doki doki was one of the MOST boring events ever created as it was just a event for afking and fetching. you just go there afk and fetch a few things and thats it. the island was nice tbh the only thing related to the valentines day theme was the soul mate thing which lets be real can be done outside of Doki doki. no need for the island for the valentines soul mate thing.

they should bring in new events and old events that revitalize old content. like dungeons, commerce, exploration, rafting, ballooning, RENES (seriously who even goes there now besides G8 Finale?) another event Granted yes it was a Sheer Lag fest. but it was no denying it was fun as hell. Zombie Defense in muyu dessert. having to get the server together to protect a camp from 3 sides of varying zombie types was fun.

anyway point being. Mabi just needs to let AFK and x amount of times a day Events die and never be seen again and bring in old Activity events which you can do anytime and as many times as you want while its active. and bring in new events that bring light to old abandoned content.
    GretaEureka12
  • TsumukuTsumuku
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,610
    (seriously who even goes there now besides G8 Finale?)
    Who does G8 anymore? It's pretty much the dead generation.
This discussion has been closed.