Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Can't close Letter of Guarantee

ClovercodyClovercody
Mabinogi Rep: 690
in Help
Okay so....

My character has an "active" letter of guarantee. I recently acquired a few different ones and want to change it.
I looked up on the wonderful informative internet and found the following information:

You cannot use multiple letters together.
After speaking to the Goblin Trade Helper NPC, selecting the Close button in the Trading Interface will display a message box confirming if you would like to stop using the Letter.
You must select Okay in order to exit the Trading Interface.
Selecting Cancel will return you back to the Trading Interface.

except for me, it does not work.... I press the "close" button and it just simply closes the window.

so am I blind? is there something I am missing? am I stuck with the strange little square in my status effects that I can't even tell what it is?

any ideas or help is greatly appreciated!!!

Comments

• ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    Hi. Are you trying to use another letter just to over write (change) the active one? If so, they do not overwrite. You would need to complete a commerce run to use the active one before you can use another one.
    Clovercody
  • ClovercodyClovercody
    Mabinogi Rep: 690
    ohhhhhh okay, I have yet to do any kind of commerece run. I will try that :)

Thanks so much for the heads up!
  • NeroyNeroy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,640
    This is how letters basically work
    - You Start by using it before starting or during a commerce route
    - Using 1 will increase your net profits depending on what letter you used
    - When you reach the destination the letter will be used if you sell at least 1 good to another city for example :

1.You start off in bangor and buy some topaz to deliver to dunby.
    2.Along the way you decide to use a letter to increase your profits and when you make it to dunby, you see that the sell price has decreased(Common possibility) so you decide to not sell there(Don't worry as long as you don't sell at another post it won't waste the letter and it will still be safe to look at prices so you can find your best profit available.
    3. So you decided to sell at Tir along with the extra profit from the letter. You have completed a run while using a letter without wasting it or making a mistake(As soon as you sell 1 item at a location different from where you bought the goods, The letter is used and the window will prompt you if you want to close the Trade window thus using the letter completely)

*Friendly reminder to be wary of bandits along the way as depending on how much the goods are worth and how high Profits are in each town can tempt some stronger bandits to appear
    Clovercody