Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Is Buff Music broken..?

Fallout331Fallout331
Mabinogi Rep: 850
in General Chat
For some reason, Lullaby and March Song are no longer instant when used, there seems to be a 2-3 second use before the skill is actually used..
a few guild members are also saying BFO sometimes doesn't register and doesn't give the buff.. is anyone else having this issue?

Comments

• MediaKleptoMediaKlepto
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,865
    I'm having a lot of problems casting buffs as well. Half the time when I try to cast BFO, it just...Doesn't do anything for at least a few seconds, or sometimes at all. I spent a couple minutes in Barri for the stamp for the day testing, and I was literally incapable of casting Lullaby on a single aggro bat because I couldn't get the buff to cast in between getting spammed by just its normal attack.

In a game where reaction time is critical, this is crippling. I don't know if this is intended as some sort of "fix" that's broken what didn't need repairing or if it is in fact a bug, but either way, every bard I know right now is struggling. If this is a patch of some kind, that's just dandy because they've made bards all but useless during chaotic missions where latency alone or frameloss was enough to contend with.

Hopefully this just goes hand in hand with the music being broken (again) and it gets reverted.
    Volex53Fweep
  • AlmostNotsuperAlmostNotsuper
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,240
    Can confirm that Lullaby and Enduring melody definitely take longer to activate now (Enduring was instant before). It seems BFO is also a little slower, though this is less noticable.

I have no problem with this. Honestly slightly hopeful that it was an intended change. =3=

Not that it makes much of a difference either way.
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    Something def feels off with the buff skills..
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    Since I've played music buff soooo many times, I even know the timing when will buff be applied to character. Now it's acting kinda weird. Sometimes it works fine but sometimes it doesn't. And because of my habit, I'm keep canceling music buff even before I get xD;; they do need to look over this problem I guess.
  • PannyaPannya
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,710
    smells like nerf...
  • ZarricZarric
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,510
    Yep, can confirm that whatever happened here has effected the bards that do buffs on a daily basis. I'm used to the timings before the maintenance and have been for literally years. It's really screwing with my timing and I had to second guess myself quite a few times now if I was actually doing the buffs or not. I heard the music but no buff, then had to slow my timing down to actually get the buff off.

Please put it back to how it was, this current timing sucks so many pickles.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Wow, now we actually have to wait for the buffs to activate before we cancel the skill.

Wait, that sounds sarcastic, but I think this change really sucks.
    It used to be this way a while back and then it changed to what we had before the maint.

Why change it back to this?
    It's lame!
    ZarricBerryswirlFunzo24Fweep
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    I'm one of the best Bards in Alexina server and I have been using buffs on and off so yes, I do definitely see the difference in this... I don't really like the change and I do hope Nexon will revert it back. :(
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    edited May 17, 2017
    Having to wait 2-3 seconds for lullaby to activate is pretty bad. Especially when there are mobs that aggro the instant you get within range (Scathach Caverns Lord Mission looking at you)

Guess cloud pet spam will help..

Please fix this.. I don't care much about the other skills, but at least change lullaby back to the way it was.
    Yes I rely on Lullaby. I use it all the time, so flame me if you want.
  • OhohonigiriOhohonigiri
    Mabinogi Rep: 600
    Was this meant to be an intended change, or is this a bug brought in by the new update? Either way, it's really annoying not to have a buff come up half of the time (sometimes by habit, or by the skill not actually activating).
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    I'm pretty sure all they did was fix something that was a bug. The skills originally required you to wait until the buff was issued until you could cancel it.
    EllisyaAwwPicklesAlmostNotsuper
  • AwwPicklesAwwPickles
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,515
    Music buff is working as intended , It's the same casting time as Harvest Song which was the "Original".
  • Dcat682Dcat682
    Mabinogi Rep: 880
    It feels fine to me. Granted I'm new to the game and wouldn't have known if it was changed just before I joinned.
  • ChaosShadowChaosShadow
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,590
    Bug or not, how the skills worked before was far better. Lullaby's new activation time keeps throwing me off, and I'm playing less efficiently because of it... =/

If this really was supposed to be a bug fix, I kindly request that this action be taken back whilst the "bug" is labeled as a feature, because that's what it has become at this point. If it really needed to be fixed, it should've been fixed as soon as the "bug" first cropped up.
  • GrawardGraward
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,140
    No strong feelings about the change, just wish it was more transparent if it was intended.
    AlmostNotsuper
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    I never noticed! Where have I been? :S
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited May 18, 2017
    Yeah already been in the middle of this delay. Whats going on NA? :|

Is it time for new servers? I think so.

Keep this post up. There has been numerous issues in the last few months and it seems to be continually building up. Freaking FH lag - at times unresponsive, summoning and desummoning pet lag, missing field boss spawns, glitches up the tir na nog. Lets add to the list shall we?

I'm serious, lets compile here.
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    To be honest...I am really fine with how it used to be. I'm just bummed out this is happening after I already got used to the new timing. It'll take a while to get my bard reflexes to work appropriately again, efficient timing is not easy with high latency. The only problem I see in this being a thing again is that there will be a lot of new "high-difficulty" monsters completely immune to debuffing in general because they instant aggro and wreck your feces in a single hit.
  • AlmostNotsuperAlmostNotsuper
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,240
    Gaea wrote: »

Keep this post up. There has been numerous issues in the last few months and it seems to be continually building up. Freaking FH lag - at times unresponsive, summoning and desummoning pet lag, missing field boss spawns, glitches up the tir na nog. Lets add to the list shall we?

The music buff thing has nothing to do with lag. I've been training dual gun skills, so I'd notice if I was lagging. I'm pretty sure the buffs are working as intended. However, like Graward, I'd like confirmation.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited May 18, 2017
    Gaea wrote: »

The music buff thing has nothing to do with lag. I've been training dual gun skills, so I'd notice if I was lagging. I'm pretty sure the buffs are working as intended. However, like Graward, I'd like confirmation.

Well if we want confirmation you have to @Saygo, @Nkeona, or @Mewlynne. Hue.