Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

HS fee

hontoowarihontoowari
Mabinogi Rep: 1,165
edited May 18, 2017 in General Chat
So with these expansions we just got I was wonder if there was a cap to how many stones are taken from maintenance fees. Right now I'm up to 30 stones a week, and if I stepped out for just a month my HS would be in so much debt.

I'm wondering if ya'll agree that we need a cap or a way to get a few more HS ores in our HS.
  1. Should the maint fee be capped28 votes
    1. Yes, because I too am feeling the struggle.
       64% (18 votes)
    2. No, because I love the struggle. :p
       36% (10 votes)

Comments

• FalskullFalskull
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,385
    you could buy homestead mines for 100 pons each
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited May 18, 2017
    \You can get double hs stones by making friends with a butler/maid and having them harvest with you.
    Giving you 20 stones per day. Or you can buy another mine for 100 pon. Getting you 40 hs stone per day.
    Basically meaning you only have to mine hs stones for 4-5 days to cover a month of fees.

Theres also that like 1.5 dollar coupon that gives like 1k hs stones over the course of a month (which is the time you stated).
    Buying that would be like few month or even a year of fees.
    Dcat682
  • MaugreMaugre
    Mabinogi Rep: 785
    Falskull wrote: »
    you could buy homestead mines for 100 pons each

Yep, you sure could spend real money on it. You could also, however, not have money to spend, and instead try to get some fairness.
    badnewsbarrettGoldtiger01
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    Or you could uninstall the props that has a maintenance fee before you leave for a significant amount of time.
    ImaizumiGoldtiger01
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    it is weird indeed, to charge many props that dont do anything and not charging every other props from event and low lvl props

while anything that can be used like chair, animal, and production source is justified
  • DaktaroDaktaro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    edited May 18, 2017
    Hazurah wrote: »
    it is weird indeed, to charge many props that dont do anything and not charging every other props from event and low lvl props

while anything that can be used like chair, animal, and production source is justified

it's becuz they do things like "grants additional kons each day" or "slightly decrease the time to build decorations" etc. the kon ones are useless though when you have a maxed HS. you paying fees for no reason. would be nice if it became free when you're maxed... especially for the old flower pots and stuff like that.

edit: it also reinforces how dumb it is to have the homestead upgrade coupons in the cash shop. if they had made the new upgrades available via the in-game method instead it would actually make these props useful again for a little while at least.
    badnewsbarrettGoldtiger01
  • TwelieTwelie
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,840
    From the last bonanza event I gathered about 1000 hs stones through fishing. I went on hiatus and came back and they were all gone just because I have bamboo fences and stuff down. Come on. They're decorations. Stop that.
    Goldtiger01
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    Daktaro wrote: »
    Hazurah wrote: »

it's becuz they do things like "grants additional kons each day" or "slightly decrease the time to build decorations"

all the stuff that do things start from grass to ladeca dont charge anything
  • SutaruSutaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,715
    edited May 18, 2017
    So what is this maintenance fee anyway??? I just noticed mine says 2....
    Also, is there a way to tell which item in your homestead is causing this???? @-@ I haven't noticed it until recently and was going to post about it as well. And when does the fee get taken out of your HS stones? I have never noticed any taken.
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    edited May 18, 2017
    My maintenance fee is at 53 hs stones a week, don't know if there is a cap but I doubt there is (unless it's like 1k). I'm fine with the fee tbh.
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    Sutaru wrote: »
    Also, is there a way to tell which item in your homestead is causing this???? @-@ I haven't noticed it until recently and was going to post about it as well. And when does the fee get taken out of your HS stones? I have never noticed any taken.

Certain items you have to pay a maintenance fee for, either in HS stones or Pons. I believe there is a way to tell what props causes the fee but honestly I forget x.x And the fee gets taken once every week.
    Sutaru
  • SutaruSutaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,715

Certain items you have to pay a maintenance fee for, either in HS stones or Pons. I believe there is a way to tell what props causes the fee but honestly I forget x.x And the fee gets taken once every week.

Wow thats crazy. I barley have enough homestead stones to plant seeds to try and level up my homestead. I pretty much use all of them right away.
  • hontoowarihontoowari
    I don't really have money to buy pon nor do I have a partner. The last one costs too much, and it's a shame they can't be traded. I do have the mining permit, but I'm thinking more long term since this only lasts a month. By the time I have my hs all gussied up I'm going to have like a 60-80 fee. (I'm not sure if it keeps taking fees while the character is inactive, but if it does a lot of people could come back with a 1k debt. And that will keep them from ever touching their HS again. )

Certain things should have a fee such as the herb boosters, but some of those fees are crazy. I placed around 6 bamboo and my maint jumped by 6-8. The above idea about a maxed out HS seems to be pretty good, or we could have two sets of items where one is functional while the other is just decoration.

• GakkuriaquaGakkuriaqua
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,870
    The HS fees will only deduct if you log in. If you don't log in then the amount of HS stones you have stays the same and the deductions don't stack up.

unless they changed that feature with a recent update >_>...
  • hontoowarihontoowari
    The HS fees will only deduct if you log in. If you don't log in then the amount of HS stones you have stays the same and the deductions don't stack up.

unless they changed that feature with a recent update >_>...

Thank goodness. I was so worried about that, because I know of one game where the fee just keeps going.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    I have 10 maintenance fee. I have two mining stones, and befriended a butler so I get 40 per pick. Lucky Finishes giving me even more.

I just don't install useless stuff that leeches my stones.

I do not justify flatmates who flees from the rent.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    3rd option, "unaffected by this".
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    Wow thats crazy. I barley have enough homestead stones to plant seeds to try and level up my homestead. I pretty much use all of them right away.

Not exactly the best way to get them, but if you do Madoc's PTJ in Port Cohb, you get two homestead stones a day. So it's not a lot but at least it's a little something extra? Plus you get adventurer seals as a bonus, and some gold, so it may be worth giving a try.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Yeah, luckily the Homestead Fee doesn't apply until you log on after the fee would happen.

And in that case, the fee doesn't stack.

So if you leave for 2 months, when you log back in, you'll get a message saying the Stones were paid as maintenance, and it will be equal to 1 week's worth. (the number you see on the upper-right window of your homestead)
  • NicheeNichee
    Mabinogi Rep: 915
    They have a 1000 stone permit for only $1.3.
    Maid/Butler gives you twice the amount.
    You can spend 100(now 50 due to discount event!) pons to get another mine.
    You can also get 2(4 if you use butler) when you bounty hunt in bandit's homestead.
    You can also trim down your HS. props that you may not necessairly want, but cost a lot.