Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Is Buff Music broken..?

Comments

• SaygoSaygo
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,265
    Hi everyone. We received some tickets about this as well. I put on my detective cap and asked the team if this was intended. It turns out that Lullaby and March Song initially had cast times. Some time ago there was a bug that made the cast time instant. This update fixed that bug and put the cast time back on the skills.

We apologize for
    1: Not acknowledging the bug and letting everyone know
    2: Any inconvenience this might give players that have to now adjust to the cast time
    tumblr_inline_oal1c65MJw1tjlfhh_500.gif
    HarukariHumiliatingBlissfulkillFallout331Dcat682Radiant DawnFunzo24Goldtiger01TheNyanCatAlmostNotsuper
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    Thanks for confirming this Saygo!
    I guess we all have to get used to this. D:
  • ZarricZarric
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,510
    @Saygo, it actually isn't just those two, battlefield, vivace and even march song had a faster cast time applied thanks to it. We lived with the "bug" for like 3 years now and it's really helped the game in all honesty.

In this day and age, the combat is sped up and various skills have been given buffs or changes to make them relate to the speed up. The current buff times are a thing of the G9 era, as these were the original timings then. We're almost to G21 now so having slow buff cast again is actually very horrible.

So with the music casting "bug" it actually improved the game play mechanic to a level that I personally enjoyed a whole lot. The timing was something everyone is used to, and now it's back to the old slow cast, which is counter productive imo.

Is it possible for the team to actually re implement that part of the bug assuming nothing else changed with it, or is it possible to have KR adjust the cast times for us here in NA, to replicate the fast casting times? I would love to have that fast casting back.
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    Zarric wrote: »
    @Saygo, it actually isn't just those two, battlefield, vivace and even march song had a faster cast time applied thanks to it. We lived with the "bug" for like 3 years now and it's really helped the game in all honesty.

In this day and age, the combat is sped up and various skills have been given buffs or changes to make them relate to the speed up. The current buff times are a thing of the G9 era, as these were the original timings then. We're almost to G21 now so having slow buff cast again is actually very horrible.

So with the music casting "bug" it actually improved the game play mechanic to a level that I personally enjoyed a whole lot. The timing was something everyone is used to, and now it's back to the old slow cast, which is counter productive imo.

Is it possible for the team to actually re implement that part of the bug assuming nothing else changed with it, or is it possible to have KR adjust the cast times for us here in NA, to replicate the fast casting times? I would love to have that fast casting back.

I hate to be that person, but you're wasting your time asking for the bug to be brought back.
    It's just something everyone is gonna have to adjust too sadly.
  • lucifernlucifern
    Mabinogi Rep: 700
    KR didnt fixed this bug themselves ... well done NA being ahead of KR xD
    Goldtiger01
  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,165
    All this mf complaining lmao.
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    edited May 20, 2017
    lucifern wrote: »
    KR didnt fixed this bug themselves ... well done NA being ahead of KR xD

Going to share what one of my friends shared in a discord group...

KR Mabinogi didn't even 'bother' to fix the bug and they received more updates such as Memento before us so I don't really think it's a bug, to be honest... or else, KR Mabinogi would have fixed it by now and they're very quick in fixing the 'bug' too, lol.

But this is something we will have to adjust and get used to again now.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Thanks Saygo. That being said, using this skill instantly after you get knocked back is pretty overwhelming to allow us to do, despite the many times it has saved me. This is prevalent if you are an archer, due to the lack of adequate push back skills in general.
  • Dcat682Dcat682
    Mabinogi Rep: 880
    Guys... you can debate about music buffs being a bug or not all day. But when everything comes down to a final decision shouldn't the GM's have a final say?
    Saygo wrote: »
    Hi everyone. We received some tickets about this as well. I put on my detective cap and asked the team if this was intended. It turns out that Lullaby and March Song initially had cast times. Some time ago there was a bug that made the cast time instant. This update fixed that bug and put the cast time back on the skills.

We apologize for
    2: Any inconvenience this might give players that have to now adjust to the cast time
    tumblr_inline_oal1c65MJw1tjlfhh_500.gif

In this case it appears that the music buffs was a bug fix.
  • Goldtiger01Goldtiger01
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,515
    edited May 21, 2017
    The skills were broken before. I noticed that whenever you'd use it, they'd continue to "play" for a second or so even if you cancelled it. For instance, lullaby has like a second activation point, but if you just use lullaby and cancel it, you'd get the buff effect because the music-use extends outside of the skill for some reason. I am not surprised they fixed it, it was honestly kinda broken but I do hope they go back to the old way.
    They most likely silently fixed this "bug" as it has been a problem for a while now. Just it's been around for so long that it just became a norm I guess. Basically though, they just removed that continuation "bug" because it was allowing for instant activations.

EDIT:
    Woops! I should've read. Saygo already replied, my apologies for reiterating what he said (in a less understandable way)! >.<
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    Here's a real bug. If you play Enthralling Performance all the way through until the skills stop, the music keeps looping forever for some reason. It's happened to me several times. :S I'd change channels but I have a shop open. Any other fixes?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    Gaea wrote: »
    Yeah already been in the middle of this delay. Whats going on NA? :|

Is it time for new servers? I think so.

Keep this post up. There has been numerous issues in the last few months and it seems to be continually building up. Freaking FH lag - at times unresponsive, summoning and desummoning pet lag, missing field boss spawns, glitches up the tir na nog. Lets add to the list shall we?

I'm serious, lets compile here.

The music buff thing has nothing to do with lag. I've been training dual gun skills, so I'd notice if I was lagging. I'm pretty sure the buffs are working as intended. However, like Graward, I'd like confirmation.
    The skills were broken before. I noticed that whenever you'd use it, they'd continue to "play" for a second or so even if you cancelled it. For instance, lullaby has like a second activation point, but if you just use lullaby and cancel it, you'd get the buff effect because the music-use extends outside of the skill for some reason. I am not surprised they fixed it, it was honestly kinda broken but I do hope they go back to the old way.
    They most likely silently fixed this "bug" as it has been a problem for a while now. Just it's been around for so long that it just became a norm I guess. Basically though, they just removed that continuation "bug" because it was allowing for instant activations.

EDIT:
    Woops! I should've read. Saygo already replied, my apologies for reiterating what she said (in a less understandable way)! >.<

Saygo is a dude. =P

Anyway, thanks Saygo for getting back to us on this. Everyone is just going to have to adjust.
    ZeoGoldtiger01
  • whoooowhoooo
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    I have a question and I want to hear all you rich people with 100s of pets that have summon effect going to say to this... What should someone who's getting attack by lets say 3 spiders or those ugly Ghast or anything with a instant aggro and 1 hit knockback what should they do? get raped cause the skill wont load when they need it, because its not like they'll have time to use windmill to defend themselves or anything they'll just stuck their getting their ass handed to them and probably rage quit. I think.... and I say I THINK SO THIS IS AN OPINION this "bug fix" will cause a lot of problem for people like those.
    whoooo wrote: »
    I have a question and I want to hear all you rich people with 100s of pets that have summon effect going to say to this... What should someone who's getting attack by lets say 3 spiders or those ugly Ghast or anything with a instant aggro and 1 hit knockback what should they do? get raped cause the skill wont load when they need it, because its not like they'll have time to use windmill to defend themselves or anything they'll just stuck their getting their ass handed to them and probably rage quit. I think.... and I say I THINK SO THIS IS AN OPINION this "bug fix" will cause a lot of problem for people like those.

You are assuming people who pet spam are for this change or are fine, but I find that to be a generalization, as such people will likely just welcome any option such as this in the first place. That being said....

Why not teamwork a bit of planning, perhaps to give one time to use lullaby, or perhaps use a a quick damage technique or skill to blitz them in an instant? There is also crisis escape for the less aggroish monsters, and means of ranged attacks to pick them off one by one. One could try to use the Shock skill or an enhanced Frozen blast as well, or having everyone use pets with divine link to draw aggro. There is also sand burst and shadow bind. or the mage skill shockwave to buy time.

Most enemies do not aggro that quickly, and aggression time is something to be considered as a reasonable obstacle now as it was back then. That is what make Ghasts so difficult, and Peaca overall a team player dungeon, albeit not the end game it was before the Dungeon revamp. The options are there, but the dependency on Lullaby is incredibly broken with an instant cast as it pet spam itself.

The cast time is barely noticeable in the long run unless you run into Ghasts, or do Lord Missions, and those typically were meant to be more difficult, similar to monsters in Rabbie Phantasm are. In any case, lullaby can be a tactical move in itself, leading one to pick out specific opponents to defeat without the usage of aoe or splash skills.

Cannot say I disagree with this fix when it trivializes most dungeons.
  • ChaosShadowChaosShadow
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,590
    edited May 21, 2017
    Saygo wrote: »

We apologize for

I see. Well, I thank you for the confirmation, but I must strongly reiterate what I said before...
    I kindly request that this action be taken back whilst the "bug" is labeled as a feature, because that's what it has become at this point. If it really needed to be fixed, it should've been fixed as soon as the "bug" first cropped up.

Lullaby's current use time makes it near useless against enemies that have instant aggro speed + immunity to pet summon skills such as the Nimbus's. This is doing the players more harm than good.
  • ChaosShadowChaosShadow
    edited May 21, 2017
    Liyeta wrote: »
    Hmm, there are a few option to avoid this.
    1, use divine link on your pet
    2. Use crysis escape.
    3. Use a b bomb
    4. Take all the agro then play dead.
    5. Use demi then run away or tank it.
    6. Fh everything in sight
    7. Snap cast ice spear then thunder everything
    8. Shadow bind
    9. Get your raincast up all thd time then hydra
    10. Hydra then play dead
    1. Not everyone has Divine Link yet, and if they do, they haven't made it viable (Rank 1) yet. Nor does everyone have pets that are best suited for Divine Link. Not every pet turns into a total damage sponge with Divine Link active.
    2. Viable option, and this can be trained quickly now thanks to AP training.
    3. Not everyone has B-Bombs, nor are they willing to spend NX on them. If players are selling them though, I'd love to get my hands on some myself.
    4. Enemies with Windmill or Fireball or most other AoE attacks aren't fooled by Play Dead.
    5. Another viable option, though depending on the situation, it won't help you run away or tank things for very long.
    6. Not everyone plays a human. Final Hit isn't even viable without cooldown reduction reforges anyway.
    7. The other guy's example included Ghasts, some of which have Mana Deflector, meaning Ice Spear won't freeze them in place.
    8. Another viable option, especially with the Master Title equipped. Though if you're alone, you'd still have to think of some way to escape. Probably Shadow Cloak or Crisis Escape.
    9. Another viable option. Need to get into the habit of using Rain Casting more often myself.
    10. I repeat what I said about enemies with Windmill or Fireball.

I agree with four of your suggestions, but this ultimately doesn't change how necessary Lullaby was.
    Snip

While you're right in saying that a lot of the later game content such as Lord Missions, Peaca, Phantasm and etc. are meant to be team efforts, there are some people who choose to play alone, and some dungeons such as Phantasm and Alban encourage this with those stupid solo titles as rewards.

While there are certainly other options for crowd control and buying the player time, Lullaby was depended on for a reason. Now it's just a frustration to use.
    whoooo
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    edited May 21, 2017
    2. Use crysis escape.
    3. Use a b bomb
    8. Shadow bind
    10. Hydra then play dead
    1. Not everyone has Divine Link yet, and if they do, they haven't made it viable (Rank 1) yet. Nor does everyone have pets that are best suited for Divine Link. Not every pet turns into a total damage sponge with Divine Link active.
    3. Not everyone has B-Bombs, nor are they willing to spend NX on them. If players are selling them though, I'd love to get my hands on some myself.
    4. Enemies with Windmill or Fireball or most other AoE attacks aren't fooled by Play Dead.
    5. Another viable option, though depending on the situation, it won't help you run away or tank things for very long.
    6. Not everyone plays a human. Final Hit isn't even viable without cooldown reduction reforges anyway.
    7. The other guy's example included Ghasts, some of which have Mana Deflector, meaning Ice Spear won't freeze them in place.
    8. Another viable option, especially with the Master Title equipped. Though if you're alone, you'd still have to think of some way to escape. Probably Shadow Cloak or Crisis Escape.
    9. Another viable option. Need to get into the habit of using Rain Casting more often myself.

I agree with four of your suggestions, but this ultimately doesn't change how necessary Lullaby was.
    Snip

While you're right in saying that a lot of the later game content such as Lord Missions, Peaca, Phantasm and etc. are meant to be team efforts, there are some people who choose to play alone, and some dungeons such as Phantasm and Alban encourage this with those stupid solo titles as rewards.

While there are certainly other options for crowd control and buying the player time, Lullaby was depended on for a reason. Now it's just a frustration to use.

Things will just take a little longer. Get use to it, when a bug is identified and fixed, it's done and over with. There is no returning back. So you can QQ or adapt and persevere - if you love this world.
  • ChaosShadowChaosShadow
    Gaea wrote: »
    Things will just take a little longer. Get use to it, when a bug is identified and fixed, it's done and over with. There is no returning back. So you can QQ or adapt and persevere - if you love this world.

I'm "QQ'ing," as you put it, for a completely justified reason and adapting at the same time. Just because it was supposed to be a bug fix doesn't mean it has to be "done and over with," meaning that I am completely allowed to voice my opinion on the matter if it inconveniences me not only as a player of the game, but also as a customer. Unfortunately, however, given this game's history you are more than likely right that we won't be seeing the usefulness of Lullaby return.

That said, I can't see Rabbie Phantasm being anymore "fun" now than it was before thanks to this completely unnecessary change, but c'est la vie, I guess.
    2. Use crysis escape.
    3. Use a b bomb
    8. Shadow bind
    10. Hydra then play dead

Snip

I still use Lullaby, mainly because most enemies do not even instantly aggro as fast as Ghasts. That being said, the presence of a reward is tempting, sure, but I feel like there is no compelling reason for those solo titles other than to say "you did it". It is rewarding the players who can do this, not discouraging others from playing the game or essentially the same content, anymore than Hard Mode in Arkham Asylum or 1999 Mode in Bioshock: Infinite.

That being said, Phantasm disallows the use of Lullaby and Elementals, among other things. Why should they not receive some title of recognition? There is a bit of inequality here with Crystal Deer Usage, but that is a bit off topic. They do not take anything away from you by not giving you the title, nor does anyone else does upon attaining it.

You can play alone in your own time, but this is an MMO, you are expected to team up on occasions.

I do not feel Lullaby is "necessary" in that form, you just have to play smarter, hence why Soloing is challenging. You have to play smarter when there is no one else to depend on. You will find another way if you continue to play. It just has a reasonable drawback now, versus an instant cast skill with buffs upward to 30 seconds just by using song, especially since the only real difference applies to instant aggro enemies.
  • whoooowhoooo
    Mabinogi Rep: 200

Hmm, there is a few option to avoid this.
    2. Use crysis escape.
    3. Use a b bomb
    8. Shadow bind
    10. Hydra then play dead
    11. Summon your puppet before entering the room, use crisis escape so your puppet will take the agro.

There is a lot of way to do this.

What if the player is a new player who doesn't have all those lovely skills yet?

Hmm, there is a few option to avoid this.
    2. Use crysis escape.
    3. Use a b bomb
    8. Shadow bind
    10. Hydra then play dead
    11. Summon your puppet before entering the room, use crisis escape so your puppet will take the agro.

There is a lot of way to do this.

Not everyone have all those lovely skills or items my friend and not everyone is a human who can simply use final hit to do everything and then play dead for cool-down or the reforges for the cool-down reduction