Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Server Merges

RheyRhey
Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
edited May 31, 2017 in General Chat
Should it happen this anniversary?

I want to play with others from diff servers. :(

/Discuss

MadokING
  1. It's about time no?84 votes
    1. Yes.
       68% (57 votes)
    2. I like seeing empty channels.
       32% (27 votes)

Comments

• NicheeNichee
    Mabinogi Rep: 915
    Alexina doesn't need it. Tarlach and Ruairi though =/
    Crimsọnkapapa
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
    their wouldn't need to be server merges if the game just kept up with the "interests" of the players...
    instead of stressful limited time nx items, and afk events.... that surely alone put enough players to realize how un-enjoyable the game is :T
    etc etc etc etc. >:)
    GakkuriaquanerrithHarukariHazurahTairikuFweepkapapa
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited June 1, 2017
    Can we stop making same threads about merging servers over and over again? Just go to current thread in Feedback and Suggestions section and discuss it there.
    I suggest a thread merge now. :|
    ZeoKageitoAmewa
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Liyeta wrote: »
    Alexina do need it. There is like 6 near empty channel right now that need a filling.

Just because there are channels that don't say FULL 24/7 doesn't mean a server merge is absolutely needed.
    GretaTheNyanCatNilremHarukariSebastianKageitoFweepVioletBoyCupids
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    Greta wrote: »
    Can we stop making same threads about merging servers over and over again? Jut go to current thread in Feedback and Suggestions section and discuss it there.

We say this time and time again every time this thread comes but now it's gotten to a point where we just expect it every couple of months. You'd think we'd get some sort of assurance or at least a scolding or 'something' about server merges from somebody with authority. :V

Also, about the server merge thing, I'd only be for it if none of my items get deleted or altered. And I mean none. And I don't want to have to change my name if I don't want to, either. (But I bet there will have to be name changes if a merge happens.)
    OpalthiraTwelie
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Xiokun wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »
    Can we stop making same threads about merging servers over and over again? Jut go to current thread in Feedback and Suggestions section and discuss it there.

Also, about the server merge thing, I'd only be for it if none of my items get deleted or altered. And I mean none. And I don't want to have to change my name if I don't want to, either. (But I bet there will have to be name changes if a merge happens.)

100% this. This is the main reason why people don't want server merges. They don't want to lose everything they own simply to see more people running around or afking.
    Honestly if they deleted all your stuff you can expect this game's population to flatline, and at that point you might as well remake the engine/game.
  • NamiriNamiri
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,700
    Why would a merger of all things cause people to lose anything though? I don't really get the logic behind that assumption.
    Zeokapapa
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Namiri wrote: »
    Why would a merger of all things cause people to lose anything though? I don't really get the logic behind that assumption.

Sometimes Nexon doesn't make sense. Just saying.
    Tairiku
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100

Simple. We merge the servers, and some people's data's get messed up, people's banks get messed up, someone's inventory got rolled back a lot or even wiped, and before you can say spaghetti and meatballs, you got big angry threads screaming about "I LOST ALL MY STUFF I SPENT HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS ON!" If server merges were an easy thing that could be done within 12 hours, I feel Mabinogi would have already done it. I don't have any hard evidence or proof to show you in statistics or anything like that, but I have a huge feeling if a server merge happens, something bad might happen like people's data's getting lost or tainted. :(

I remember in another thread, buried in the countless dozens of other server merge threads, that people would have to move all their items into pets before going to another server, based on what KR's server changing ticket thing did..? I would find that thread again but I don't know where it is now.
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    edited June 1, 2017
    Nichee wrote: »
    Alexina doesn't need it. Tarlach and Ruairi though =/
    Now, we call that as 'selfish' people.

Though, I think they won't do merge anyways because it's just 'too much work' to consider for Nexon America.
    Greta
  • JoeyDee9JoeyDee9
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,065
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    Xiokun wrote: »

Simple. We merge the servers, and some people's data's get messed up, people's banks get messed up, someone's inventory got rolled back a lot or even wiped, and before you can say spaghetti and meatballs, you got big angry threads screaming about "I LOST ALL MY STUFF I SPENT HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS ON!" If server merges were an easy thing that could be done within 12 hours, I feel Mabinogi would have already done it. I don't have any hard evidence or proof to show you in statistics or anything like that, but I have a huge feeling if a server merge happens, something bad might happen like people's data's getting lost or tainted. :(

I remember in another thread, buried in the countless dozens of other server merge threads, that people would have to move all their items into pets before going to another server, based on what KR's server changing ticket thing did..? I would find that thread again but I don't know where it is now.

You are half right...the only thing that was lost in the other regions merges was mailboxes. Just mail...nothing else would be lost.
  • NamiriNamiri
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,700
    edited June 1, 2017
    JoeyDee9 wrote: »
    You are half right...the only thing that was lost in the other regions merges was mailboxes. Just mail...nothing else would be lost.

I wonder how it got exaggerated into these wild tales of losing everything in the bank or losing stuff on pets then if the only thing lost in other region mergers was the mailboxes. It's also a shame that these baseless wild exaggerations are keeping people from accepting the idea of a server merger.

[Deleted User]
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    Oh hey this threed again
    Greta
  • JoeyDee9JoeyDee9

I wonder how it got exaggerated into these wild tales of losing everything in the bank or losing stuff on pets then if the only thing lost in other region mergers was the mailboxes. It's also a shame that these baseless wild exaggerations are keeping people from accepting the idea of a server merger.

If I had half the willpower I used to I'd post more often to alleviate some of the misconceptions like I used to~~
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    If I had half the willpower I used to I'd post more often to alleviate some of the misconceptions like I used to~~

That's a lost cause with this subject, unfortunately.
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    Another one of these threads huh?
    I don't want it. I don't see it happening anytime soon.
    GretaKageito
  • MhaolMhaol
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,215
    If a Server Merge occurs, its not an Issue of Losing Gubs, its the character/pet names. Since there's characters/pets on each server with the exact same name
  • TentacleTentacle
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,070
    Setting up four servers in the same city was bad in the first place. This game needs either one big server, or a few spread throughout the whole world (East, West, EU for example). Although I don't know which option is less likely to happen.
    yessiree
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Tentacle wrote: »
    Setting up four servers in the same city was bad in the first place. This game needs either one big server, or a few spread throughout the whole world (East, West, EU for example). Although I don't know which option is less likely to happen.

No. That's what they did with Vindictus. Worst idea ever. And so was opening up Alexina.
  • JoeyDee9JoeyDee9
    Gaea wrote: »
    Tentacle wrote: »

No. That's what they did with Vindictus. Worst idea ever. And so was opening up Alexina.

It would be lovely if we could have our channel clusters in each server in different spots though. 1-4 on east cost 5-7 on west. That would allow more people to have less latency.