Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Server Merges

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited June 2, 2017
    Gaea wrote: »
    The cringe!

What was so cringy about there?
    Your hatred towards Alexina server is cringy though...
    ZeoTwelie
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Liyeta wrote: »
    Buffalos wrote: »
    Yeah I guess there used to be two BUSY channels alongside channel 1 a few years ago, but it may very well be that the channel population thing being broken by marking channel 1 forever FULL might involve the other channels somehow. Or population dips, I dunno ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Xiokun wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »

I actually would like to get a merge so i could meet new friends and you guys, i wanna see you Gaea and would be nice to meet Xiokun as well, we could kick some asses in dungeons, etc. :D

@Greta @Gaea
    NYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH~ GRETA-SENPAI WANTS TO MEET MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE?!?!

540d4e213cd5a959626a6a92cf48387e1686943c_hq.gif

I WANNA MEET GAEA-SAMA TOO!
    tumblr_mofz5daEPJ1qixfalo1_500.gif

The cringe!

Yeah I would like to meet up with you guys too. I just wish there was a way to visit other servers with your main. You know, they could make it "Gaea (of Ruairi)". They could even make it so it's not possible to conduct business there or do events. You can hang out, help out in dungeons, quests, ext. To make it simple, the only things you would have access to is a basic inventory and gear, but you would retain your stats. Then when all is said and done you can return to your server where you have everything.

Just a thought. Heck they could even market it as buying a "travel ticket" of sorts. But they would have to make it relatively cheap to encourage visitations.

I think thats called making an alt account XD.

But that's no fun, you are completely starting from scratch. At least you would still have all your skills.
    Twelie
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Xiokun wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »

I actually would like to get a merge so i could meet new friends and you guys, i wanna see you Gaea and would be nice to meet Xiokun as well, we could kick some asses in dungeons, etc. :D

@Greta @Gaea
    NYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH~ GRETA-SENPAI WANTS TO MEET MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE?!?!

540d4e213cd5a959626a6a92cf48387e1686943c_hq.gif

I WANNA MEET GAEA-SAMA TOO!
    tumblr_mofz5daEPJ1qixfalo1_500.gif

pretty much. I'd like to play with forum personalities from other servers as well.
  • yessireeyessiree
    Mabinogi Rep: 840
    We should be discussing ways to resolve duplicate names across servers. Server merge is never gonna happen unless this is solved first.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    I guess its not a server merge thread without someone wishing for Alexina to die/never exist
    GretaZeoHarukari
  • NamiriNamiri
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,700
    Stolias wrote: »
    If a Server Merge occurs, its not an Issue of Losing Gubs, its the character/pet names. Since there's characters/pets on each server with the exact same name
    That's what I said, you know what kind of seizure inducing headache that would cause our staff? Think about it. FOUR times the NAMES to resolve! It would be utter chaos. Which is why we always concluded, it could only be done with 2 servers at a time.
    yessiree wrote: »
    We should be discussing ways to resolve duplicate names across servers. Server merge is never gonna happen unless this is solved first.

I'm not even sure why you people are worrying about or attempting to create a solution for an issue which doesn't even exist in the first place. Given other foreign servers for this game such as Korea have already done server mergers just fine. So the solution has already been found way before you ever started worrying about it.

Apparently the solution was something along the lines of people getting their original server names above their usernames and guild names. So as a result duplicate names were fully possible and there weren't any issues.

GretaZeoNegumikoTweliekapapa
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    edited June 5, 2017
    yessiree wrote: »

From what I know, when a server merge happens in KR/JP, whoever log in first basically get to keep their name while the rest have to go to a special page to set their new username... very easy solution too.

You can try adding other players with same IGN on other three servers and they'll likely to be inactive so you don't have anything to worry about it, really.

Radiant DawnNegumikoTwelie
  • AkirachuAkirachu
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,260
    Nichee wrote: »
    Alexina doesn't need it. Tarlach and Ruairi though =/

i do ship the characters ok you have them be come one server just to make yaoi jokes