Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Stop Adding Fashion

Comments

• SylekSylek
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    Mirokujin wrote: »
    Its just theres nothing to do but marketing after you've reached end game. Most either afk or pvp. There should be some type of endless wave dungeon, or something along that sort.

An endless wave dungeon could be nice, where you see randomized enemies that have gradually increasing stats. When I say randomized enemies, I mean that you could see an insanely weak dragon (that won't count for any quests) at round 1 or a group of god-like rats at round 30. The only thing you can somewhat predict would be the stats, and those don't have to follow the creature. If it starts easy enough, this could be something even noobs could participate in while also catering toward the end-game players.
    Namiri wrote: »
    Personally I don't mind being able to just instantly get the outfit and use it rather than needing to craft it with a manual. Since that just feels like a bit of a pain in the ass. Needing to farm materials and then needing to find someone to craft it for you if you don't have the necessary crafting skill ranked up yourself already.
    Sylek wrote: »
    I'm not a supporter of constantly expanding the end game or giving players even more to make them even more op. We should get more content for all players, even if it's not combat.

If people run out of stuff to do at end-game that doesn't exactly leave a whole lot worth bothering with and you just end up with the majority of people AFK'ing all the time. Also, a lot of the non-combat stuff such as Festia is rather neglected these days.

I have a thread discussing Festia and Mafia, and I think the agreed reason on why Festia seems so neglected is because you only get 3-4 passes per day (4th being from the Fortune Teller). I do see a lot of potential in Festia otherwise. As for Mafia, it looks more like I'm not looking in the right places for it. If we add more end-game content, those same players will rush through it, complain it was too easy, then go afk again.
  • MirokujinMirokujin
    Mabinogi Rep: 510
    If you look at all the viable gears, it's only like a list of 10, whereas the fashion section has tons and tons of options. The anime/fashion route is just trash.
  • NamiriNamiri
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,700
    If you look at all the viable gears, it's only like a list of 10, whereas the fashion section has tons and tons of options. The anime/fashion route is just trash.

"Viable gear" in any MMORPG is pretty much always going to be the current end game stuff. Less focus on fashion isn't going to change that fact. Since when it comes to combat people are simply just going to want the best they can get their hands on.
  • SylekSylek
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100

What was viable a year ago isn't on that list anymore. And as they add new weapons, that list will keep changing. Just as @Namiri says. Mabinogi is open, so fashion will always be an option. If you don't like fashion, then don't participate in it, but it gives content for all players, not just you bored end-game players.
  • MirokujinMirokujin
    edited June 8, 2017
    Well have another sever that doesn't have all that trash fashion stuff. Or add harder enemies to scale with the open gear. Honestly the endless dungeon posted above would solve most of my problems with the lack of end game. If they gave mats to make new gears in the dungeons, that would be even better.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited June 8, 2017
    You can not enact combat updates willy nilly either, like one enacts clothing, and from what I have seen, they did do big updates occasionally as rebalancing revamps. It isn't that fashion is taking over, but that the developers have no idea on how to do balancing in general, and mainly, they do not care as long as the player base is satisfied enough to throw money.

You can come with a terrible outfit, but I wouldn't consider it gamebreaking, because people simply wouldn't wear it. Outfits are easier to implement, and with far less headaches.

Combat updates are not simple. They require knowledge of the game and an actual idea of what would be balanced, except that since everyone has an idea on what is balanced and what is not. These updates affects a great deal of the playerbase, are harder to code, and not something you can put out every maintenance on a whim.

@Mirokujin If you cannot appreciate the fact that the fashionogis you so despise support the game as much as you do, then I do not know what to say. Having nothing but vitriol at other players does nothing but hastens a game's end.

Again, not a zero sums game.
  • MirokujinMirokujin
    People would must defiantly pay for passes to op dungeon that give near with new types of reforging. Its not like its auto pay to win because the dungeon should be near impossible. The people who are paying for gachas are the same people who have nothing to do but afk. I'm not saying I despise them, it's just toxic seeing them sit there.
    Not sure what you are saying. Why should the dungeon only cater to high end players, when the difficulty levels it has more or less balances it out to an extent? (I doubt it would be Phantasm difficult or even Rundal Hardmode Advanced in all honesty). In any case, having a dungeon cater to the general fanbase is good for retention. While I think harder dungeons are needed, this ties into excessive power creep that is mostly the choice of the person reforging the equipment.

In any case, I am not quite sure how you differentiate seeing other players AFKing as "toxic to see them there" and the act of despising them. This thread seems to point you do bear a hatred, though one might assume Nexon bears the burden of "catering" to them. Not sure where the responsibility lies, so I say mainly Nexon I suppose.

Again, combatcentric updates are much harder to release than outfits in general. A great deal more thinking has to go into a good combat update then a good outfit. Anyone can design an outfit, and it is easier to code with less repercussions. The fault truly lies with Nexon with not balancing anything correctly. I would urge you to reconsider the title of future threads that don't point fingers at groups.
    Berryswirl
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    I wonder if it's possible to make a dungeon where the mobs scale to whomever is fighting them? Like if you had a mixed group of newbies to high level endgame players, and all of them had a difficult time getting through a specific dungeon because the damage done to them was by percentage and not by base stats? If you put sweet rewards at the end, like very nice difficult to get stuff, would people enjoy it better? Having to work together (teamwork) in order to get the prize?

I don't know. Just trying to think of something that would be accessible to all players, and considering the desparity between new player levels and old player levels that feels difficult unless it's percentage based.
    I wonder if it's possible to make a dungeon where the mobs scale to whomever is fighting them? Like if you had a mixed group of newbies to high level endgame players, and all of them had a difficult time getting through a specific dungeon because the damage done to them was by percentage and not by base stats? If you put sweet rewards at the end, like very nice difficult to get stuff, would people enjoy it better? Having to work together (teamwork) in order to get the prize?

I don't know. Just trying to think of something that would be accessible to all players, and considering the desparity between new player levels and old player levels that feels difficult unless it's percentage based.

Wouldn't automatically scaling make improving your character useless, or even detrimental? We have some generation scales, but it is much harder to face a Girgashiy in Basic than in Hard. In any case, I'd say play smarter, not harder may be the solution, although percentages could bring players together in one dungeon, so it sounds good.
    WolfandWolf
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf

Wouldn't automatically scaling make improving your character useless, or even detrimental? We have some generation scales, but it is much harder to face a Girgashiy in Basic than in Hard. In any case, I'd say play smarter, not harder may be the solution, although percentages could bring players together in one dungeon, so it sounds good.

Yeah it would make improving your character useless, but it would only be for this single hypothetical dungeon that would allow everyone from all levels to participate in. And it really would be the case where you'd have to be smarter about how you fight them since damage is no longer tied to your stats; you'd have to find a different solution instead of "just keep bashing them with your high strength then move on to the next".

I don't know. Obviously, I wouldn't want this for ALL dungeons/shadow missions/etc, but it would be kind of interesting to have just one dungeon place where all people from all levels might be able to hang out and do a run. ^ ^

Yeah it would make improving your character useless, but it would only be for this single hypothetical dungeon that would allow everyone from all levels to participate in. And it really would be the case where you'd have to be smarter about how you fight them since damage is no longer tied to your stats; you'd have to find a different solution instead of "just keep bashing them with your high strength then move on to the next".

I don't know. Obviously, I wouldn't want this for ALL dungeons/shadow missions/etc, but it would be kind of interesting to have just one dungeon place where all people from all levels might be able to hang out and do a run. ^ ^

I just realized what you meant. I am pretty stupid. I always admired RPs like Lorraine for being centered around teamwork and skillful playing. Lorraine got boring to spam, and too dependent on teammates, but I think I would like something similar to it. Or maybe RPs in general, or set stats.

I think one of the better things about your scaling idea is that it forces one to take on specific opponents lest the party is incapacitated because Player 1 decided to destroy a weak monster that Player 2 could but was left with a far stronger being. :D
    WolfandWolf
  • NamiriNamiri
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,700
    edited June 11, 2017
    The people who are paying for gachas are the same people who have nothing to do but afk. I'm not saying I despise them, it's just toxic seeing them sit there.

Those people who pay for gachas that you seem to hate so much are also the people who keep the game running. Since if it weren't for them throwing literally hundreds of dollars at each new gacha the game surely would have closed down ages ago. Because despite what you may possibly believe Nexon is not running a charity here. They're a business and are in this to make money. So if a game isn't being profitable enough for them to keep it running they'll close it down. So be glad and appreciate the fact that those gacha spamming AFK'ers are helping keep the game afloat with their gacha purchases.

Also, what business is it of yours if someone just wants to spend money on gachas and do nothing but AFK? I fail to see how they're being "toxic" as you put it if they really are truly just only AFK'ing. It's their money and people are free to enjoy the game in whatever way they want.
    ZeoBerryswirlBlissfulkill
  • GakkuriaquaGakkuriaqua
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,870
    edited June 10, 2017
    Its just theres nothing to do but marketing after you've reached end game. Most either afk or pvp. There should be some type of endless wave dungeon, or something along that sort... Honestly the endless dungeon posted above would solve most of my problems with the lack of end game

uhm Threat in Renes is still a thing however most people forgot it exists. It's practically endless wave so go knock your self out.
    The people who are paying for gachas are the same people who have nothing to do but afk. I'm not saying I despise them, it's just toxic seeing them sit there.

Who are you to even judge by appearances? Some people don't even gacha, however they have a lot of gold to buy whatever is hip and new. Also a lot of us aren't kids anymore, some afk people might be hard at work. Have you ever considered that?? Why are you even bothered by random afk strangers anyway??

IMHO I prefer to see a lot of afk people than no one at all. I mean if there was an inactivity log out timer the game would probably look more empty and dead then it is already.
    If you haven't noticed a lot of heavy & light armor have the same stats aside from production bonuses. So if they were to add lets say another 50 different type of armor variations... it'll practically be another fashion option that has expensive repairs at that point :p

plus they would probably release it in a gacha just like any other fashion so gotta praise the gacha buyers for getting anything new in circulation
    Berryswirl
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    I was going to make a long comment, but people have basically covered everything I wished to say. I support the majority of the posters in this thread.
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf

I just realized what you meant. I am pretty stupid. I always admired RPs like Lorraine for being centered around teamwork and skillful playing. Lorraine got boring to spam, and too dependent on teammates, but I think I would like something similar to it. Or maybe RPs in general, or set stats.

I think one of the better things about your scaling idea is that it forces one to take on specific opponents lest the party is incapacitated because Player 1 decided to destroy a weak monster that Player 2 could but was left with a far stronger being. :D

:( You're not stupid, don't say that! It's probably because I'm pretty bad at explaining stuff. XD

But yeah, I always loved Lorraine and RP sort of missions where you weren't reliant on your own stats/skills and so had to come up with a different way of trying to win. It would be cool to have to strategize who takes what monster in order to move forward! ^ ^
  • MirokujinMirokujin
    So what im seeing is, this game is prtty bad. It's only running cause of gachas but nexon dont feel like adding good content cause, no point if they still making money on gachas. Other mmo's have found ways to stay up and still have good content, mabi is just poop i guess.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited June 13, 2017
    So what im seeing is, this game is prtty bad. It's only running cause of gachas but nexon dont feel like adding good content cause, no point if they still making money on gachas. Other mmo's have found ways to stay up and still have good content, mabi is just poop i guess.

I find this humorous considering we're getting a CONTENT UPDATE on the 15th. Also, if you feel that way, why would you stick around? You're just coming off as salty. =_=

Honestly, I preferred the outfit bags to outfits being distributed in gachapon, but I find that a fun thing about gachapon is sometimes I wind up with something different that I might like.
    As for the money situation, they could add weapon/armor manuals (new weapons) to the gacha. The materials can be found in some new extra hard dungeon. This would along players to farm for the weapons vs it being instant paying for op gear

I would much rather new weapons and armor manuals be added to in-game shops rather than having to rely on RNG purchases, and I find your suggestion of this contradicts your complaint about them not making good content because they can use gachas to make money.
    People would must defiantly pay for passes to op dungeon that give near with new types of reforging. Its not like its auto pay to win because the dungeon should be near impossible. The people who are paying for gachas are the same people who have nothing to do but afk. I'm not saying I despise them, it's just toxic seeing them sit there.

Toxic? Really? Gachapon are a means of earning funding to keep the game going and to pay for content to be made, which is done in Nexon Korea, not here in Nexon North America, in case you weren't aware. Nexon North America merely implements what is given to them by Nexon Korea, who does all of the coding and creation of content.

Also, their being AFK has to do with what is going on irl. Maybe they're working on something while being party to a production party to help their friends or any random player? Maybe they have a Buy/Sell Banner open, which they'd have to be in game to advertise?
  • MirokujinMirokujin
    Nah this game is just tresh. They afk because theres nothing to do on the game. I'm not gonna praise the gacha buyers cause a game shouldn't have to rely on afkers to keep their game up. And those little once every season events aren't enough.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited June 13, 2017
    You never answered my question regarding why you're bothering to stick around if you have such a low opinion of the game?

Also, any and every online game I've played has required funding of some sort. In free-to-play like these, it's extras like Gachapon and services like VIP. I remember that in Flyff, you could buy outfit bags that boosted your abilities. In pay to play games like World of Warcraft, it's in purchasing the game plus any updates that bring the player from beginning to current. There are also a slew of things they offer in their shop like Pets, Mounts, Services, and that's in addition to having to pay a subscription to play.