Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Random forum members being banned recently?

FroglordFroglord
Mabinogi Rep: 7,020
edited December 22, 2016 in Town Square
Did they give Vmods the ability to ban people now? I haven't seen Sabina or any Nexon admin ban anyone in the longest while now.

With how power trippy some people can be, I hope this isn't the case.

Comments

• TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    edited December 22, 2016
    Even if the volunteers got ban privileges they wouldn't go on a banning spree for kicks, they were picked for a reason you know. And just how can you see Sabina ban people? To my knowledge CMs don't announce to the whole forum who they ban.
  • FroglordFroglord
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,020
    edited December 22, 2016
    You wouldn't know from the sounds of it, the mods are cool for sure, but one or two have a tendency to throw their weight around arbitrarily and do things without any sort of leeway.

Also in the longest time I've been using these forums, Sabina has been very patient and lax with the people that post here. Also being passively hostile and argumentative is a great way to have a normal conversation.
  • ZincathonZincathon
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,310
    I highly doubt anyone that isn't from Nexon can dish out bans.
    Sephanle
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    edited December 22, 2016
    Who says a Nexon employee-admin-thing can't go incognito and do some undercover duty? ehehehe
    But I've noticed a ban before earlier.
    Was more curious on how er.. unintelligent the person was for doing something of some sorts to get banned.
    Never assumed it was a random ban either.
  • LiberateLiberate
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,360
    I don't think it's the VFMs, there's been some html abuse going on to where Nexon staff is trying to contain it.
    Sherri[Deleted User]
  • Morbious17Morbious17
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,260
    Sabina banned someone today for abusing html. That poor html. :(
    KttySherriLiberate[Deleted User]Kryo
  • LiberateLiberate
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,360
    @Morbious17

How long until we get our hime punching bag signatures again?

[Deleted User]
  • SherriSherri
    edited December 22, 2016
    Morbious17 - "Sabina banned someone today for abusing html. That poor html. :("

I don't know about you, but I'm seconds away from making a HTML Abuse Awareness program thread.
    No HTML should have to go through the horrors of abuse.
    Poor angels. :'c
    (Also I'm attempting to create a system of mine for quoting people until we've got the HTML online again)
    [Deleted User]
  • NotoriousGMBNotoriousGMB
    Mabinogi Rep: 830
    This is why we cant have nice things
    Sherri[Deleted User]mintiel
  • Morbious17Morbious17
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,260
    @liberate I have no idea.
  • SherriSherri
    Ooh also while you are here.. any idea on when custom titles will come back?
    I never had one before. c:
    Probably not for a while, considering if we get them, other forums get them.
    Different titles for different forums, all that fun stuff.
    ..Yeah. Take your time. Thinking about it hurts my head.
    This is why I look up to coders. O.O
  • ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    We don't really know. I'm sure Sabina will give a heads up for any fun changes like that.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited December 23, 2016
    Morbious17

Sabina banned someone today for abusing html. That poor html. :({/

I told you guys that was going to happen...

We had restrictions for a reason.

• NikomisNikomis
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,175
    Sherri
    Sherri said:

Ooh also while you are here.. any idea on when custom titles will come back?
    I never had one before. c:
    Probably not for a while, considering if we get them, other forums get them.
    Different titles for different forums, all that fun stuff.
    ..Yeah. Take your time. Thinking about it hurts my head.
    This is why I look up to coders. O.O
    I miss my doodle mage title... :(
  • SherriSherri
    Uhm.. just noticed a majorly active member banned.. Not going to say any names, but.. Ummm you guys are sure everything is okay?
    I mean, as a member myself, there isn't much I can do, but if you need any help.. o.o
  • MissFortuneMissFortune
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,530
    Things are being worked on. So try not to worry ^_^.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    How can you abuse html? Sorry for dumb a question.. I'm not good with these things.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    @Hardmuscle Oh, i see... Some people have nothing better to do these days it seems... xD

Sherri[Deleted User]
  • mintielmintiel
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,855
    Probably a good idea to just go back to bbcode being used on forums instead of html. There's a reason why most forums on the net have had html options off for ages. It's honestly something not worth trusting people with, mostly because people are going to be people.
    [Deleted User]
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    edited December 24, 2016
    It's fun knowing that since I was probably the first in the entire mabi forums to do it: when everyone else tries to abuse it and gets banned for it is simply coming off as a bad copycat-crime and giving me fuel to gloat.

It makes me feel sad........Not :')

But I love the creativity it brings and it'd be fun to have it back if some of the css could be blocked. I'd draw cool backgrounds for every individual post if I could