Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

AFK Event Exploit bots

AgentJeanAgentJean
Mabinogi Rep: 3,775
in General Chat
Any rules against these cretins? You know the ones I'm talking about, they create a character with same name with a number and there will be like 5 or 10 all grouped together in Tir by Duncan
CarlizeTheNyanCat

Comments

• SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    and that is why we can't have nice things. As in, not you telling on them, but people actually abusing this. Come on now, remember when some community events got cut rewards because people tried to enter multiple times and stuff? That's just frustrating.
  • SoraiteSoraite
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,680
    edited June 26, 2017
    Bots in general are a big problem and it's been even worse lately, i'll black list one and a new one will pop up 5min later..
    i don't use bots but i do use my own alts on the same account as my main to get more of the rewards. They just collect dust anyway, so i just afk on them while i do my summer research work, pays off well for me.
    Anyone remember when hebonas first came out and everyone exploited the event for it? :^)
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    You can use same account alts to banktrade apparently, so I cannot tell, really. Bots are different than alternate accounts.
  • AgentJeanAgentJean
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,775
    You can use same account alts to banktrade apparently, so I cannot tell, really. Bots are different than alternate accounts.

You can't be logged into more than 1 character at a time, these are clearly multiple accounts to exploit AFK events.
    TheNyanCatGretaTheDumbOneZeo
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    Siodhan wrote: »
    Come on now, remember when some community events got cut rewards because people tried to enter multiple times and stuff? That's just frustrating.

I don't remember that happening while I was around, but a number of people are already experiencing this with the conflict nerf. This only hurts the legitimate players, not the botters. All the botters have to do is slap down some code and make more bots to compensate for the nerf. :I If the events were nerfed, this same thing would happen. More bots to compensate for the loss.
    Twelie
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    It would be smarter to put your alt in their homestead, that way people don't get suspicious and complain. =P
    Goldtiger01KazuhanoriSylviaWolfeDanievictriapawcalypse
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    AgentJean wrote: »

You can't be logged into more than 1 character at a time, these are clearly multiple accounts to exploit AFK events.

I wasn't saying that. You can be logged into different characters separately, and the counter will apparently reward the first set of awards, then allowing the usage of bank trading to transfer things like seals to the main account, which apparently is possible, especially since this event does not requiring a registration at an event NPC.

Not sure of the veracity of this information, but if it is true, I cannot see if anything should be done against the players. If Nexon did not intend this, it seems it would be their responsibility to fix things.

Goldtiger01pawcalypse
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    You could try reporting them, either through live support or a ticket maybe? I would say take a screenshot of them with usernames showing just in case. Whether they'll do anything or not, I can't say :/ If it seems to be botters, I think they'll investigate it.
  • Radiant DawnRadiant Dawn
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,195
    i just stop caring about altogether long time ago. yes, i know its unfair and yes, there should be more limitations for said event items but its gone on for so long with nothing being done to even bother why be stressed over. it'll just annoy you more. they can always make event items none tradable/bankable. apparently they decided to leave it out this time for some odd reason or another -shrugs- i dunno just my 2 cents heh
    pawcalypseTwelie
  • AkirachuAkirachu
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,260
    edited June 26, 2017
    dwUzuvh.png i have that many and i dont even do it all
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    meh. The loophole was prolly allowed to increase server traffic. It served its purpose I guess.
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    edited June 26, 2017
    I just use different characters I have on the same account to collect some rewards from the current event... gotta have all those fruits.
    You could try reporting them, either through live support or a ticket maybe? I would say take a screenshot of them with usernames showing just in case. Whether they'll do anything or not, I can't say :/ If it seems to be botters, I think they'll investigate it.

This! If you suspect anyone for violating the Code of Conduct, your best bet would be to file a ticket or contact a live support and they'll investigate and deem whatever those users actually broke the Code of Conduct or not.
    Gretapawcalypse
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Just report them. I'm pretty sure they will ban them sooner or later.
    Zeo
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Rhey wrote: »
    meh. The loophole was prolly allowed to increase server traffic. It served its purpose I guess.

Artificial server traffic increase serves little purpose for the host when it generates no new income for them.

• hontoowarihontoowari
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,165
    You could also bank trade the items last year with this same event. The only good thing that couldn't be traded was the protection stone or w/e.

I don't see much of a problem if someone is using their alts on their one account, but bots are an issue since you know there's a lot of them. I also heard there's a glitch from a few people to cut the wait time on the bar down, so this would further help the botters.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    It feels like the word "alt" has been tainted as of late.

It no longer seems to mean "Characters that aren't my main, on my one and only account", but instead means "alternate account(s)".

Someone with multiple accounts, and the ability to log on to them simultaneously, effectively gets X times as many rewards as an ordinary player.
    Not just for events like this, either.

Really, just report suspected abusers.
    Don't fall victim to the apathetic mindset of "It's been going on for so long, why bother trying to stop it".
    GretabadnewsbarrettZeopawcalypseLeinei
  • dowiedowie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,800
    they'll be actioned with a few years ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    I really don't care what others do. They're just items. Yall need to relax and have a beer. :D
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    Gaea wrote: »
    I really don't care what others do. They're just items. Yall need to relax and have a beer. :D

Then after we have a beer or two we'll get drunk and find more things to complain about here!
    [I was joking.]
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Gaea wrote: »

Says the one who got salty on wing items and sold them just because they got too flashy all of sudden and everyone has them now. Rofl.
    CarlizeTweliePudgyHamsterLeinei