Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

AFK Event Exploit bots

Comments

• RalikinRalikin
    Mabinogi Rep: 815
    edited June 29, 2017
    Zeo wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »
    Sure, lets just not acknowledge my later comment.

Well, to be fair... the GMs don't really decide when we get the future content as that's mainly up to KR to decide when we get new patch and whatnot. I'm sure it is the same for most events too... so...

And yes, people will continue to find another way to abuse stuffs even if they got in trouble or anything but you wouldn't want your main to be banned for doing those kind of things, would you?

This leads to the question that I never got a confirmed answer to; is this setup acceptable?

K0yu5GE.jpg
  • kingjames488kingjames488
    Mabinogi Rep: 725
    this event inspired me to finally get my alts past the tutorial.

I now have many golden things.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Rhey wrote: »
    Nexon used to have a wall of shame to deter and discourage bots and exploiters. They were also given temp bans from a day up to a month. I wonder what happened to it...

They did this in MapleStory, but I don't think they ever did that in Mabi?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Ralikin wrote: »

Well, to be fair... the GMs don't really decide when we get the future content as that's mainly up to KR to decide when we get new patch and whatnot. I'm sure it is the same for most events too... so...

And yes, people will continue to find another way to abuse stuffs even if they got in trouble or anything but you wouldn't want your main to be banned for doing those kind of things, would you?

This leads to the question that I never got a confirmed answer to; is this setup acceptable?

K0yu5GE.jpg

Wow your setup is so much better than mine. :O
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Ralikin wrote: »

K0yu5GE.jpg

Get two more so U can solo farm lords. :*
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    My setup is... laptop. :(
  • TsumikkiTsumikki
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,200
    A family friendly game ip wise -> people get an amount of pcs worth of the whole family. But
    it's like free refills, people designing the events consider it of course. You think those fruits and direct dyes are way too much? But it's summer, it's ok for the marketing to be little more aggressive. Exploitable rewards in one hand, annoying wing button in another (and at least this year it's movable and doesn't block keywords >:) so the feedback/complaints went through too).
  • RoodlesRoodles
    Mabinogi Rep: 740
    Oops, somebody forgot to put the untradable tag on the event items.
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    edited July 4, 2017
    What's so different with bots spamming Conflict to make more gold faster than anyone else, compare to these people making tons of gold by using excessive counts of alt from event? You do need to care about this problem because they will be the one who control the market price who has tons of gold (Let's say you offered 20m on the item, but these people offer like 50m+ and won't stop till they obtain it; congratz, now ppl will think that's the market price on that item). If you don't care, then stop complaining about market price. You brought this consequence so you deserve the pain.

Otherwise, Nexon needs to start looking over these 4~6+ PC connection from one.
    badnewsbarrettGretaBuffalosZeo
  • TairikuTairiku
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,910
    I mean less AFK events would probably solve this.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited July 5, 2017
    Ellisya wrote: »
    Nexon needs to start looking over these 4~6+ PC connection from one.

Some people live together and therefore have more than one pc/laptops. Some have more than one(I have 8) cuz they throw LAN parties and have friends/relatives come over to game/use em occasionally. It's a slippery slope tbh.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    edited July 5, 2017
    Rhey wrote: »
    Ellisya wrote: »
    Nexon needs to start looking over these 4~6+ PC connection from one.

Some people live together and therefore have more than one pc/laptops. Some have more than one(I have 8) cuz they throw LAN parties and have friends/relatives come over to game/use em occasionally. It's a slippery slope tbh.

I mean if they started tracking where gold and items were going with these sorts of situations they'd weed out 99% of the players who are actually living together. But that sort of investigation takes quite a bit of manually checking, I would imagine.