Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

The weekly server merge thread

Comments

• FinityFinity
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    edited July 16, 2017
    Zarric wrote: »
    I'm pretty much on the wagon with the NO server merges users. While people whine that we need it and post threads X amount of times a month, I don't think we need it really. Sure, you yes to merges lul people whine but there's an at least an equal amount of people or even more (while its not openly voiced here or in other places) that don't want a merge. It's never been a good ideal in most cases that I've read, and there are issues with it, majority being the names and certain once in a life time event things such as seal stones. That and merging servers often means that the game is dying, which it isn't like some believe to be happening.

Having all 4 servers merged into a single server will hurt the game a lot more than being as it is now. It's bad enough we have issues with the service/servers as is with 4 servers, and merging certain servers and any other server together will be a major mistake. The lag issues are a big deal and over-crowding will be an issue. For instance as of this moment, looking at the chart on the wiki Alexina's market ch is 1 by the obvious looks. It's stated to be 80% full. Now lets theoretically take Alexina and merge it with Ruairi or Tarlach. You now have a market channel that has 110%~120% fullness, thus the need to split the market into 2 channels at a minimum. Overall population is at 29%~32%, but the lag will be an issue for said theoretically merged server.
    ADDING channels will not solve that issue either, so the result will be a forced split for that. Next is the economy of said theoretically merged server, which will be messed up for awhile. Both servers have vast differences in price for each item and the middle price will not work right away, and users that had cheaper deals one day will then be faced with higher prices because of the merge. Sure maybe it'll be better eventually but the immediate effect on the economy will be quite obvious, and it will be painful for most.

Abb Neagh, Mari, Ch2

HAoDKYl.jpg

Tailteann, Mari, Ch2

GhOHp6F.jpg

Tara, Mari, Ch2

OV6VqwY.jpg

Game isn't dead? Oh look.
    Pictures are took around July 16th, Sunday, 6pm PST. No excuses for game being dead. It's pretty much same or worse every time I log in. And no I don't count people who are afk at Dunbarton or Belvast.
    2 days ago I had to give up on RTS daily elite because despite waiting 30+ mins literally no one came. Not a single person.
    badnewsbarrettNegumikokapapa
  • LostLinksLostLinks
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,330
    At this point we should just have a category in the forums called "server merge." But yea a merge is long over due.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Liyeta wrote: »

Hmm there was rin flying puppet for 15m around march i think.

giphy.gif

S-So-Sometimes I wonder why there isn't an auction house shop connected to other servers... :(
    Danievictria
  • dra011dra011
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,010
    Finity wrote: »
    I'm pretty much on the wagon with the NO server merges users. While people whine that we need it and post threads X amount of times a month, I don't think we need it really. Sure, you yes to merges lul people whine but there's an at least an equal amount of people or even more (while its not openly voiced here or in other places) that don't want a merge. It's never been a good ideal in most cases that I've read, and there are issues with it, majority being the names and certain once in a life time event things such as seal stones. That and merging servers often means that the game is dying, which it isn't like some believe to be happening.

Having all 4 servers merged into a single server will hurt the game a lot more than being as it is now. It's bad enough we have issues with the service/servers as is with 4 servers, and merging certain servers and any other server together will be a major mistake. The lag issues are a big deal and over-crowding will be an issue. For instance as of this moment, looking at the chart on the wiki Alexina's market ch is 1 by the obvious looks. It's stated to be 80% full. Now lets theoretically take Alexina and merge it with Ruairi or Tarlach. You now have a market channel that has 110%~120% fullness, thus the need to split the market into 2 channels at a minimum. Overall population is at 29%~32%, but the lag will be an issue for said theoretically merged server.
    ADDING channels will not solve that issue either, so the result will be a forced split for that. Next is the economy of said theoretically merged server, which will be messed up for awhile. Both servers have vast differences in price for each item and the middle price will not work right away, and users that had cheaper deals one day will then be faced with higher prices because of the merge. Sure maybe it'll be better eventually but the immediate effect on the economy will be quite obvious, and it will be painful for most.

Abb Neagh, Mari, Ch2

HAoDKYl.jpg

Tailteann, Mari, Ch2

GhOHp6F.jpg

Tara, Mari, Ch2

OV6VqwY.jpg

Pictures are took around July 16th, Sunday, 6pm PST. No excuses for game being dead. It's pretty much same or worse every time I log in. And no I don't count people who are afk at Dunbarton or Belvast.
    2 days ago I had to give up on RTS daily elite because despite waiting 30+ mins literally no one came. Not a single person.

The game isn't dead dying is the word you are looking for there the game being dead would mean no one logging on at all but people still do regardless if they are afk or not they still login to the game.
    GretaTairiku
  • FinityFinity
    edited July 16, 2017
    dra011 wrote: »
    Finity wrote: »

Abb Neagh, Mari, Ch2

HAoDKYl.jpg

Tailteann, Mari, Ch2

GhOHp6F.jpg

Tara, Mari, Ch2

OV6VqwY.jpg

The game isn't dead dying is the word you are looking for there the game being dead would mean no one logging on at all but people still do regardless if they are afk or not they still login to the game.

Any MMO shouldn't be that empty especially on their most active channel. Afk people are not any better than people who are offline.
    Anyway I agree it's not 'completely' dead but indeed it is dying, seriously.
    badnewsbarrettTairikukapapa
  • MiricielMiriciel
    Mabinogi Rep: 815
    edited July 16, 2017
    Guys.... Stop talking about "Game is dead"

There are many people who check the forums to see the state of the game, seeing these issues are make them go away. Apart, they are sick to the community, I worry about seeing these issues, I returned a few months ago and I love Mabi, but seeing these issues only make me wonder: Is it worth wasting my time raising these talents?

Instead of talking if the Game isdead, do Themes on how to improve the game, promote it (We can do the same) and give ideas to NEXON, we have good moderators who can give us that hand so that NEXON hears us and knows that we do not want Mabi Closing, is an excellent game, needs its improvements and its updates, but it is far one of the best created MMOs, to the height of Ragnarok Online and World of Warcraft. If you surrender, NEXON will also surrender.

On merging Server, it is a good idea to reflect a game with a lot of people, however keep in mind that this leads to a server overload and stability will be reduced (DC, Kicks, Lag).

Greetings.... :'(
    GretaDanievictria
  • FaithrendFaithrend
    Mabinogi Rep: 985
    Merge the severs into 1 add channels
  • SenpipeSenpipe
    Mabinogi Rep: 610
    Rofl they actually merged the server merg threads? hahahaha Ded game xD
  • YokkaichiYokkaichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    JoeyDee9 wrote: »

So your issues are;
    -Economy
    -Lag
    -Merging all 4 servers.

My response.

-Economy will fix itself in 1-2 weeks tops.
    -Adding more players will not change how laggy the game is. If Nexon decided to do a server merge the smart thing is to use a more powerful server for the newly merged ones. But even then from what I see a merge between two of the game servers wouldn't even need a more powerful server.
    -I don't want all four merged either. Merge Ruairi and Tarlach, leave Mari and Alexina alone.
    I think that would be the best solution. Before trying to make any kind of server merge though, Nexon needs to fix the servers themselves. No point in merging servers if they're still gonna crash every week.

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Would merging servers really help the economy?
    Yes, short term, buyers of gacha items will be happy; but when the market becomes flooded with items that are suppose to be rare; then it is no longer a rare item. They may counter my making it even harder to get the item(s) from gacha.

Most people tend to think that if prices are low then people are happy and then the economy is ok.
    In reality, healthy economies are economies of growth; price rise, produce more, demand more, higher income.

Of course the problem with most mabi server economies is items that are seemingly too expensive.

The problem with the economy is the dependence on these rare expensive items which hurt the consumer; but doesn't really hurt the game economy.
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    Yes, short term, buyers of gacha items will be happy; but when the market becomes flooded with items that are suppose to be rare; then it is no longer a rare item. They may counter my making it even harder to get the item(s) from gacha.

Most people tend to think that if prices are low then people are happy and then the economy is ok.
    In reality, healthy economies are economies of growth; price rise, produce more, demand more, higher income.

Of course the problem with most mabi server economies is items that are seemingly too expensive.

The problem with the economy is the dependence on these rare expensive items which hurt the consumer; but doesn't really hurt the game economy.

The thing with that is though, even without a merge, sooner or later the markets become flooded with "rare" items when they're re-released anyway. So they'll still be hard to get at first, sure, but later on they won't be when Nexon uses them as fillers alongside something else that's rare.

For example, the Monochrome Dominion Wings were 100m+ in Tarlach during first release. Now you can get them for like 15m or less, since they're in Eweca. Eventually most items aren't rare anymore. I don't think they'd change that just because of a merge.

The thing with that is though, even without a merge, sooner or later the markets become flooded with "rare" items when they're re-released anyway. So they'll still be hard to get at first, sure, but later on they won't be when Nexon uses them as fillers alongside something else that's rare.

For example, the Monochrome Dominion Wings were 100m+ in Tarlach during first release. Now you can get them for like 15m or less, since they're in Eweca. Eventually most items aren't rare anymore. I don't think they'd change that just because of a merge.

If the rate of obtaining those re-released items is the same and the servers are merged; then you can bet prices falling even further.
    The problem outlined isn't the supply. It's the demand. Demand falls to 0, supply still exists. Now, that causes problem in the economy because now you'll have goods that have nowhere to go.
    But demand won't hit 0, because sellers will already feel the pinch on their investment before that. And demand will fall pretty quickly because people will think, well a whole bunch of people also have the same item; it will be a bad investment to buy it and resell it in the future when I no longer want it because potentially almost everyone will have one kind of scenario aka market crash.
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    It's kinda funny to see people worrying about market and economy rather than game itself. Once game dies, your market and economy will die too. Looking at the big picture is very crucial instead of counting small stuffs like that. Plus, it seems people still like to be a "special one" by keeping rare items. How selfish... (smh)
    badnewsbarrettFinityGretaDanievictriaTairikukapapa
    Ellisya wrote: »
    It's kinda funny to see people worrying about market and economy rather than game itself. Once game dies, your market and economy will die too. Looking at the big picture is very crucial instead of counting small stuffs like that. Plus, it seems people still like to be a "special one" by keeping rare items. How selfish... (smh)

The day the game dies is if the game is no longer making money, Nexon as a company dies, some geopolitical event that shuts down the business and game, the world gets destroyed.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    -I don't want all four merged either. Merge Ruairi and Tarlach, leave Mari and Alexina alone.
    B-Bu-But...I wanna meet and greet Joey-senpai!~I can show U my collections of shiny stuffz and we can run things and U let me see those 100k flamebursts in action...? sorry.gif

Also dat shipping~RuairiXTarlach~

The fanfic is strong dere. inlove.gif

• YokkaichiYokkaichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    Rhey wrote: »
    B-Bu-But...I wanna meet and greet Joey-senpai!~I can show U my collections of shiny stuffz and we can run things and U let me see those 100k flamebursts in action...? sorry.gif

Also dat shipping~RuairiXTarlach~

The fanfic is strong dere. inlove.gif
    RuairixTarlach...

giphy.gif

Y E S
    Rhey
  • BlortadBlortad
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,490
    Quit asking for a server merge, the lag is already bad enough as it is. Before the game can handle something like a server merge we need to have better servers in the first place and probably better netcode too, ask for that instead. If they merge servers WITHOUT either or both of those things happening first, it will make the game just short of unplayable because none of my skills will happen until 5 seconds after I press the button. Even on low pop servers like Ruairi, ppl avoid populated channels due to lag, imagine if every channel had lag as bad as ch1.
    Blortad wrote: »
    Quit asking for a server merge, the lag is already bad enough as it is. Before the game can handle something like a server merge we need to have better servers in the first place and probably better netcode too, ask for that instead. If they merge servers WITHOUT either or both of those things happening first, it will make the game just short of unplayable because none of my skills will happen until 5 seconds after I press the button. Even on low pop servers like Ruairi, ppl avoid populated channels due to lag, imagine if every channel had lag as bad as ch1.

On Mari, market channel is on 2, so ch1 is a safe haven ^_^
    1) Replying to your first reply. I was trying to imply the worst case scenario where a lot of players are getting gachas and rare items and flooding the market to the point where no one wants anything. Of course the likeliness of this happening is low, but it does increase in happening with a server merger, or the potential that it could happen grows.

2) Yes, while the increase in population could create more fluidity in the market, that's what economists want in a healthy economy. Fluidity and movement of money and goods in the market; but the problem is a lot of gear, weapons and clothes aren't considered consumable in the game. While durability does die in gear over time; unlike consumable items; more supply of durable items for a stagnant for falling population on a server would be bad. You will need a growing population of active players in order for this to be a valid argument.

Unless we know that population will continue to increase after servers are merged; our speculations on whether it will be good for the economy or not will remain as speculation.
  • FinityFinity
    edited July 17, 2017
    Ellisya wrote: »

The day the game dies is if the game is no longer making money, Nexon as a company dies, some geopolitical event that shuts down the business and game, the world gets destroyed.

It's not even that. Nexon could simply make conclusion that game isn't profitable enough to bare the cost of running it, and just give up the game. Nexon as a company will be fine.