Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

A Grand Horror Story

ApologistApologist
Mabinogi Rep: 1,205
in General Chat
My roommate spent $2000 on the eweca stones boxes. And He failed em all. I was gunna try my luck with a box or two but now I'm scared...

Moral of the story...Don't be like my room mate. You don't need them. He's been balling his eyes out in a corner for two days now. He only wanted to step 7 his bhafel hunter and Celtic druid staff.

tumblr_inline_nhaus0TwVb1st68j5.gif

PLz use disposable income only if you're still gunna try anyways~
    No results for this poll

Comments

• ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited July 21, 2017
    I'm guessing he didn't run the alban secret hall with anton cimeni anvils to drag that success rate up to 45% from 30% so I have no sympathy :/ yeah it's pretty bad that he failed like 27 times.... but he could have had higher success chance :/

sorry to hear this... already planned not to buy any ^^; but that's simply because I'm almost broke irl atm

maybe he can sell all those excess rebirth pots to buy another stone or 2 and a anton cimeni stone and try again with better odds
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    W-wow...
    That's pretty upsetting.
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    This is why I'd never buy that stuff. It's just not worth the money.
    TheNyanCatGretaTairikuKimberly
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    I guess your room mate doesn't have the cash to pay rent now. lol.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Next time have your friend drop by for budgetary lessons. Anytime someone decides to spend a large sum of money, they need to reevaluate before proceeding...
    $2,000...
    Nowadays when people with over $100k annual income live off of paycheck to paycheck in some places, $2,000 is a luxury and a poor decision was made.
    badnewsbarrettTairiku
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited July 21, 2017
    aP7CjWJ.gif

Truly...a scary tale.

Once I finish step6 on my 2nd 56th 48th CRk I'll prolly...maybe...idk...not so sure now...try it myself.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Rhey wrote: »
    aP7CjWJ.gif

Truly...a scary tale.

Once I finish step6 on my 2nd 56th 48th CRk I'll prolly...maybe...idk...not so sure now...try it myself.

Oh you... :D
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    on the bright side he can max all his skills now >.>
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    It's kinda cruel and mean to say but
    more like "The End of Greedy"...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,045
    edited July 21, 2017
    I don't know if I should believe OP. I mean it's definitely possible for this to happen, but it's like really way too rare.

Assuming Nexon's random number generator is truly uniformly distributed (which may be a kind assumption)
    If OP's friend spent $2000 that's 25 boxes; 25 of each stone.
    If OP's friend was only using one single type of stone,
    the chance to fail 25 times in a row is 1 in 7456.
    This is somewhat plausible, but really rare still .0134% chance of this occurring.
    (This is akin to failing a 99% chance twice in a row (.01%))
    But it's likely that their staff is blue upgrade and their trying to get to s7.
    (I mean why the hell would you bother trying to upgrade another item over a bhafel, if you still haven't succeeded)
    And the chance to fail 50 times in a row at a rate of 30% is about one in 55.6 million. (.0000018% chance)
    (This is roughly twice the chance of failing failing 99% four times in a row)
    Do it yourself calculation: (0.7)^50.

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited July 21, 2017
    Spy wrote: »
    I don't know if I should believe OP. I mean it's definitely possible for this to happen, but it's like really way too rare.

Assuming Nexon's random number generator is truly uniformly distributed (which may be a kind assumption)
    This is somewhat plausible, but really rare still .0134% chance of this occurring.
    (I mean why the hell would you bother trying to upgrade another item over a bhafel, if you still haven't succeeded)
    And the chance to fail 50 times in a row at a rate of 30% is about one in 55.6 million. (.0000018% chance)

You must be fun at parties.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,045
    Greta wrote: »

You must be fun at parties.

I'm the king of every party I've ever been to. (zero)
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175

I've fail 99% twice in a row many times b4. I know people who failed 99% twice in a row many time b4 as well. This is Nexon's Rng. I'm not even surprise. Op's friend just caught Nexon's fickle Mistress on a bad day. :*
  • TairikuTairiku
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,910
    Your friend has a gambling problem.
    Xiokun
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    Don't buy these 70 dollar boxes. Buy yourself some video games instead, or a console, or a brand new computer with all that kind of money. Please? The ewcea stone thing that happened to that guy is just terrible. :<
    Greta
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited July 22, 2017
    Xiokun wrote: »
    Don't buy these 70 dollar boxes. Buy yourself some video games instead, or a console, or a brand new computer with all that kind of money. Please? The ewcea stone thing that happened to that guy is just terrible. :<

Seriously. When i think about it... I could buy a whole and new released game with all additions. Or do a nice feast/party with friends or family with 70$. The guy who wasted 2000$... I could buy a new powerful laptop with that price. R.I.P the waste is real here.
  • JoeyDee9JoeyDee9
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,065
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    Most likely fake.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    JoeyDee9 wrote: »
    Most likely fake.

No this story has been circulating for a few days now. Some player purchased 28 bundles and made it public.
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,135
    glad to see I'm not the only one bothered by the fact someone spent $2000 in one blow. sure, it's terrible luck, but I could think of better uses for that amount of money
  • KimberlyKimberly
    Mabinogi Rep: 810
    Tell him thanks for keeping the servers alive for us. :/
    badnewsbarrett수융_RuairiGretaCarlizeAichannSliciapawcalypse