Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Great Era of Commerce Part 2 Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/75598/great-era-of-commerce-part-2-patch-notes-july-28th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Humble Bragging

ApologistApologist
Mabinogi Rep: 1,205
Posts: 52
Member
edited July 25, 2017 in General Chat
People who humble brag is no different that reg ego stroking. But they get trigger if U point that out. Lost a friend I made a few days ago because he won't stop low-key bragging about his stuff. "It only took me 30 runs of elite XXX to make me two crk. No need to waste 20m for a pair""I spent like 50 bucks to get enough enchant protect pot to make a secret+67th floor lance. it's so easy""You can solo rabbie phantasm like me if you just get gud and buy 3 crystal deer off other players". Do these people ever stop and catch themselves? I mean not everyone is that privilege. It starts to get annoying when I'm used as a bowl to collect all your glory dusts you shake off to everyday. Jeez. :#
CarlizePan

Comments

  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 64,210
    Posts: 8,868
    Member
    I just display my gears, nothing needs to be said. :D
  • FarseerarentaFarseerarenta
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,085
    Posts: 77
    Member
    they can have whatever stuff they want.

    but the poison i put on my weapon is still gonna ignore all of it and do dmg based off HP % >=D

    Aerienna
  • RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,245
    Posts: 319
    Member
    edited July 25, 2017
    they can have whatever stuff they want.

    but the poison i put on my weapon is still gonna ignore all of it and do dmg based off HP % >=D

    You can accomplish the same thing by just using Dischord. (Assuming you were talking about PvP)
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,015
    Posts: 2,440
    Member
    At least the first statement seems advisory? I mean, yeah, the whole "I got this in only 30 elite runs!" is braggy, but they advise their friend to save their money and just gather the mats so they won't be out the 20m.
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,760
    Posts: 430
    Member
    edited July 25, 2017
    2TxGmgA.jpg
    y6f8YA9.png
    a65Dkkm.png


    I . don't actually play mabi
    Aerienna
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    Posts: 1,752
    Member
    Kouyioue wrote: »
    2TxGmgA.jpg
    y6f8YA9.png
    a65Dkkm.png


    I . don't actually play mabi

    I'm just confused why you felt the need to tell us that... and in this particular thread. Are we supposed to be impressed? Feel empathy? I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU WANT
    KensamaofmariImaizumiHarukariAeriennaCrimsọnGretaPanLeinei
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    Posts: 521
    Member
    I'm not too fond of people who actually brag or act like they're superior just because they accomplished something that not many players could do or just because some 'pro' clique accepted them into their group...

    But the situation you, the original poster, described... doesn't seem like he's being too braggy though... more like... just trying to give some advice to save money though I can see how it can rub the players off in a wrong way.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Posts: 1,499
    Member
    edited July 25, 2017
    I'd just let him ego stroke all he wants. Then make him walk his talk afterwards for lulz and giggles.

    gXSqXu.gif
    Yokkaichi
  • dowiedowie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,800
    Posts: 184
    Member
    Zeo wrote: »
    I'm not too fond of people who actually brag or act like they're superior just because they accomplished something that not many players could do or just because some 'pro' clique accepted them into their group...

    But the situation you, the original poster, described... doesn't seem like he's being too braggy though... more like... just trying to give some advice to save money though I can see how it can rub the players off in a wrong way.

    I think it actually sounds like getting lucky is the norm
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,045
    Apologist wrote: »
    People who humble brag is no different that reg ego stroking. But they get trigger if U point that out. Lost a friend I made a few days ago because he won't stop low-key bragging about his stuff. "It only took me 30 runs of elite XXX to make me two crk. No need to waste 20m for a pair""I spent like 50 bucks to get enough enchant protect pot to make a secret+67th floor lance. it's so easy""You can solo rabbie phantasm like me if you just get gud and buy 3 crystal deer off other players". Do these people ever stop and catch themselves? I mean not everyone is that privilege. It starts to get annoying when I'm used as a bowl to collect all your glory dusts you shake off to everyday. Jeez. :#

    Your first quote sounds like honestly sound advice. If your going to buy anything just buy the leftover mats you need, you gotta run something to make money anyways. (well aside from gacha spamming but thats for losers (am firm believer of 'never gacha') )

    Second quote: I mean what you gonna go blind on and enchant your lance with no enchant protection?
    Obviously you get enchant protection pots somehow, and you eventually luck out or quit the game.
    Its way cheaper than crafting another lance (presumably this is a very expensive lance otherwise why)

    Final quote: Soloing rabbie phantasm is literally for bragging rights. So I-I guess?

    I'm sure most of your problems with your former friend is lost in context, but the way you phrase things it sounds more like your envious. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • SomeNoobProSomeNoobPro
    Mabinogi Rep: 425
    Posts: 14
    Member
    ?? just ignore them, sometimes things are said out of passing but if its blatant ego stroking (there is no such thing as humble brag rofl) then just drop the convo, change channels, pretend to be afk etc. until they cool their heads. Some times people want to brag and that's okay but if it annoys you then just ignore them for the time being. It's the same with people who talk smack but don't have their gear or journal visible or only their gear and not their journal. People will brag one way or another in different shapes or forms. Out brag them or ignore them zzzz
  • YokkaichiYokkaichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    Posts: 323
    Member
    Rhey wrote: »
    I'd just let him ego stroke all he wants. Then make him walk his talk afterwards for lulz and giggles.

    gXSqXu.gif
    I'm definitely gonna steal that gif
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Posts: 1,499
    Member
    Yokkaichi wrote: »
    Rhey wrote: »
    I'd just let him ego stroke all he wants. Then make him walk his talk afterwards for lulz and giggles.

    gXSqXu.gif
    I'm definitely gonna steal that gif

    @Yokkaichi

    Have @ it.

    I've got plenty's. glasses.gif
  • YokkaichiYokkaichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    Posts: 323
    Member
    Rhey wrote: »
    Yokkaichi wrote: »
    Rhey wrote: »
    I'd just let him ego stroke all he wants. Then make him walk his talk afterwards for lulz and giggles.

    gXSqXu.gif
    I'm definitely gonna steal that gif

    @Yokkaichi

    Have @ it.

    I've got plenty's. glasses.gif
    Bring them all to meeeee!

    wRosIDwz.gif

  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 64,210
    Posts: 8,868
    Member
    Kouyioue wrote: »
    2TxGmgA.jpg
    y6f8YA9.png
    a65Dkkm.png


    I . don't actually play mabi

    Then why post? Seriously what was the point of this comment?
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,760
    Posts: 430
    Member
    edited July 26, 2017
    Because I can.

    Besides, it must've been very useful to quote a post containing 3 images in it a grand total of three times on the same page.

    giphy.gif

    Considering the context of the original post, it makes total sense to the topic anyways if you cared to actually read this topic in topdown order for what other peopl've said. They can't even confirm or deny that the man was actually doing anything of the sort. You've replied for the sole intent of replying, and that's just uggh.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    Posts: 1,752
    Member
    Kouyioue wrote: »
    .

    so you decided to brag on a thread where a guy is annoyed about people that brag. You just wanted to troll. Can you stop playing on the forums too? :P Brag about your low post count in a couple years
    LeineiGreta
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,015
    Posts: 2,440
    Member
    edited July 26, 2017
    @Kouyioue Just like it was so useful to screen-capture two additional offline day counts when the highest one would have made your point sufficiently?

    For that matter, a forum is a place for discussion, so I fail to see what you're trying to do by criticizing someone for the act of replying.

    robin_01.jpg
    Arjune
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,760
    Posts: 430
    Member
    edited July 26, 2017
    Read the first few posts again and then read my last one, carefully, thoroughly. ~ completely.

    Unless you're both too busy sniding for forum rep.
    vvpraGn.gif

    I'll make it easy to remember: Since there's no feedback from the original poster, you can't confirm nor deny that their subject was either bragging or just trying to keep them from committing to a setback.

    Nowwwwww then, all people can really do is point these things out, or make light of the situation by providing other options. Capiche?

    Have some fun, give him options. Or go away.

    EDIT:(below) And still are. It's amazing how little you regulars care for your own forums crapposting out in the open like this, where are the moderators, hmm? Discord? How careless they can't even visit their own forum. Guess I have to pay them a visit just to fix your derailed whining.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,765
    Posts: 6,975
    Member
    yNiBv8S.gif
    LostLinks