Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

GM Carpenter

SyrentusSyrentus
Mabinogi Rep: 1,140
in General Chat
Can we talk about how "Create 3 Arbalests" is a mission? That right there is 3 Radiant Strings, which is enough to make a CRX-Bow...They're insanely difficult to get your hands on, let alone 3. There's cruel GM Missions, then there's just down right impossible/not happening. Ugh. Guess this is going to take longer than I anticipated.
Goldtiger01

Comments

• SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    30 finest firewood that the guy will just up and keep too. Just...horribad. I ended up repeating the 100 firewood one over and over. Still not done, went to rb into something else in the meantime. Boring.
  • FinityFinity
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    Revamped GM
    Didn't revamp GM missions
    Like every other outdated contents in game
    SherricourtneyyKimberlyGoldtiger01Jayy124XiokunGakkuriaquapawcalypse
  • KokoroKokoro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155
    I feel that Radiant [Tough] Strings used to be uncommon drops until suddenly they became rarer than Hebona Robes.

Rest in Peace crafted HLBs and Arbalests.
    Goldtiger01
  • AgentJeanAgentJean
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,775
    Skip it and get another mission.

You think I ever did the 4 player missions for Warrior when they first added Grandmaster.
    Nope!
    MikuV3SyrentusGoldtiger01Kokoro
  • SyrentusSyrentus
    AgentJean wrote: »
    Skip it and get another mission.

You think I ever did the 4 player missions for Warrior when they first added Grandmaster.
    Nope!

very true, anymore though the 4 Persons aren't nearly as difficult and people seem to actively enjoy running them. But there's just downright no way you can get assistance for Radiant Strings. Not only do you have to spam for the pass, you have to pray you or one of your 3 assumed friends get the drop. This dungeon revamp has me in rage too. As someone who just came back a month ago to all of these changes since 2015. The dungeon revamp by far irks me the most.
    Goldtiger01KokoroilPiantissimo
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Yeah, between "putting forth way too much effort than is worth", "using up valuable materials for 1 GM seal", or just NOT doing those missions and taking extra time to earn this Grandmaster, I always went for the last option.
  • SyrentusSyrentus
    It's equally frustrating because I was under the impression I was going to be able to use this as an excuse to get closer to Master of Carpentry title for the quality bonus. But now I'm just wasting tons of mats in order to get the GM Bonus.
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    For tailor GM I was given a quest to make three Long Swordsmanship School Uniform (F).

Notice that there is no know way to get that tailor pattern.
    Maia
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    jjeremy wrote: »
    For tailor GM I was given a quest to make three Long Swordsmanship School Uniform (F).

Too awesome.
  • RedetsuRedetsu
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,190
    jjeremy wrote: »

It's actually the Short Swordsmanship School Uniform (F).
    I made a thread about this on July 13th.
    Here is the thread if you wish to look

It was answered by GM Mewlynne.
    pawcalypse
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Syrentus wrote: »
    ...3 Radiant Strings...

giphy.gif

Anything asking 4 me to give up even just one Radiant strings outside of CRXBOW will trigger PTSD.
  • RoodlesRoodles
    Mabinogi Rep: 740
    Kokoro wrote: »
    I feel that Radiant [Tough] Strings used to be uncommon drops until suddenly they became rarer than Hebona Robes.

Rest in Peace crafted HLBs and Arbalests.

I used to have quite a few of them, way back when. My old Guild used to run AHM dungeons a lot looking for patron pieces/hebonas.

I think I just dropped them, since I couldn't find a single buyer.

Oh, how innocent I was.
    Kensamaofmari
  • RalikinRalikin
    Mabinogi Rep: 815
    edited August 2, 2017
    The OP perfectly describes my annoyance not only with Carpentry, but Medicine GM missions. While they're thankfully not as misleading as the tailoring mission that Redetsu mentioned, they do regularly ask for 300-point potions, Antidote potions or Poison Potions.

First one is insanely annoying to do, as you need 20 four-leaf clovers which is made via synthesis (rank 1 alchemy mastery, synthesis, transmutation and rain casting on top of RA title and uniform is only 87% success rate), a high rank weaving (at least rank 5) to make braids and enough space to fit 20 bottles of water, although the other two are nowhere near as bad, just needing rank 5 and rank 3 potion making respectively.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    After reading this, I'm just gonna lower my goals.
    ArchdukeValeCortez
  • ArchdukeValeCortezArchdukeValeCortez
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,380

Yeah, lower your goals! Don't reach for the stars! Give up on your dreams! Settle for mediocre!

Seriously, though the GM system sounds terrible. Why do people do them?
  • SylekSylek
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    edited August 3, 2017

Yeah, lower your goals! Don't reach for the stars! Give up on your dreams! Settle for mediocre!

Seriously, though the GM system sounds terrible. Why do people do them?

Apparently life skill grandmasters are just as much hell as the talents themselves. I've done Cleric and Mage so far.

@ArchdukeValeCortez , Grandmaster in general is a decent stat boost and now each one has a unique effect to make that talent just a little better. The stat boosts stack, the unique effects do not (but you can switch for 10 AP). I'm currently using GM Cleric since that's an exp boost for the party.
  • RoodlesRoodles
    Mabinogi Rep: 740
    Sylek wrote: »
    I'm currently using GM Cleric since that's an exp boost for the party.
    Are you included in the party?
    If so,
    Does the 50% still apply if you are the only one in the party?
    If so,
    Is it only for the EXP you receive from mobs?
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Roodles wrote: »
    Sylek wrote: »
    I'm currently using GM Cleric since that's an exp boost for the party.
    Are you included in the party?
    If so,
    Does the 50% still apply if you are the only one in the party?
    If so,
    Is it only for the EXP you receive from mobs?

I coulda sworn I didn't notice any extra exp when I was in a party by myself.
    And the bonus is just Combat EXP from mobs.
  • WandafWandaf
    Mabinogi Rep: 400
    "craft 3 HLB" is a thing too for the third mission of carpentry. (15 radiant strings)

but, you just have to be in the talent to pick your first GM mission, then you can choose easy/doable quests of different talents as long as you already picked at least one quest in that talent before.

for example, i pick first quest as a combat one (GM mission, short and easy : archer, warrior, puppet etc...), second one that need to be easy like carpentry or bard or whatever has horrid 1st and 3rd mission, and same on 3rd mission at the moment : blacksmith. With high rank synth and frag it's a walk in the park.
    I gamble on impossible missions when i won't mind having to give up... or have 300k to throw away

here to help pick easy quests :
    wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Talent/Grandmaster_Challenges

but don't forget the recent changes
    00J5Y-845d7556-29f6-4290-a74b-ff539fc63c88.png