Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Confirmed ; G21 this winter (kr)

Comments

• ObsimObsim
    Mabinogi Rep: 910
    ShouK wrote: »
    As a new-ish player, I'm just more stressed out that I have more generation (which story I couldn't care less that I skipped all the cutscenes and speed read the text) to complete.

You really missed out then. The story, while convoluted, is actually very good.
    SugarAngel
  • SugarAngelSugarAngel
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,220
    That's actually pretty rad, a leveling mission!
  • ObsimObsim
    edited August 22, 2017
    Zeo wrote: »
    @Zeo - True! It's late and had forgotten about DL. So assuming the Giant did everything I mentioned, plus divine linking, while they're in ladeca they would indeed have more max for that particular skillset. I will still say though, it's not practical for the Giant to do everything mentioned, just to be able to have roughly 30 more max than an Elf in that particular skillset, especially with them missing out on Str doing this, arguably a Giant's main stat. I don't think they'd be able to cap Str outside of Talent, while not using a Str cater. Maybe with ES, not going to research it, if I'm wrong lemme know!

And Elves on the other hand will have their very similar max, along with having their main stat capped out. I just don't think it's worth it for the Giant to invest so much into it, while losing out on other skill sets. If you're only ever using one skill set, you're not doing it right.

Mmm, I see... so they do still outdamage the elves and depending on what % damage for some Chainslash skills they have... the 30 more max damage from the giants will be more noticeable because of the multiplier and even more noticeable when you use red upgrade on those weapons.. so I'm still pretty ticked about that, to be honest, haha.

But you do have a good point that giants probably won't be maining the Chainslash but if we are going to include the Strength in the account for giants... I have been doing some thinking and well.. if you put in the account of GMing all talents, they'd also get more Strength compared to before and they also get some Strength from Eweca skill and I'd assume giants get some strength naturally from leveling up too, with talent or not... and if you includes divine-linking your pet, the giant should almost be able to cap their Strength along with Dex so...

Lets do some math... assuming elves get the max of 931 with all the stats while giants get (roughly) 961 with all the stats PLUS Ladeca skill on...

Lets say one of the chainslash skillsets do 1000% damage at r1.

1000% x 931 would be equal to 9310 while 1000% x 961 would be equal to 9610.

Now... just having r1 critical hit would do 2.5x more damage everytime you crit plus level 50 Yvona renown to add 10% more crit and maybe step7 red upgrade which add in.. lets say maybe 75% for the chainslash weapon... so 3.35x crit.

For elves... 9310 x 3.35 = 31188.5
    For giants... 9610 x 3.35 = 32193.5

That's more than 1k difference of damage...

Now, let's factor the BFO and bone dragon chip (or weapon power potion) with those damage... I'll use... lets say... 40% BFO and the bone dragon chip increases the damage by 50%.

For elves... 31188.5 x BFO 40% = 43663.9
    For giants... 32193.5 x BFO 40% = 45070.9
    For elves... 43663.9 w/ Bone Dragon Chip or Weapon Power Potion = 65495.85
    For giants... 45070.9 w/ Bone Dragon Chip or Weapon Power Potion = 67606.35

So... yeah, there you go... 2k difference between the elves and giants in term of Chainslash damage... and I'm not sure if we'll get reforge stuffs for chainslash and if they'd add in more damage multipler or not but they'll be the factor in making giants end up doing more damage too if we do end up getting reforges that increase the damage multiplier for Chainslash skills ... of course, that is assuming the max damage formula for Chainslash is 2.5 dex per 1 max and 4 luck per 1 max so...

Wow, I am sure you are making the DEV's head spin, mine certainly is. I just play and upgrade things as I see fit without bringing the quantum physics into everything.
    Sherri
  • ObsimObsim
    Koken wrote: »
    Reading through this thread brings back an old itch of mine from the ancient forums.
    To see an Elf QQ thread spawn once more into this cold, dead, plane, of a forum.

All I can say is. QQ Moar. You sorry sacks of flesh that call yourselves elves, you whine and cry on every issue, be it fashionogi or combat to even events made for fun. May you forever rot in the great shadows cast by the Elves of KR Mabinogi, for you disgrace the very species you claim to be part.

Now, I do see some elves that are stepping up to fill that shadow. Not to knock on those respectable elves that pulled themselves out of the shadow of rot. Those elves do not QQ, for QQing is to stagnate, it is to cry about the changing status quo. You must adapt and fly like the falcons you are or have your wings clipped by staying on the changing ground.

While we beasts seem like we can take and dish out far greater than you in damage you will come to realize that your target game is far greater than ours. You can obliterate those that we cannot, the things that are immune to our wind and can cause it to falter.

All I see in you elves who whine and cry is simply, greed. You want to be the best in everything with no one ever reaching the halfway point of the pillar dedicated to your greatness.

So I say, Go Ahead, QQ Moar. It will make it easier to spot elves worth of their name so that others may help them move forward.

mwcmE8m.jpg

ok.... Lion-oh :D
    pawcalypse
  • ObsimObsim
    Maia wrote: »
    Humans suck, elves suck, giants suck. They should just introduce cat people with 2x damage in every skillset, fastest run speed, and make it a gacha only race. Gachanogi!

Make them addicted to catnip, and unless they get a fix their stats decrease.... THE GRIND IS REAL
  • ObsimObsim
    Falskull wrote: »
    horray we can now all play Ivy from Soul Calibur
    275?cb=20140820153200

ummmmm... she's slightly deformed and top heavy.... who could walk like that?
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    Spy wrote: »
    I personally hope this skillset is held hostage behind a "craft-wall", where the only available forms of the weapons can only be obtained by running adv hardmode dungeons and gathering crafting mats. :^(

Because this will increase the participation in adv hm dungeons, which will greatly reduce material prices in the future.
    And also because I'm an a-hole.

Honestly I wouldn't mind that as long as the drop rates were good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,045
    edited August 23, 2017
    @Iyasenu did you necro this thread? or did a mod merge your post?
    Whoever at fault, dont necro threads! (this thread has existed since july, it needs to die!)
    Let it rest in peace! Slumber in the abyss for the rest of internet eternity!
  • LonefoxLonefox
    Mabinogi Rep: 525
    Whoever at fault, dont necro threads! (this thread has existed since july, it needs to die!)

There a reason for it being left to rot when it regards upcoming content? Especially when we're still finding more info on said content, albeit slowly?
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265

Please!
    It wasn't even 2 weeks since the latest post!
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Pardon the slightly aged thread bump.
    Kinsoo over on Youtube uploaded some videos about the new Baltane mission things.
    At least the Elite versions of them.

First seems to be a mission specifically designed to help you level up.

In this video he's got 4x EXP, Cleric GM +50%, Enlightened Vision +45%, Baltane mission 3x
    So lots of multipliers for tons of EXP.

Normal difficulty, the mobs stop giving EXP once you reach current level 100. (lv 60 ~ 100)
    Elite difficulty, the pass to enter this difficulty can drop from mobs in the normal difficulty, stops giving EXP at 150. (lv 60 ~ 150)

There's also another mission, which seems to offer other rewards, like gold and crusader exp potions (70~200)

Needs a pass to enter this one, too, but doesn't seem to be a limit otherwise.

Preeeeetty snazzy.

This beautiful non-lagging combat.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    This may not have to do with G21 buuut it leads up to it. o.o
    I haven't done G19 or G20 yet. Waaay too difficult. It's sad when a total level 8000+ is scared.
    Though.. can anybody recommend a level that I should start it? Or should I now? (Pls no im scared qq)
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    Obsim wrote: »
    Falskull wrote: »
    horray we can now all play Ivy from Soul Calibur
    275?cb=20140820153200

ummmmm... she's slightly deformed and top heavy.... who could walk like that?

Nao does, doesn't she? Well she does prefer to teleport everywhere than walk so...
  • AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,910
    I'm excited for the new generation :3 G20 was a breeze, can't wait until 21 now that I'm even stronger!
  • nomigid15nomigid15
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,870
    Heh, everyone else is getting hyped for the new talent, while I'm just hoping they finally bump up the level req. for g19 and g20 so I can finally stop having them dropped in my lap before I've even started on G1.