Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

About forums

Comments

• BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Liberate wrote: »

Might as well make watercat a VFM too while we're at it.

9dnGeIh.png
    [Deleted User]Sebastian
  • watercat0watercat0
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,855
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    jjeremy wrote: »
    Note for the incoming nerds bound to attempt an explanation of proxies: */nexon.net/* blocks (auto-bans) proxy connections (Tor, Aol, etc.).
    I've not tried Tor or Aol, but proxies I've used seem to all work fine without any issues.
    The point in my saying that was to imply the spammer likely isn't using a proxy (connections to the site, not the game; Tor nodes are blocked by hundreds of thousands of sites, not just Nexon; and I learned of Aol on accident,.. It was an unpleasant surprise and was easily corrected after; Aol has a "Make me invisible" option). Admitting to use of one is not very brilliant either, as they violate the terms and open the door to multi-client play, but that's a whole entirely different topic. ~ All I was saying is it shouldn't be too hard to figure out who's behind the bots.
    watercat0 wrote: »
    That is not going to work, you cant fight IP block with IP random, every forum i know always has these and all fail to block the correct IP because people use different IPs.
    There are only two possible ways for you to know that, and while it's true to say a majority of people are not using a static IP, they're not very likely to shuffle ISPs more than once every couple of years either. This means if they connect with sbcglobal from "Texas" ("something well known"), filing a complaint against them, or taking legal action, would be a piece of cake.

Are you sure that Nexon will even bother suing a company for doing something a forum is doing bad at. Just claiming that its the company fault isn't going to work at all when everyone knows its nexon doing all the code on vanilla forums not anyone else. they will never do it, too risky and waste of money.

This is why i said IP blocking isnt going to work.
  • AquasolAquasol
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,465
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    I think we can all stop with the accusations of who's doing what, or thinking that nothing will be done or hasn't been thought about.

As annoying as the spam is, it will only be a temporary thing, and what's most important is that it gets taken care of. It may not be exactly when it happens, but it still ends up removed.
    [Deleted User]LiberateAtaraxiz
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited September 4, 2017
    7 pages of spam bot threads.

cXdKI80.jpg

And it's still going.
    [Deleted User]
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    Did this thread get hidden?

It's under "Town Square" but I can't find it in Town Square.
    [Deleted User]
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Ok, now that made sense.

The notification I get still calls it "Seriously, 6 pages?"
    [Deleted User]
  • AquasolAquasol
    Where were you to bark at people for calling moderators slaves? Oh that's right; you aren't one. Sweeping the problem under the carpet is not the proper way to deal with it. Just because they will eventually be erased does not mean they don't cause any damage. ~ Here and now.

I can still advise and make suggestions; I'm not doing any moderating here but instead giving a personal opinion, because I don't like seeing threads devolve into fingerpointing and personal attacks. I'm also a bit more informed in regards to the spam because I've personally dealt with it, much as with the Mabi VFMs here.

I'm saying that while I know that the spambots are annoying, the VFMs are doing what they can to clean things up on top of other duties. People taking things out on them isn't going to help any.
  • watercat0watercat0
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,855
    Aquasol wrote: »
    I think we can all stop with the accusations of who's doing what, or thinking that nothing will be done or hasn't been thought about.

As annoying as the spam is, it will only be a temporary thing, and what's most important is that it gets taken care of. It may not be exactly when it happens, but it still ends up removed.
    You're right. ~ It's probably my imagination.....
    watercat0 wrote:
    we will just keep coming back

Or maybe i'm protecting the forum from a more evil person and i'm only a midboss.
    [Deleted User]
  • AquasolAquasol
    That wasn't my point. I said that because you didn't advise or make any suggestions to the topic until it was a chance to say something to me, and to me only. Where's your advising people not to call moderators slaves, or advising people not to be mean to the moderators? Where is it?

I'm not singling you out, nor did I come here to do that. In fact I don't think I've ever really talked to you, much if at all? But I have made comments and suggestions in previous threads.
    You wait until the thread has been merged and reduced into two pages from ten before you take this out on me? I was not the fire in this topic until you entered the equation.

I'm not taking anything out on you, either. Since there seems to be a bit of a misunderstanding, I think we should take this to a PM and hash it out, because you've got the wrong idea if this is what you're taking away from it.
    [Deleted User]
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    edited September 7, 2017
    Like seriously

WILL IT TOOK YOU A YEAR TO FIX THIS?!

Image removed(MissFortune)
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    It is 4 PST, and 7 EST in the US. They sleep you know.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Someone make a I Sleep meme
  • MissFortuneMissFortune
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,530
    Those should be taken care of now.
    [Deleted User]
  • AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,910
    To be honest, we're really just preaching to the choir xD Lol.

They're aware, but they have things to do, lives to live just as much as us. They understand the issue, but Mabi can't always take priority :o

The gist of what I mean is: VFMs are human like all of us. They're ordinary players on the game, they just are able to close threads and ban people from the forums. That said, it's more or less the higher ups (Nexon Employees) who can do something permanent about this, and I'm sure they're working on a solution.

I completely agree something should be done, but I also believe something will be done. In the meantime, let's continue to give Nexon Suggestions and report any bots that come around ^~^;
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    WILL IT TOOK YOU A YEAR FIGURE THE PERMANENT FIX?
    Unless they track this person down and put a bullet between their eyes; this can't be "fixed"; only prevented.

Well....why cannot we do that? :|
    [Deleted User]
  • LeiliciaLeilicia
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,220
    It can't be fixed because they'll just make a new account, somehow get approved and spam again.
    [Deleted User]
    Oh, so the execution thing was a joke? Okay....

giphy.webp

*Puts knife away
    [Deleted User]
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited September 8, 2017
    You still expect them to fix this? PSH...

I'm still waiting for that "soon" on custom avatars. It's been what? 10 months? Smh.
    Don't freaking "soon" us with promises and do nothing after that.
    Seriously, does it take that much of effort for a company like this???? I know you guys need to take care of a lot of things in other games too, but sureeee, just abandon the game which gives you the least profit here since our community is not big enough...
    Ataraxiz
  • SheenaSheena
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,515
    Maybe when every single shadow mission reward ends up like this:

EXP: 1
    Gold: 1