Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Renovation Season 3 Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/74541/renovation-season-3-patch-notes-may-26th-2022
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

About forums

Comments

• HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Mabinogi Rep: 13,035
    edited September 5, 2017

• watercat0watercat0
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,855
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    Aquasol wrote: »
    I think we can all stop with the accusations of who's doing what, or thinking that nothing will be done or hasn't been thought about.

As annoying as the spam is, it will only be a temporary thing, and what's most important is that it gets taken care of. It may not be exactly when it happens, but it still ends up removed.
    You're right. ~ It's probably my imagination.....
    watercat0 wrote:
    we will just keep coming back

Or maybe i'm protecting the forum from a more evil person and i'm only a midboss.
    Hardmuscle
  • AquasolAquasol
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,255
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    That wasn't my point. I said that because you didn't advise or make any suggestions to the topic until it was a chance to say something to me, and to me only. Where's your advising people not to call moderators slaves, or advising people not to be mean to the moderators? Where is it?

I'm not singling you out, nor did I come here to do that. In fact I don't think I've ever really talked to you, much if at all? But I have made comments and suggestions in previous threads.
    You wait until the thread has been merged and reduced into two pages from ten before you take this out on me? I was not the fire in this topic until you entered the equation.

I'm not taking anything out on you, either. Since there seems to be a bit of a misunderstanding, I think we should take this to a PM and hash it out, because you've got the wrong idea if this is what you're taking away from it.
    Hardmuscle
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    edited September 5, 2017
    *waves white flag at .. @Aquasol
    watercat0 wrote: »
    Or maybe i'm protecting the forum from a more evil person and i'm only a midboss.
    nbZ6YtF.gif

• HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,370
    edited September 7, 2017
    Like seriously

WILL IT TOOK YOU A YEAR TO FIX THIS?!

Image removed(MissFortune)
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    The mods are aware of it, but... much like us, they sleep. (I know it's a surprise, but it's true... they really do sleep); and you should remove that image; else you're advertising the same bs they are.. lol. What is there to fix? Unless they track this person down and put a bullet between their eyes; this can't be "fixed"; only prevented.
    AellTheNyanCat
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,290
    It is 4 PST, and 7 EST in the US. They sleep you know.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,160
    Someone make a I Sleep meme
  • MissFortuneMissFortune
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,530
    Those should be taken care of now.
    Hardmuscle
  • AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,910
    To be honest, we're really just preaching to the choir xD Lol.

They're aware, but they have things to do, lives to live just as much as us. They understand the issue, but Mabi can't always take priority :o

The gist of what I mean is: VFMs are human like all of us. They're ordinary players on the game, they just are able to close threads and ban people from the forums. That said, it's more or less the higher ups (Nexon Employees) who can do something permanent about this, and I'm sure they're working on a solution.

I completely agree something should be done, but I also believe something will be done. In the meantime, let's continue to give Nexon Suggestions and report any bots that come around ^~^;
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,370
    WILL IT TOOK YOU A YEAR FIGURE THE PERMANENT FIX?
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Unless they track this person down and put a bullet between their eyes; this can't be "fixed"; only prevented.

TheDumbOneMikuV3
    Unless they track this person down and put a bullet between their eyes; this can't be "fixed"; only prevented.

Well....why cannot we do that? :|
    Hardmuscle
  • LeiliciaLeilicia
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,220
    It can't be fixed because they'll just make a new account, somehow get approved and spam again.
    Hardmuscle
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    edited September 7, 2017
    @Blissfulkill

The only way to "fix" this would be to apply a number of different restrictions, and even then it wouldn't be perfect.

http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/6196/about-forums/p1

http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/6275/posting-privileges
    Oh, so the execution thing was a joke? Okay....

giphy.webp

*Puts knife away
    Hardmuscle
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,765
    edited September 8, 2017
    You still expect them to fix this? PSH...

I'm still waiting for that "soon" on custom avatars. It's been what? 10 months? Smh.
    Don't freaking "soon" us with promises and do nothing after that.
    Seriously, does it take that much of effort for a company like this???? I know you guys need to take care of a lot of things in other games too, but sureeee, just abandon the game which gives you the least profit here since our community is not big enough...
    Ataraxiz
  • SheenaSheena
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,515
    Maybe when every single shadow mission reward ends up like this:

EXP: 1
    Gold: 1
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    Sheena wrote: »

Perhaps OP is not talking about in game bots but forum ad bots..
  • watercat0watercat0
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,855
    Ellisya wrote: »
    Sheena wrote: »

Perhaps OP is not talking about in game bots but forum ad bots..

why not both?