Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

who/what introduced you to mabinogi?

Comments

• Naomii66Naomii66
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,770
    o: wow your stories how you got into mabi is a lot more interesting than mine lmao xDDD
    [Deleted User]
  • YianKutKuYianKutKu
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,700
    @Gaea - NOOOO It was so bad, I was still a weeby teenager back then, ugh! xD

@Hardmuscle - I still play on and off. The lore and quests pretty much keep me addicted, but I take half-year breaks in between content nowadays. It really has gone downhill though, shame...
    [Deleted User]
  • YokkaichiYokkaichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    Went over to a friend's house who wanted to show me Maplestory on her computer. She urged me to download it so we could play together when I got back home. I downloaded Maplestory, but while waiting for the download, I browsed the other games available and found Mabinogi. I was intrigued by the anime-like graphics, which anime and manga were something I was getting into at the time, so I downloaded Mabi too. Mabi finished downloading faster so I played it first, made a few friends, joined a guild, and the rest is history.
  • SamuelalexSamuelalex
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,350
    An old friend from another site told me about the game, but after about a week she quit and disappeared completely so for awhile I was all alone fishing in tir because that time it was the only thing I liked to do. I met my first friend who became more of a mentor towards me to teach me to fight and give me my first armor set (which I still keep as a loving memento). That was about 8 years ago and looking back to those early days makes me feel very nostalgic.
  • ShadowtivaniShadowtivani
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,015
    my brother got me into it just after the open beta, EU then opened and i played that until the day it died then came back to NA and i've been here ever since
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    YianKutKu wrote: »
    @Gaea - NOOOO It was so bad, I was still a weeby teenager back then, ugh! xD

Well I was bored AF at the time and was looking for something new to play. Glad it ended up being Mabinogi.

Here's to a decade of our lives! Cheers!
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Um...where is the edit function?
    [Deleted User]
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    @Gaea ~ The edit function was edited out of the editor to stop us from editing our edits. :smirk: :cry:

Um and what is this rank B stuff? WHAT **** IS GOING ON.
    [Deleted User]
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Thinking back, I'm not sure what introduced me to Mabi.
    It was probably just me noticing Mabinogi in the list of Nexon games.
    I was playing MapleStory back then, so that's probably what happened.
    I know what made me stick around, though.

Those Lorna and Pan videos.
    I still love those.
  • Naomii66Naomii66
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,770
    Gaea wrote: »
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    @Gaea ~ The edit function was edited out of the editor to stop us from editing our edits. :smirk: :cry:

Um and what is this rank B stuff? WHAT **** IS GOING ON.

yeah I was confused too, I was gonna edit my post but the icon is gone

yxJrSbs.png

..I made my first post/comment -months- ago...
    apparently I can't edit my posts in other discussions either rip
    pawcalypse
  • MininightMininight
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,025
    I was Bored at home after work. Looking at steam games and there it was, read about it about then tried it. Sort of been on and off since.
  • MininightMininight
    I was Bored at home after work. Looking at steam games and there it was, read about it about then tried it. Sort of been on and off since.
  • MininightMininight
  • OmnicityOmnicity
    Mabinogi Rep: 675
    I was playing RuneScape at the time and was browsing through Nexon's website after hearing about MapleStory. Mabinogi didn't have its CBT yet, but the website was up so I checked it out and tried to sign up. Internet was trash (Bellsouth lmao) and IE kept timing out. Forgot about Mabi afterwards.
    Rediscovered the game two years later. First char was a giant and I didn't know what I was doing, so I stopped playing after breaking a tree and beating foxes up. For some reason, I started playing again in EU server when that came out and became more familiar with how the game worked... and now here I am.
  • LostLinksLostLinks
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,330
    I found Mabi through a sidebar ad. I think it was maybe 2009. They had just released iria and i remember going through all the video trailers for the game. I was like whoa, this is the most advanced .
  • FaithrendFaithrend
    Mabinogi Rep: 985
    At the time was playing festia my first mmo then seen a Nexon Card at Walmart with maple story characters on it looked interesting searched the website and found mabi never looked back.
    pawcalypse
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    LostLinks wrote: »
    I found Mabi through a sidebar ad. I think it was maybe 2009. They had just released iria and i remember going through all the video trailers for the game. I was like whoa, this is the most advanced .

Yep, same.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I was introduced by people who have retired from the game.
  • KrukiaKrukia
    Mabinogi Rep: 760
    My ex.
    Man that was 2 years of mistakes.
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    boyfriend