Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Tedious....please help

LawrenceFoxLawrenceFox
Mabinogi Rep: 810
in Help
So I want to go to the shyllien nature reserve. And since im above 1000+ cumulative level I can no longer use portal book.
So far I've tried to figure it out via wiki and such and the only thing I can guess is you gotta go to where you "think" the bridge is next to river, poke around with L-rod randomly and just hope you find this invisible altar to start a whole new ordeal altogether. And THEN I'll finally be able to go to Connous and travel all the way to reserve and finally get waypoint.
So problem is that the map doesn't seem to want me to see past the river unless im looking at a world map and iv'e just been wandering around what I think are bridge stubs using L-rod in random spots "near" the bridge and I'm just about losing all patience for it, it's just so vague it irks

Comments

• AellAell
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,070
    Use the L-Rod by the eastern borders of Karu Forest. Or why not just ask someone to take you to Filia/Shyllien mana tunnel? Only takes a minute, and you can work your way from there.
  • SylverdawnSylverdawn
    Mabinogi Rep: 710
    What server are you on? If you are on Mari i can get you there really quickly. (depending on your race, giants are too big for my pets.) Send me a message in game if you are on mari, my name is Sylverdawn
    [Deleted User]
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    If no one can take you and you can fly, just fly there. And be sure to collect all mana tunnels along the way.
    If you have no means of flying... the old fashioned tedious route is all you can do unfortunately, but I'm sure someone would assist you.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    edited September 28, 2017
    What are you trying to do?
    Find the bridge from Courcle to Connous?
    It's here, in the red circled part:
    f1c10c7372.png

Because, if you're trying to go from eastern Karu Forest in Rano to Connous, you can't make a bridge from the Karu side.
    The altar to make a Rano/Connous bridge is only on the Connous side. (and involves more than just L-rodding)
    [Deleted User]
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    I actually hope no one takes you there, because your post reveals a severe lack of understanding of some very basic Mabi gameplay and they would be doing you no favours if they just warped you there.

1) Why on earth didn't you tag the mana tunnels while you still had the book? Click on the tunnels to tag them from now on, then you can access them from any other tunnel at any time.

2) Why on earth don't you know how L-Rod exploration works at level 1000? You're supposed to use it when it beeps 4 times. It's not random, and there are pre-determined locations for hidden artifacts.

3) The bridge between Rano and Connous is not so easy to make and requires access to both Karu and Filia anyway, so if you can't get to Connous in the first place, you won't be able to make them.
    If you're travelling from Rano to Connous on foot, I would recommend using L-Rod exploration (beeps 4 times!) to uncover the bridge between Rano and Courcle at the northeast border of Maiz Prairie, and then uncover the bridge between Courcle and Connous at Errans Gorge.

This is baby stuff, how did you get to 1k without learning any of this???
  • watercat0watercat0
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,855
    Even worse, you don't need anything to enter that place, no missions or items needed. Just pick a gate to the nearest hyllien nature reserve and talk to the guard.
  • SoraiteSoraite
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,680
    edited September 29, 2017
    Eralea wrote: »
    I actually hope no one takes you there, because your post reveals a severe lack of understanding of some very basic Mabi gameplay and they would be doing you no favours if they just warped you there.

1) Why on earth didn't you tag the mana tunnels while you still had the book? Click on the tunnels to tag them from now on, then you can access them from any other tunnel at any time.

2) Why on earth don't you know how L-Rod exploration works at level 1000? You're supposed to use it when it beeps 4 times. It's not random, and there are pre-determined locations for hidden artifacts.

3) The bridge between Rano and Connous is not so easy to make and requires access to both Karu and Filia anyway, so if you can't get to Connous in the first place, you won't be able to make them.
    If you're travelling from Rano to Connous on foot, I would recommend using L-Rod exploration (beeps 4 times!) to uncover the bridge between Rano and Courcle at the northeast border of Maiz Prairie, and then uncover the bridge between Courcle and Connous at Errans Gorge.

what a rude way to teach someone new lol
    Most new players can get to 1k easily by taking advantage of their daily rbs and skill resets. Most of them are doing the early generation storyline so they're stuck in Udladh anyway. You can only learn so much about a big game like mabi from just trying to understand what a wki is trying to say.

If you have anymore questions ask away @LawrenceFox!
    LawrenceFox[Deleted User]LeiliciaChibiMegu
  • LawrenceFoxLawrenceFox
    If no one can take you and you can fly, just fly there. And be sure to collect all mana tunnels along the way.
    If you have no means of flying... the old fashioned tedious route is all you can do unfortunately, but I'm sure someone would assist you.

I can fly but can't fly past river or mountains
  • LawrenceFoxLawrenceFox
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    What are you trying to do?
    Find the bridge from Courcle to Connous?
    It's here, in the red circled part:
    f1c10c7372.png

Because, if you're trying to go from eastern Karu Forest in Rano to Connous, you can't make a bridge from the Karu side.
    The altar to make a Rano/Connous bridge is only on the Connous side. (and involves more than just L-rodding)

Ah see thats what I mean, I had no clue you couldn't make it from the other side. The wiki was pretty vague
  • WoolyCrochetWoolyCrochet
    Mabinogi Rep: 530
    Kinda a vague post. Where are you even going from and what server are you on?
  • LawrenceFoxLawrenceFox

1) Didn't realize I wouldn't be able to use book after 1000+ and only used it around bridge side thinking it'd help me find the altar and never used it prior so never heard this beeping.
    2)Never needed to use it. And these predetermined locations are not very well described so for someone who doesn't know where these preset locations are, yes it IS random for me.
    3)I was walking around the Rano/Courcle border at Maiz Prairie no beeps or I guess I never noticed them if there were beeps

And saying this is baby stuff not only is actually pretty rude but is also helping me how?
  • LawrenceFoxLawrenceFox

Sorry about that I'm honestly trying to find best place on Iria to get to nature preserve and have been flying around almost both ends of map trying to get there.
    I tried up top but was dead ended by Cenae Meadows so tried the other side at Maiz Prairie and Karu Forest. I thought I saw a couple of flat-topped ledges by river that had mirrored ledges on other side and I'm just guessing its the bridge but L-rod hasn't found an altar yet. So I guess I'll try the gorge again with Iyasenu suggestion.
    And even though I just need the mana tunnel I probably should figure this thing out in case I ever have to do something like this again or go here again
  • WoolyCrochetWoolyCrochet
    Mabinogi Rep: 530

Sorry about that I'm honestly trying to find best place on Iria to get to nature preserve and have been flying around almost both ends of map trying to get there.
    I tried up top but was dead ended by Cenae Meadows so tried the other side at Maiz Prairie and Karu Forest. I thought I saw a couple of flat-topped ledges by river that had mirrored ledges on other side and I'm just guessing its the bridge but L-rod hasn't found an altar yet. So I guess I'll try the gorge again with Iyasenu suggestion.
    And even though I just need the mana tunnel I probably should figure this thing out in case I ever have to do something like this again or go here again

If you're going through Karu, there's usually a bridge there that's already made by a passing player, you may need to hop through a few channels to find it, but it's usually in the middle of the ravine/river in the south part of the forest. Otherwise if you're on the Alexina server I can just teleport you there.
  • LawrenceFoxLawrenceFox

If you're going through Karu, there's usually a bridge there that's already made by a passing player, you may need to hop through a few channels to find it, but it's usually in the middle of the ravine/river in the south part of the forest. Otherwise if you're on the Alexina server I can just teleport you there.

No worries I'll poke around a few channels and see thanks though for helping though
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400

omg. Lv1000 is nothing these days. You can easily EASILY get to it in less than a month. A month is not enough to do everything in Mabinogi, there is so much stuff. Have you even played the game???
    Even if it IS baby stuff, people don't always want to do EVERYTHING in a game until they're ready. And why should they? It's a friggin' GAME! It's meant to be fun! Stop telling people that they're not having fun the "right" way!

Unless things changed, I'm sure I was able to fly from Cor east to Connous, oh wait nevermind, there's the gorge you have to find another way to pass. My bad.
    Hardmuscle wrote: »

Unless things changed, I'm sure I was able to fly from Cor east to Connous, oh wait nevermind, there's the gorge you have to find another way to pass. My bad.
    The gorge outlined by @Iyasenu can be easily passed by anyone who can reach there with an L-Rod handy. I say handy because an L-Rod isn't always required (if the bridges have already been found). The same can be said for the bridges at the north-east end of Maiz Prairie.

But how many people are actually building bridges these days? ;)
    [Deleted User]
  • HoldHold
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,480

To be fair, its not like the game tells you that you can use the tunnels to unlock them as a warp points. I didn't know about this for months because I still used the book to travel around.

Hold wrote: »

To be fair, its not like the game tells you that you can use the tunnels to unlock them as a warp points. I didn't know about this for months because I still used the book to travel around.

A lot of the game's stuff are not taught in the starting tutorials. Although there is information discovered going about the storyline, not everyone does the storyline (if they do, not always in order). A lot of the things are usually found out by talking to others.

And most players probably get to the locked locations via transport by other players anyways. So in the end, most players would assume that others would already know, and if the player that doesn't know did not ask in the past, then they'll get stuck with the way that they know until they run into trouble.
  • NoireCatNoireCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 520
    if you are in ruairi id gladly take you there
    [Deleted User]