Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

What's so special about the Mir Dragon?

ShouKShouK
Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
in General Chat
Why does everyone wants it? I look at the stats in wiki and it doesn't really looks impressive, so it's not a good option for divine link.

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    The on-summon debuff gives -15 def and -10 prot on enemies hit by it.
    It's a separate debuff from the Bone Dragon's debuff, so it stacks with the Bone Dragon's debuff. (offering a total of -30 def -20 prot if you hit an enemy with both pet's summon skills)
    GretaVimiPeloiAellpawcalypseNifanity
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    The mir dragon is a special limited edition pet with a on-summon debuff that can stack with bone dragon for a defense and protection reduction that is highly insignificant outside of a very specific few high level dungeons that less than 5% of the playerbase is even capable of running.

It is most commonly used by players that want to use it during elf hide or to apply a debuff with ease. But in most cases, it will be used by players that forget that Brionic not only exists but can peel away protection far more than any pets ever will.

So having just a Mir or Bone dragon is typically more than enough for 99% of the game.

I mean, it looks cool if anything.

I'm just happy I can get an Alpaca.
    VimiPeloipawcalypseNifanity
  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,165
    It's the best pet.
    ToonRaishiiShifty
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    Nilrem wrote: »
    The mir dragon is a special limited edition pet with a on-summon debuff that can stack with bone dragon for a defense and protection reduction that is highly insignificant outside of a very specific few high level dungeons that less than 5% of the playerbase is even capable of running.

It is most commonly used by players that want to use it during elf hide or to apply a debuff with ease. But in most cases, it will be used by players that forget that Brionic not only exists but can peel away protection far more than any pets ever will.

So having just a Mir or Bone dragon is typically more than enough for 99% of the game.
    And here I thought most Mabi players are end-game players
  • Clovis15Clovis15
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,780
    edited October 1, 2017
    I got one back when it was new, It's profoundly unremarkable - beyond its appearance - in virtually every way beyond debuff-stacking... and I'd fully-agree that even for such purposes, it's really not worth what people are claiming. There was a time when I previously considered selling it - back when they gave everyone a free Pet-Medal - and no one wanted it precisely because it was pointless, when did everyone suddenly change their mind? Another item I once saw go from being universally-regarded as worthless-trash, to suddenly everyone being in a panic and craving it, was the Count Cookie suit the second-time it was released.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited October 1, 2017
    I always wanted a Mir, but i waited for a moment when it comes to cash shop again so i could find to buy it easier,cheaper and fresh.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Hardmuscle wrote: »

I wish, Evan's dragon is cuter than this.

I think the same name is a coincidence.

I think Mir means something in another language. Dragon? I can't remember.
    I think I read something like that in another forum post.
    [Deleted User]
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    dragon dragon
    [Deleted User]
  • ArchdukeValeCortezArchdukeValeCortez
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,380
    Arjune wrote: »
    dragon dragon

One might even say "Double Dragon"
    ArjuneIyasenu[Deleted User]Clovis15
  • Clovis15Clovis15
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,780
    I always really liked Double Dragon 2 on the NES.
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    ShouK wrote: »
    Why does everyone wants it? I look at the stats in wiki and it doesn't really looks impressive, so it's not a good option for divine link.

Are you saying it but a mere dragon?
    Clovis15