Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

No Christmas or New Years Events this year?

ShugshugShugshug
Mabinogi Rep: 570
edited January 4, 2017 in General Chat
I'm use to Mabinogi having "late" events, meaning after the said holiday we then get the related event, but this year (meaning 2016 a few days ago) we won't be having a Christmas or New Year event? We didn't even get Christmas related decorations like we have in the past. 0_o whats up with that? D: It feels all wrong...the only Christmas related events were the log in prizes? log in prizes = hot times

Zeechi
Alexina
  1. Am I crazy? Did anyone else miss the Christmas stuff?28 votes
    1. Yes! you're nutters, the log in prizes were enough.
       50% (14 votes)
    2. No! you're not crazy I feel the same.
       50% (14 votes)

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited January 4, 2017
    It's January 4th... Isn't that too early to wish for Christmas? You need to wait 11 months now. We also just had New Years Hot Time event with Rainbow events.
    Helsa
  • ShugshugShugshug
    edited January 4, 2017
    Zeechi
    Alexina
    Greta
    Greta said:

It's January 4th... Isn't that too early to wish for Christmas? You need to wait 11 months now. We also just had New Years Hot Time event with Rainbow events.
    If you actually READ what I posted then you're comment might make sense, but obviously you didn't read what I posted, I included the "hot time" even my poll says "yes you're nutters the log in prizes were enough" log in = hot time, all we had to do was log in to get the prizes. There was no Christmas event, not even decorations for the 2016 Christmas, maybe you're trying to be funny but it came across as rude. My point is and my question is "Why didn't we have a 2016 Christmas event WITH Christmas decorations like we normally do?" hope thats clear enough....obviously its too late for one now...
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    One must remember that not every country in the world celebrates Christmas. And the game is made in Korea. only about 25% are Christian (they're mostly Buddhist or have no religion). The fact that they make the effort at all for the rest of the Christmas celebrating countries that play Mabi is nice of them. But I'm in no way offended or upset that they didn't give us a "Christmas" event or decorations this year. After all they have been working very diligently adding new content and fixing some of the bugs/glitches that have existed for years. That in itself was a Christmas present if you ask me.
  • WorstnoobeverzWorstnoobeverz
    Mabinogi Rep: 955
    The giveaways and double rainbow take away the actual Christmas/New Year related event ;-; Just bad timing event
  • ShugshugShugshug
    edited January 4, 2017
    Ktty
    Ktty said:

One must remember that not every country in the world celebrates Christmas. And the game is made in Korea. only about 25% are Christian (they're mostly Buddhist or have no religion). The fact that they make the effort at all for the rest of the Christmas celebrating countries that play Mabi is nice of them. But I'm in no way offended or upset that they didn't give us a "Christmas" event or decorations this year. After all they have been working very diligently adding new content and fixing some of the bugs/glitches that have existed for years. That in itself was a Christmas present if you ask me.
    I'm not upset either, I'm just wondering why we didn't have one this year when we have had one for the last 5 yrs, personally I find it a little strange thats all. Also you can't use the fact that other countries don't celebrate Christmas when we've had a Christmas event for the last 5 yrs with decorations, its not like I just suddenly want a Christmas event, we've had them in the past on mabi so why not this year? (2016) is all I'm asking..
  • RakRak
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,245
    I'm good on events. Right now we have Samhain and Music Renovation running side by side, then there was the Mission Point event that just ended a few weeks back and the Rebirth event as compensation for something. We also had a double rainbow this weekend.

I just want some time to train skills instead of spamming the events to get the goodies/keep up with others. QQ
  • KttyKtty
    Shugshug
    Shugshug said:

we've had them in the past on mabi so why not this year? is all I'm asking..
    I'm pretty sure they were busy adding all the new stuff and making sure it worked. They've been working extremely hard to make up for what the previous developers neglected. Figuring out how the old code works and making entirely new content that works in new ways with it is something that no other developer team has done before. It certainly can't have been an easy task by any means.

And just because we had something in the past doesn't always mean that we will have it in the future.
  • ShugshugShugshug
    edited January 4, 2017
    Kitty: Yes I understand just because we've had something in the past doesn't mean we'll always have it, I was just wondering why no Christmas event this year (2016) I don't feel it hurts to ask, I'm not complaining or upset nor am putting Nexon down, I'm grateful for the fixes as well, I was just wondering why. I don't understand why people are making this into something its not. First you assume the reasons why, then you say that Mabi didn't have a Christmas event because the game is made in Korea, and they don't celebrate Christmas, and when I pointed out we've had a Christmas event for the last 5 yrs you change it to "And just because we had something in the past doesn't always mean that we will have it in the future." This is Mabinogi NA and we have had Christmas events in the past, if we were playing Mabinogi K you're comment would be valid but we are not. Not everyone celebrates Halloween but we always seem to have a Halloween event or Saint Patricks day, April Fools day, or Thanksgiving, many holiday related events are USA only holidays yet we have events and have had events every year for these holidays because this is Nexon NA. again I am only wondering why, if it is because they were busy thats fine, im not trying to cause problems I just ask a simple question and I wanted to know if others missed not having a Christmas/New Years event(s) (2016) and Christmas decorations as well....
  • ShugshugShugshug
    Rak
    Rak said:

I'm good on events. Right now we have Samhain and Music Renovation running side by side, then there was the Mission Point event that just ended a few weeks back and the Rebirth event as compensation for something. We also had a double rainbow this weekend.

I just want some time to train skills instead of spamming the events to get the goodies/keep up with others. QQ
    I can understand that, there were so many events I couldn't decide which to do because I certainly couldn't do them all, tho i tried. xD again I was just wondering why no 2016 Christmas event and not even Christmas Decorations. For me Christmas is special and I missed at least the decorations this year (2016)
  • ShakayaShakaya
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,075
    They put a snowflake dress in the Samhain event...

So they gave us a Christmas prize for a Halloween event this last December.......

I like the events we have, I just think it's poor timing.

Though I was disappointed that there was no Christmas gachapon this year. I wanted to try for the white and blue homestead tree again. :c
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited January 4, 2017
    It a shame that people don't understand some jokes these days. We don't need any Christmas related events because there wasn't any new one i guess and Nexon didn't want to add broken Snowball Fight event with lame or too rare rewards in it or Christmas Math Dungeon since that one got huge criticism about obtaining around 200-400k gold in single run which made huge inflation and such. Also about decorations... I don't know why they didn't add any.. You can enjoy Christmas decorations in real life or if you have played long enough to use the 2015 Homestead decorations to decorate your place. I think Mabinogi never had any special events with New Year just Hot Time ones. We are fine with MusicQ update and events plus Return of Samhain is amazing too. Don't get too greedy with events, we got plenty things to do and so much free items.
    Helsa
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited January 4, 2017
    Maybe they don't want to offend anyone?
    >_>
    <_<

But there is no reason why we can't at least have a new year event.
  • ShugshugShugshug
    Greta
    Greta said:

It a shame that people don't understand some jokes these days. We don't need any Christmas related events because there wasn't any new one i guess and Nexon didn't want to add broken Snowball Fight event with lame or too rare rewards in it or Christmas Math Dungeon since that one got huge criticism about obtaining around 200-400k gold in single run which made huge inflation and such. Also about decorations... I don't know why they didn't add any.. You can enjoy Christmas decorations in real life or if you have played long enough to use the 2015 Homestead decorations to decorate your place. I think Mabinogi never had any special events with New Year just Hot Time ones. We are fine with MusicQ update and events plus Return of Samhain is amazing too. Don't get too greedy with events, we got plenty things to do and so much free items.
    Again if you read my comments you'd know im not greedy with events but meh w/e also if you want people to know you're joking it helps to put "jk" "lol" or even "xD" this is text there is no tone set like in voice chat, you have to type the tone or emotions, thats why we use emots as well xD
  • KttyKtty
    Shugshug
    Shugshug said:

... First you assume the reasons why, then you say that Mabi didn't have a Christmas event because the game is made in Korea,... if it is because they were busy thats fine, im not trying to cause problems I just ask a simple question and I wanted to know if others missed not having a Christmas/New Years event(s) (2016) as well....
    No, I didn't assume. Unfortunately text only communication doesn't always convey everything (human communication is less speech and more body language). I also didn't say that was the reason (again text only communication). It was given as an explanation as to why they wouldn't see it as something as important as others and one of the possible reasons that they felt finishing the new content more important than putting it off to be sure we had our decorations. You'll also remember that we didn't have decorations for Halloween this year either if I remember correctly (likely due to them focusing on the new content).
    Shugshug
    Shugshug said:

... This is Mabinogi NA and we have had Christmas events in the past, if we were playing Mabinogi K you're comment would be valid but we are not....
    This maybe Mabi NA but it's still controlled ultimately by a Korean company and the game made by a Korean development team (Dev-Cat). Nexon NA can only do what they're allowed to by the parent company.
  • ShugshugShugshug
    Gaea said:

Maybe they don't want to offend anyone?
    >_>
    <_<

But there is no reason why we can't at least have a new year event.</p>
    If thats the case why did we have Christmas events at least the last 5 yrs? Thats how long I've played and we always had a Christmas event until this year (2016), so no I don't believe it was because of offending people. Unless there have been complaints and I can't imagine that because there is the commercial side of Christmas, which doesn't involve "Christ" many people only celebrate the gift giving, visiting family, decorations ect. Which is what mabi has done in the past, so no I don't believe the past Christmas events offended anyone.
  • ShugshugShugshug
    Kitty This maybe Mabi NA but it's still controlled ultimately by a Korean company and the game made by a Korean development team (Dev-Cat). Nexon NA can only do what they're allowed to by the parent company.

I'm aware of this and that only strengthens my point, they have been allowed to do so in the past, so why not this year? (2016) They have also been allowed to celebrate every other USA only holidays so I still don't see where your point is valid. As far as text goes I'm aware of this too, I never even hinted at being upset or angry about it, I never put any ">.>" or other angry faces or anything to indicate I was upset about this, you assumed I was upset, which I'm not. I think I've had enough of this redundant repetition gonna log off now. It was just a simple question, nothing more nothing less...bye
  • KttyKtty
    Shugshug
    Shugshug said:

I'm aware of this and that only strengthens my point, they have been allowed to do so in the past, so why not this year? (2016) They have also been allowed to celebrate every other USA only holidays so I still don't see where your point is valid...
    I think the point that I'm failing to get across is that the Mabi NA client is provided to Nexon NA by Dev-Cat and the Korean parent company with what is in it (or not in it). Nexon NA aren't the ones who decide what we get. They simply implement it.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Ok then KR, why no christmas?

As if they will respond lol.
  • KttyKtty
    Gaea said:

As if they will respond lol.
    Not unless we can hold our breath for a looooong looooong looooong time.
  • MirralChanMirralChan
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,235
    edited January 4, 2017
    I wish we got a Christmas/new years event as well.. I have no idea why people are taking this thread the wrong way and making excuses.