Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Drop rates

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Also the one and only MMO Junkie "event" kind of gives me a same question. What are the drop rates for getting that special bracelet from Alby dungeon? Because i opened like 6 chests and i still didn't notice anyone having it too. Sounds like a whole new headache "event".
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    Well happy to see I didn't spend a penny on this game in the past 3-4 months.
    Honestly think I might just quit this game completely as this gacha crap keeps getting worst, and worst, and the events are seem to be getting centered around gachas with insanely low rates.
    Only wish I would have thought about this back when all my friends jumped ship when the gachas started becoming more regular :(
    FWIW I've been a player since like 2-3 months after the game came out in the US, and have spent lots of money over the years on it.
  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,165
    Gachapon should be only cosmetics and fashion.
    Tairiku
  • Clovis15Clovis15
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,780
    edited November 9, 2017
    lidiya wrote: »
    Honestly think I might just quit this game completely as this gacha crap keeps getting worst, and worst, and the events are seem to be getting centered around gachas with insanely low rates.
    Only wish I would have thought about this back when all my friends jumped ship when the gachas started becoming more regular :(
    FWIW I've been a player since like 2-3 months after the game came out in the US, and have spent lots of money over the years on it.

I believe this is the moment where long-standing Forum-Traditions state someone is supposed to make claims to the effect of: "Bye, see you when Chain-Lash launches." (with full-expectations that such prediction will prove true)
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Alrighty, ticket submitted, and...there is no ETA. It does appear to be some sort of issue. I recommend keeping a check on your actual bank account balances for comparison's sake. It may be a textual error or something, Iunno.
  • watercat0watercat0
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,855
    The event is only to get stats if you are with a friend which is not ok with some people who play alone. The gotcha is awful like aways.

This is not is an event it is a contract they just got and accepted their terms, That is what happen!

Let's never ask for a crossover ever again, we better off getting Marvel/DC superheroes than Japan anime.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    watercat0 wrote: »
    The event is only to get stats if you are with a friend which is not ok with some people who play alone. The gotcha is awful like aways.

This is not is an event it is a contract they just got and accepted their terms, That is what happen!

Let's never ask for a crossover ever again, we better off getting Marvel/DC superheroes than Japan anime.

Well, this game is an MMORPG, y'know. iHUHPgR.png

Also I hope we don't get a superhero crossover. Bleh.
    NekoLily
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    edited November 9, 2017
    meh event? check
    meh gacha? absolutely
    meh crossover? what crossover?

you know, i start to think that i can spend much less money on other game gacha and still get much better drop rates than the one in this game

other game probably has something like cross over dungeon, stage, mission, mini games, etc etc.
    courtneyySherri
  • SherriSherri
    I feel as if they rushed this crossover. Also does anybody know if the Japanese crossover had a gacha and all that or is it only us getting the short end of the stick?
  • KokoroKokoro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155
    Sherri wrote: »
    I feel as if they rushed this crossover. Also does anybody know if the Japanese crossover had a gacha and all that or is it only us getting the short end of the stick?

They also got gacha. It was also full of rubbish. They also had a scratch card thing to get the titles which was free but could only do it once every 3 hours and was full of RE potions and stuff.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Eh, nothing in this gacha is appealing to me right now. This is also a really new anime, and I feel like the Mabi collab was more advertising for the show as opposed to Mabinogi itself... -_-
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Clovis15 wrote: »
    lidiya wrote: »

I believe this is the moment where long-standing Forum-Traditions state someone is supposed to make claims to the effect of: "Bye, see you when Chain-Lash launches." (with full-expectations that such prediction will prove true)

They always comes back. ;)
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    edited November 9, 2017
    Greta wrote: »
    Also the one and only MMO Junkie "event" kind of gives me a same question. What are the drop rates for getting that special bracelet from Alby dungeon? Because i opened like 6 chests and i still didn't notice anyone having it too. Sounds like a whole new headache "event".

Its been one day. If you got it so easily, the event wouldn't last.

On topic, the outfits being in a gachapon was definitely upsetting, considering other crossovers had some kind of guaranteed or semi-guaranteed way of getting the outfits, either through bags, events, or those shuffle gachapons. Doing it like this doesn't guarantee everyone gets something for keepsake from the crossover, which is something that only happens once. You don't have a crossover if the drop rates are so low to the point nobody gets the stuff.
    SherriKokoro
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,135
    I've counted (yes, I actually did) and there's a 0.8% drop chance on average. this is without considering how the new items are weighted compared to the old stuff, so it's safe to say drop rates are ridiculously low. long story short, I'm gonna skip the gach and hope the outfits don't get too expensive (I know, they will, greedyness and stuff)
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    Rhey wrote: »
    I honestly thought(& hoped) an outfit bag for the his and her matching set was gunna be the thing. But ofc I didn't have any expectations of it not going straight to gacha either.

:D

I was hoping for that too, would have been a really romantic and cute collab gimmick...especially for Valentine's Day.
    Kokoro wrote: »
    I'm also kinda disappointed that the outfits are in gachapon only. I would have preferred outfit bags or even a shuffle gacha.

Maybe they could have made normal outfits directly purchaseable and have outfits with idle poses available from gacha? I dunno.

Idle pose outfits in gachapons only, while the bases are sold directly on the Cash Shop...it's so modern that it might actually work.
    SherriBlissfulkill
  • SherriSherri
    Rhey wrote: »
    I honestly thought(& hoped) an outfit bag for the his and her matching set was gunna be the thing. But ofc I didn't have any expectations of it not going straight to gacha either.

:D

I was hoping for that too, would have been a really romantic and cute collab gimmick...especially for Valentine's Day.
    Kokoro wrote: »
    I'm also kinda disappointed that the outfits are in gachapon only. I would have preferred outfit bags or even a shuffle gacha.

Maybe they could have made normal outfits directly purchaseable and have outfits with idle poses available from gacha? I dunno.

Idle pose outfits in gachapons only, while the bases are sold directly on the Cash Shop...it's so modern that it might actually work.

That's an amazing idea! I have idle animation equips to use so it won't kill me.
    I just want Lily's outfit ITS SO CUTE AND PINK ♥
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    the rates in this gacha are not that bad. I got Couple's Magic Knight Officer Suit (M), 2 of Lily's Romantic Winter Dress (F), Hayashi's Vagabond Boots (M), 2 of Hayashi's Wig (M), 2 Yggdrasil Staff, Yggdrasil Sword, Yggdrasil Sword Appearance Scroll, Moriko's PC Desk, and about 6 of the second titles for about $200 (164 boxes)

far from the worst gacha we have had. the first tail gacha was much worst then this. chances of getting anything good from a gacha are slim unless you are willing to pay over a hundred at least most of the time. only got through 3 episodes of the anime and so far it is awesome. even if this isn't the best crossover it is nice to see mabi getting advertising in the anime.
  • SherriSherri
    Negumiko wrote: »
    the rates in this gacha are not that bad. I got Couple's Magic Knight Officer Suit (M), 2 of Lily's Romantic Winter Dress (F), Hayashi's Vagabond Boots (M), 2 of Hayashi's Wig (M), 2 Yggdrasil Staff, Yggdrasil Sword, Yggdrasil Sword Appearance Scroll, Moriko's PC Desk, and about 6 of the second titles for about $200 (164 boxes)

far from the worst gacha we have had. the first tail gacha was much worst then this. chances of getting anything good from a gacha are slim unless you are willing to pay over a hundred at least most of the time. only got through 3 episodes of the anime and so far it is awesome. even if this isn't the best crossover it is nice to see mabi getting advertising in the anime.

Yeah, if you have $200 to spend.
    It's a miracle if I can even get my parents to give me some money for NX. -_-
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    Negumiko wrote: »

I lost you there. 200 dollars? 200 flipping dollars?
    None of the good things in that gacha or any gacha should total up to $200. You should spend maybe $20 on a bag that gives you everything the cross over has to offer, titles included, and be done with it. (Or maybe we'd get titles from events that are related to the show?)

$200 could have bought you a decent flatscreen TV, or at least three brand new $200 console games, or a night out with your favorite person, or a shopping spree for good clothes, or SOMETHING! No one should have to spend 200 dollars just to look nice for a crossover event when in years past it was must simpler. All you had to do was buy a miku character card and you were DONE! Instant Miku outfit! If you wanted a separate miku wig, yeah you had to gacha it, but it was only just for that one wig, not the collab.
    Sherri wrote: »
    Yeah, if you have $200 to spend.
    It's a miracle if I can even get my parents to give me some money for NX. -_-

Pretty much this.

Though, Sherri is right. There has been far, far worse gachas out there, like that summer school uniform gacha that was 2k NX each, and people were so repulsed over it that they made a 11 page plus forum post about it to the point where they had to rerelease the gacha later with a random choice of Entire Shopping Bags if you bought a number of stacks! :U

HarukariShouKSherri
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Xiokun wrote: »
    No one should have to spend 200 dollars just to look nice for a crossover event when in years past it was must simpler.

Better on Mabi than on drugs I'd say. :*

PolicromaSai