Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

The Sad-Reason why I think Outfit-Bags are Dying.

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited November 11, 2017
    Vaughan wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »
    IF they release the steampunk outfits via shopping bag, YOU ALL BETTER BUY ONE and prove to Nexon that gacha is NOT the only way to profit. :|

Seriously, this. Even if it's only to resell in game. Even if it's not worth much.

Pfft, I am seriously going to buy like 5 of them IF they are released via shopping bags.

Put the wings and the other accessories in gacha and sell the main outfits in shopping bags like they did with Cross empire. There everyone is happy. Problem solved.
    NyuuHokusaiSherri
  • LeiliciaLeilicia
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,220
    If we had shopping bags of F Divine Demigod set, I would buy it. I would all of the "gacha" clothing if they were in a shopping bag. Hell, I'd even get this mmo junky stuff if the outfits were in a bag. (Though I think they're not mainly cause these outfits are the same ones from the anime that also were in a gacha, so gacha-ception?)
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    edited November 11, 2017
    IF they release the steampunk outfits via shopping bag, YOU ALL BETTER BUY ONE and prove to Nexon that gacha is NOT the only way to profit. :|

Buy something because YOU like it, NOT because it's rare.

I am still sporting my cross empire outfit that I bought as a shopping bag. I still love it and don't care that it's not rare or came from a shopping bag. I love it and am happy with it. That is all that matters.

You would need every mabi player to buy multiple

Let's look at the economics of why they do gachas.
    1 Outfit bag $7-10 with a guarantee of acquisition so generally 1 sale as you are guaranteed what you want.

1 gacha $1.50 with something like a 1% drop rate for the ultra rare stuff with multiple items sharing that slot so the chance to get what you want is even lower then that as there are usually 5-10 items there(depending on gacha). Average # of gachas you will need to get what you want over 100.

We have people admitting in another thread they spent over $200 alone on this current gachas, and I've seen people claim they spent over a grand individually in the past(I recall one person claiming over $3k not sure how true that is, but I've seen people on other gacha based games plunk down over $6k on a gacha, and doing RM sales for multiple hundreds of bucks for the items from them). So if we go at $10 per outfit bag to keep the math simple one person in the over $1000 spending equals the spending of 100 people. As I know there are quite a few whales with impulse control that play this game 5-8 whales with gachas spend more on gachas then if every person on some of the servers bought a outfit bag.
    So from a pure short term business perspective whale hunting with gachas is an ingenious way to earn tons of cash with minimal work. I say short term as eventually all the normal players will eventually dry up, and whales will eventually quit, but it is the fastest way to extract the most cash while it is also the most scummy morally bankrupt way to do so too as it is preying on people with impulse control issues, and is designed to get people hooked.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Solution, make new outfit bags $15 each. Most people who buy gacha like one stack. So there you go.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Solution, make new outfit bags $15 each. Most people who buy gacha like one stack. So there you go.

If they did that.. oh god.. I'd only have enough NX to buy one, IF I got any on me which isn't often. X_X
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    Your explanation just sounds like greed anyway.

They see that players values rarity, they went that route and made stuff a rarity to earn more income.

The end.
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    edited November 11, 2017
    iMattxC wrote: »
    Is it really ethical to take advantage of someone's gambling problem? Especially when you don't show them the odds?

There's no room for ethics in corporatism. If it makes money, it's good; if it doesn't, it's bad.
    VaughanImaizumiShouKSherriVeylaine
  • SheenaSheena
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,515
    Gachas are filled with 87% garbage, from a pool of 70-90+ items, only 4-10 items are worth it

Evidence? http://mabinogi.nexon.net/News/Announcements/1/00J7Q
    and here are the numbers:

92 items have NOTHING to do with the gacha's theme, so they are considered garbage items

32 items are actually part of the MMO Junkie theme
    putting aside the 11 titles only 21 items are the good ones

People have spent 100$+ only to end up with potions and other stuff in general.

So long story short, Everyone that encourages gachas are a bunch of vampire wannabes
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited November 12, 2017
    Shaeli wrote: »
    Is it really ethical to take advantage of someone's gambling problem? Especially when you don't show them the odds?

There's no room for ethics in corporatism. If it makes money, it's good; if it doesn't, it's bad.

So if I'm an hour late. Curse my boss out. Slap my co-worker. But seal the deal on $100k 4 the corp. I'm gold? :p
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Shaeli wrote: »

You can also say there is no corporatism in ethics either. In any case, ethics should be applied regardless of profit. You could say that many corporations do not exhibit any notable scruples beyond public relations, and that is true, but that is not a basis to outright deny the applications of morals. By nature, morals are universally applied, with regards to circumstance of course.

Point being? Some practices are worthy of criticism on a moral basis, but depends on the criteria one needs judge it by, whether it be profit, practicality, or so forth.

Merely switching the parameters to another criteria seems akin to moving the goalpost, in my view.

Not that I find "encouraging" gambling in this case to be immoral. I have not felt pressure, and I have a decent amount of self control. In regards to children, I am fairly certain the responsibility usually lies not with Nexon, but persons such as parents and legal guardians, to be quite honest.