Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Steampunk is going to be...

Comments

• SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Jazmyn wrote: »
    Also, as annoying and dreadful as it is that everything is released gacha nowadays, wouldnt it be weird to have like hundreds of people running around wearing the exact same outfit as everyone if it were released in an outfit bag, or am I misunderstanding what an outfit bag is?

That's the thing though, we don't care if it's a commonly worn outfit. We like it and that is all we care about, not about how 'rare' the item is.
    (Well, that is my opinion anyway)

I was gonna buy this outfit if it was in a bag but alas, I don't waste my money on gambling. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    GretaMizukiHayama
  • FeliceFelice
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,790
    edited November 28, 2017
    Everyone complaining about Gachas. Just give it a little time. The proverbial $#!^ Storm that EA/DICE has kicked up over Star Wars Battlefront 2 will end up branding all forms of Gachapon, Loot Crates, (Insert Micro-Transaction based chance item here), as Gambling, which by Law, is illegal for anyone to participate in if they are under the age of 21.

So again, give it time, We'll more than likely get Outfit Bags back as the way things are going, Gachas will become a thing of the past.
    JazmynSherriVeylaineTrythispawcalypseMizukiHayamaSheena
  • VaughanVaughan
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,015
    I don't really understand how you all don't see it as whining on a forum, because you all come here saying the exact same thing every single time anything is released in a gacha and it's obviously not working because they haven't even so much as extended the time between gacha releases. Try complaining directly to KR Nexon, maybe?

Or you know, quit 'til they give you what you want or move on with your life. There are better alternatives and the fact that you're still playing is still supporting the company whether you spend money or not, because you spend in-game money on stuff other people spend real money to get, which just encourages them to spend more money, even if you're not.

So, yeah.
    PolicromaMikuV3VeylaineTrythispawcalypseTheOthicMizukiHayamaYokkaichiRaishiiShouKand 1 other.
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Sherri wrote: »
    Also, as annoying and dreadful as it is that everything is released gacha nowadays, wouldnt it be weird to have like hundreds of people running around wearing the exact same outfit as everyone if it were released in an outfit bag, or am I misunderstanding what an outfit bag is?

That's the thing though, we don't care if it's a commonly worn outfit. We like it and that is all we care about, not about how 'rare' the item is.
    (Well, that is my opinion anyway)

I was gonna buy this outfit if it was in a bag but alas, I don't waste my money on gambling. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well, I didnt mean rare... I just mean original of sorts, but I guess as long as they can be dyed and maybe you only like a part of the outfit, not the whole thing, so mix and match with other items... I dont know, the more popular I see something, the less I want it. Nothing wrong with you all liking it and not minding looking like everyone else, but to me thats more of an in game item, not nx cash kind of item... I buy things I like and they end up in my dressing room and I never look at them again. LOL.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited November 28, 2017
    Gaea wrote: »
    Nilrem wrote: »
    Oh no, Nexon is doing the thing they always do.

And the forum reacts the same as it always does.

I honestly won't care in the slightest as the only way I see myself paying for more than Pon for Style Tab in this game is if they update VIP.
    Currently its just a more expensive style tab with gestures.

You're right about that VIP needs to be updated. Also we need to be compensated for all the remote Administration coupons.

I agree with both of you that VIP needs something more, and totally agree with compensation on admin coupons... but, a little off topic with an honest question, why does no one mention the extra inventory tab when discussing the benefits of VIP? Thats probably the only reason I haven't got rid of VIP yet... lol. Is it just under VIP, or is that also included in the lower price premium package and thats why no one mentions it?

Why should anyone care? They are wearing something because they wanted it. They paid for it. They must've liked it. So power to them. Ultimately that's part of what this game or any game like this should be about. Looking like what you WANT to and enjoying the game. Don't want to look like everyone else? Then don't buy it. Simple.
    Felice wrote: »
    Everyone complaining about Gachas. Just give it a little time. The proverbial $#!^ Storm that EA/DICE has kicked up over Star Wars Battlefront 2 will end up branding all forms of Gachapon, Loot Crates, (Insert Micro-Transaction based chance item here), as Gambling, which by Law, is illegal for anyone to participate in if they are under the age of 21.

So again, give it time, We'll more than likely get Outfit Bags back as the way things are going, Gachas will become a thing of the past.

This basically, I was pointing this out on the discord earlier. Someone joked that there are no kids that play this game anymore. lol. But we know that while that's funny (especially if you have played for the past decade), it's not true. There are plenty of players under the age of 21. This is gambling people, it is illegal.

Here is a good example; say you are dumping money into a machine or whatever platform. The ultimate prize is a car - which is not money. It's an item. So basically gacha is the SAME thing. Except we are dealing with digital property. You are still dumping money and gambling for a item you want.

It's just a matter of time people.
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Why should anyone care? They are wearing something because they wanted it. They paid for it. They must've liked it. So power to them. Ultimately that's part of what this game or any game like this should be about. Looking like what you WANT to and enjoying the game. Don't want to look like everyone else? Then don't buy it. Simple.
    Woahhhhh, slow down there girly, I simply asked wouldn't it would be weird. Spend your cash however you want, it doesnt hurt me any. :) The more you spend, the more likely I'll be able to play the game for another 9 years. ;) *pat pat*
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

Woahhhhh, slow down there girly, I simply asked wouldn't it would be weird. Spend your cash however you want, it doesnt hurt me any. :) The more you spend, the more likely I'll be able to play the game for another 9 years. ;) *pat pat*

Cool beans.
  • JazmynJazmyn
    lady-last-word-in_o_1279775.jpg
    VeylaineRheyFairyvoiceSylviaWolfepawcalypseMizukiHayamaCarlize
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    Avarak wrote: »
    Do you know why they put these things in Gachas?
    It's because people buy them anyway. It makes them money, so they have no incentive to do otherwise.
    Vote with your wallets and don't buy the gachas if you don't support this nonsense.

What the frick? A reasonable, sensible, logical post?
    VeylaineRheypawcalypse
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795

Japan and Korea are not going to magically change how things work just because some Western company basically killed their model overseas. If anything, they'd either give the NA Nexon branch full reign over the game here or shut us down because we're too small.
    That's all assuming that the legal system actually accomplishes anything at all after the media buzz wears off and the next big story hits.
    VeylaineTrythisVaughanNilremRheySherripawcalypseTheOthicYokkaichiShouKand 1 other.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Dam, i wish i could bring popcorn gif, but i'm on phone now :'D
    VeylaineSherripawcalypseTheOthic
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    Greta wrote: »
    Dam, i wish i could bring popcorn gif, but i'm on phone now :'D
    Is this one appropriate?

tenor.gif
    SherriVimipawcalypse
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    It'll likely go into eweca. Been a while since it was updated. Since new perma content updates are comin round da corner eweca usually get updated @ those times.
  • AstralBlueAstralBlue
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,265
    edited November 28, 2017
    What do those Steampunk outfits look like anyway? I keep seeing them being mentioned, but never any images.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited November 28, 2017
    lady-last-word-in_o_1279775.jpg

tenor.gif?itemid=5655161
    Buffalos wrote: »

Japan and Korea are not going to magically change how things work just because some Western company basically killed their model overseas. If anything, they'd either give the NA Nexon branch full reign over the game here or shut us down because we're too small.
    That's all assuming that the legal system actually accomplishes anything at all after the media buzz wears off and the next big story hits.

I hope this doesn't die down.
  • KitsuyashaKitsuyasha
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,280
    2539132-6916208239-24395.gif
    RheypawcalypseVeylaine
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Kitsuyasha wrote: »
    2539132-6916208239-24395.gif

How is this a thread backfire? I find this thread to be more constructive than most in debates.
    Sherri
  • RheyRhey
    AstralBlue wrote: »
    What do those Steampunk outfits look like anyway? I keep seeing them being mentioned, but never any images.

An old thread made awhile back showcased em. :*
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    edited November 29, 2017
    Rhey wrote: »

>___>

@AstralBlue
    Here ^_^
    Arjune wrote: »
    iF4WlQG.jpg

rO9nWny.png

these were posted in discord a bit ago
    Or this link; http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/13534/because-we-need-more-wings/p2

Argh.. just looking at them refuels my anger for them not being in an outfit bag!
    WbafLVT.gif
    Kokoro
  • RheyRhey
    edited November 29, 2017
    Sherri wrote: »
    Rhey wrote: »

>___>

Calm down tiger.

I was looking 4 da thread then a bag of potatoes chips and a 16oz Vanilla coke appeared & distracted me.

tumblr_naw582f.gif

Since U beat me 2 it...It'd be redundant 4 me 2 post it now. :*