Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the May Quality of Life Updates! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91455/may-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-may-9th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Steampunk is going to be...

Comments

  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Posts: 797
    Member
    Trythis wrote: »
    MAYBE they just want nothing but maximized profit with little effort also there has be a reason for this otherwise they wouldn't be doing it is where im getting at.

    It's possible. Doesn't really make it any less sour though.
    TrythisVeylainepawcalypseIyasenuSherriHazurah
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,050
    Posts: 348
    Member
    V9jC927.jpg?fb
    TrythisBuffalos[Deleted User]TheOthicPolicromapawcalypseSheenaSherriHazurah
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Posts: 797
    Member
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    If outfits bags were as profitable as you claim; they'd be used more often than gachapon. Right?
    Corporate-First Mindset: if something marginally more profitable exists, do that instead of the kind stuff.
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    There's a fine line between whining brats and concerned players. One is constant; the other is not.
    That's not quite the line I would draw since both are pretty constant in this community. I would say that one is constructive and the other isn't nearly as constructive.
    [Deleted User]LostLinkspawcalypse
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Posts: 1,499
    Member
    LostLinks wrote: »

    On a side note since gacha will probably never disappear, what if for every, lets say, ten gacha your bought you get a ticket to pick an item from the list. That way its a little more affordable to get that one item you want from the list. I've seen other mmos do this or at least something similar.

    Were U around when mementos tried this? They still put Rng on Rng within Rng. Cuz Rnginobi.

    People spent hundreds 2 get a guranteed rng lootbox that still can screw all ur efforts over cuz the prize pool is full of rng. Remember the wing orb...? Someone spent 1000 bucks back on the old forum...got the orb and didn't pull the incubus wings when it first came out(only way 2 obtain/not its own drop outside the wing orb) out of 10 other wings.

    hsrjRdq.gif

    I just want gachas 2 have healthier rates.
    Or
    Let us earn a box or two some way ingame? Even F2P Mobas lets U take a stab @ premuim gachas pull if U played long enuf. :s
    BuffalospawcalypseVeylaineTheOthicHazurahSherri
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Posts: 6,975
    Member
    People still arguing over virtual loot box? Okay... o-o
    pawcalypse
  • TrythisTrythis
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,170
    Posts: 153
    Member
    Greta wrote: »
    People still arguing over virtual loot box? Okay... o-o

    True to you it might seem stupid to keep on arguing over pixels, but the notion changes quite a bit when colossal amounts of real life money are thrown into the mix no matter if you are pro gacha anti or just want more outfit bags.

    This conversation involves more than just the players but also the company and their motives for doing so. Its taken more seriously because its probably one of nexon biggest cash grabs and ofc being a collection of mostly capitalist nations ( mostly NA ) in some capacity anything with direct money involved is going to incite debate.
    VeylaineSherri
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    Posts: 497
    Member
    Greta wrote: »
    People still arguing over virtual loot box? Okay... o-o

    I wonder what will happen, if Net Neutrality is dissolved, with how we can spend time on games and loot boxes/gachapons. Will F2P games change their business model to have more loot boxes/less loot boxes? Will they remain F2P? Will there be any money left to spend on games at all?
    VeylaineTheOthicSherri
  • TheOthicTheOthic
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,525
    Posts: 52
    Member
    edited December 1, 2017
    Buffalos wrote: »
    Trythis wrote: »
    MAYBE they just want nothing but maximized profit with little effort also there has be a reason for this otherwise they wouldn't be doing it is where im getting at.

    It's possible. Doesn't really make it any less sour though.

    it is sour but as Xiokun said
    Xiokun wrote: »
    Eh. What can ya do?
    its hard to fight against because
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    However, complaining about gacha doesn't really do anything if people keep buying them.
    Trythis wrote: »
    none the less there must be a reason why they might think just gachas make more money than gachas released alongside with outfitbags.
    Vaughan wrote: »
    I don't really understand how you all don't see it as whining on a forum, because you all come here saying the exact same thing every single time anything is released in a gacha and it's obviously not working because they haven't even so much as extended the time between gacha releases. Try complaining directly to KR Nexon, maybe?

    Or you know, quit 'til they give you what you want or move on with your life. There are better alternatives and the fact that you're still playing is still supporting the company whether you spend money or not, because you spend in-game money on stuff other people spend real money to get, which just encourages them to spend more money, even if you're not.

    So, yeah.
    Even in this thread
    A few people in that thread mention that if outfits like demigod were in bags they would definitely sale. Knowing that nexon probably guessed that too, as to what people have said nexon wants to make maximize profits because they know they'll make more money from people who will keep buying until they get what they want and they dont have to divert resources for outfit bags and as that thread explained the community didn't help by choosing rarity over what they actually wanted to wear.
    Trythis wrote: »
    Maybe the lower population has made them more dependant on whales
    this might also be why they aren't as profitable as they used to be ,you claimed that they made good money in the past which I don't argue against because its probably true, but mabinogi is most certainly in different circumstances now than it was in the past and if you can't see that you're not looking at reality here @Buffalos
    ill put this here again as Xiokun said
    Xiokun wrote: »
    Eh. What can ya do?
    like seriously what can you do??? people have been complaining about this and its obvious they haven't changed nexon OR the whales/dolphins or whatever hyper gacha enabler out there or the community to put less stock on rarity and more on what they want.

    Best chance probably is legislation against gachas, but even you said its an atomic bomb and might end up killing the NA branch @Buffalos


    pawcalypseVeylaine
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,715
    Posts: 2,818
    Member
    As soon as I saw the Steampunk gacha, I immediately came on to the forums to tell you how pist off i am I WILL FIND YOU NOXEN AND SLAP YOU WITH A GIANT STICK--
    *dragged away by moderators*
    FREE SPEEEECH! NO MORE GACHAS NO MOre gachas no more gachas...
    ..
    REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    VeylaineAsaluanse
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,050
    Posts: 348
    Member
    FreezePeach_DontTakeMah_Bk-214x300.png

    pawcalypseSherri
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,195
    Posts: 9,186
    Member
    Sherri wrote: »
    As soon as I saw the Steampunk gacha, I immediately came on to the forums to tell you how pist off i am I WILL FIND YOU NOXEN AND SLAP YOU WITH A GIANT STICK--
    *dragged away by moderators*
    FREE SPEEEECH! NO MORE GACHAS NO MOre gachas no more gachas...
    ..
    REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

    Let's all go to Nexon NA HQ and have a BBQ out front of their office. :D
    VeylaineSherri
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,715
    Posts: 2,818
    Member
    Oh and a Christmas gacha. Now they're just mocking me aren't they?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,195
    Posts: 9,186
    Member
    Sherri wrote: »
    Oh and a Christmas gacha. Now they're just mocking me aren't they?

    Meh, not into holiday themed stuff. This is an easy pass.