Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

[FIXED] Ruairi is only wearing his underpants

EraleaEralea
Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
edited October 11, 2018 in Archived Bugs
Issue: In certain Saga 1 episodes, the Ruairi NPC/Black Dragon Knight enemy and his summoned illusions are spawning without their armour.

How to recreate: Enter the following missions in the Saga 1 questline:

- "The Milletian's Crisis", Episode 6
hX8a5mp.png

- "Renes Infiltration", Episode 8
EE3UNHw.png

- "Shamala Escapes", Episode 9
n0bMG4n.png

- "Fight Against Ruairi", Episode 9
awuveYi.png

Expected behaviour: I think more NPCs should start running around in their tighty whiteys for my entertainment

Nekkid celebrity pics brought to you by Eralea of Alexina
IyasenuEllisyaSylviaWolfeNasumiRayneSherripawcalypseYoriden

Comments

• SamuelalexSamuelalex
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,350
    Thats a rather amusing glitch but I was thinking the settings might be affecting it. Check and make sure you dont have minimize nearby players and/or show details on party only enabled. not sure exact tabs to pick because Im not in game atm. I know in really laggy area minimize characters turns everyone's clothing to standard robes but not sure if it would affect npcs the same way to change their clothes to something more basic. Wanted to pass this along in case it helps ^^
  • ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    Samuelalex wrote: »
    Thats a rather amusing glitch but I was thinking the settings might be affecting it. Check and make sure you dont have minimize nearby players and/or show details on party only enabled. not sure exact tabs to pick because Im not in game atm. I know in really laggy area minimize characters turns everyone's clothing to standard robes but not sure if it would affect npcs the same way to change their clothes to something more basic. Wanted to pass this along in case it helps ^^

It's an issue that can not be resolved by those suggestions unfortunately. Several other players have also noticed this issue.
  • EraleaEralea
    Yeah it's not my settings. Minimizing characters doesn't affect NPCs anyway, and if it did it should have stripped the Cessairs too lol. (Who else wants to know what's under those robes?)
    My guildie pointed this out to me first, I just collected the pics from the rest of the saga eps.

I actually forgot to include one pic - when you RP as Ruairi in the Episode 6 mission "Stab the Shamans to Death":

HwfqYPs.png

Unfortunately, the transformations Black Dragon Knight and Unmasked Black Dragon Knight aren't affected, so you can't grab a dream catcher and run around as Underpants Ruairi all over Erinn.
    pawcalypse
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    it appears the Ruairi's Dark Knight outfit set somehow gone from the entire Saga 1 other than from the cutscene
  • KryoKryo
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,470
    What is the issue?
    Ruairi has no armour on during the Saga chapters. He's running around in his underwear.

What steps must be taken for us to recreate the issue?
    Play the Saga chapters?

What do you expect to happen instead?
    I assume Ruairi is supposed to be wearing his armour.

Visual Evidence:
    10x626e.jpg

Kryo of Mari
  • KryoKryo
    Here's another one, this time with his illusion naked as well

2dj1hlg.png
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    No, this is totally normal. He is supposed to be in his underwear.

I kid, I do not know. It seems you are loading normally. Any different graphical visual options enabled?
    KryoYoriden
  • KryoKryo
    Nope, I don't touch my graphics because Mabi works and I don't want to break it lol
  • ErorservErorserv
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,695
    It's happening for me too.

eVrYapZ.png
    Kryo
  • ArcherAiralArcherAiral
    Mabinogi Rep: 955
    edited December 1, 2017
    Ruiari is showing up naked in Saga missions. I've done part 6 on two occasions in the past month and part 9 yesterday and in cut-scenes he's fine but in actual game play he's just wearing tiny undies.

d0ce31fe94720d81ca8ca77b970067da.png

[Deleted User]
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    This is very true.
    [Deleted User]
  • LeiliciaLeilicia
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,220
    It'll be a huge spoiler alert for people who don't know that Ruairi is the black knight. (like me, I never finished the saga so I had no idea until a friend told me)
    [Deleted User]
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    edited December 3, 2017
    Saga: Fan-service Edition
    Greta[Deleted User]Shadoe
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    pawcalypse wrote: »
    Saga: Fan-service Edition

This made me giggle :D
    [Deleted User]pawcalypse
  • ErorservErorserv
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,695
    Just pointing out this is still an issue. Quite the immersion breaker.
    Daktaro
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Weird that it still didn't get forwarded after all these months lol.
  • EraleaEralea
    Oh the GMs know about it and I suspect they have a fix already

But we've been mean and begging them not to fix it because more NPCs should be freeeee
    Strip Tarlach too
    WolfandWolf
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    edited April 16, 2018
    Eralea wrote: »

Unfortunately, the transformations Black Dragon Knight and Unmasked Black Dragon Knight aren't affected, so you can't grab a dream catcher and run around as Underpants Ruairi all over Erinn.

Nekkid Ruairi in Saga is normal.

Non-Nekkid Ruairi as a trans medal is the real bug. GMs, please fix.
    Yoriden
  • OvernOvern
    Mabinogi Rep: 535
    I didn't think I'd run into this one as well myself, but nekid he went. It's actually quite an interesting bug, like.. what actually caused it? Was some line of code added which pushed his clothing into "invalid"? I've noticed several other things no longer act the way they should within "story" quests, so some of the code of the game that was added at one point started interfering with particular events under certain circumstances. Heck, some "cutscenes" play without any models on screen.. which to my understanding is because they're misplaced below the ground.

Maybe Ruairi is actually wearing armor.. but it's displaying well below him. Either way, I'm concerned on how this.. among other known bugs haven't been fixed.. and how some new ones pop up in updates, yet go undealt with.. much like the Guardians questline in G20.. which has the weirdest shaped invisible wall I've tried to walk around.. which spans very far from the NPCs and even sticks out blocking a portion of what could be considered "a road" if you're trying to go the shortest distance. Either way.. at least you can still complete the Iria Saga.
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    Yup, definitely still an issue. Also, the funny part is that when you or the shamans use certain magic spells on him (like icebolt), his underwear will flash blue for a few moments.
    WolfandWolf