Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Idea For Magic

logomyegologomyego
Mabinogi Rep: 595
edited November 4, 2017 in Feedback and Suggestions
I was thinking about a new way to spice up magic, and I thought that a new race specific magic skill for each race would be a nice way to add some more versatility into the skillset. The idea I was thinking of would be along the lines of having each race get a different elemental skill, like say Giants could use an Ice Skill (cause vales and what not), Elves could have a Fire Skill (cause the desert being hot and what not), and Humans could have a Lightning Skill. These skills could have a short charging time, and a brief cooldown period that could be slightly shorter than lightning rod.

Ice Skill Idea #1 - Ice Cone. Could hit a cone shaped area in the direction you choose. Could be targetable like what exploding kunai is like.

Ice Skill Idea #2 - Freezing Wind. Similar to what the ice attack on elven magic missile is like, it could freeze enemies in a windy storm and damage them.

Fire Skill Idea #1 - Fire Wall. Since elves are squishy compared to the other races, it could be a more defensive skill. Set up a wall of fire that damages enemies that pass through it. Or just place it on top of enemies to cook em quick.

Fire Skill Idea #2 - Breath of Fire. Fire Dragons Roar. Breath fire to do cool things.

Lightning Skill idea #1 - Chain Lighting. Similar to a fully charged lightning bolt, but have more damage and it could hit a larger group of mobs.

Lighting Skill idea #2 - Lighting Strike. Target a mob and call down a single bolt of lightning that hits an area around it.
Sherri
  1. Would new Magic skills be a worthwhile endeavor?17 votes
    1. Yes, I would love some new things to nuke mobs with.
       35% (6 votes)
    2. Nah, Magic is too OP as it is, it doesn't need more stuff.
       29% (5 votes)
    3. Yes, but only if each race gets the same skills for balance.
       24% (4 votes)
    4. What's Magic?
       12% (2 votes)

Comments

• SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Hahaha Fire Dragons Roar, nice Fairy Tail reference. I'd love that skill a lot, I got a cosplay as Tohru (well, similar to her).
  • YangKoeteYangKoete
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,175
    The first for each skill sounds good, but I'd honestly prefer a different talent or something. IE; Druid. Healing and Earth magic all in one.
  • LeiliciaLeilicia
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,220
    Lighting skill idea #1 sounds like thunder. P: so does the second one
  • logomyegologomyego
    Mabinogi Rep: 595
    Leilicia wrote: »
    Lighting skill idea #1 sounds like thunder. P: so does the second one

Yea it kinda does lol was having a hard time thinking of a new lightning based attack but the idea would be that it could have possibly a longer chain reach and just be a single shot for the first skill, and the second one would be a single shot. That's the best i got tho XD
  • YangKoeteYangKoete
    Why not "Rune" skills? Like the explosive kunai but elemental/ice mine varients.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    edited November 6, 2017
    YangKoete wrote: »
    Why not "Rune" skills? Like the explosive kunai but elemental/ice mine varients.

Oooh that would be so cool! Maybe add it in as a new weapon? I'd love to see an Elven rune magic subclass for mage.
    Add some more types of magic in too! Earth, wind, light, dark.. magic is a limitless feature, why I love it so much.
    oh and obviously the other races will complain so might as well let them use them as well
    even though us elves cant use a bunch of weapons they can use but whatever

This reminds me of Cube World in a way.
    Each weapon you equip changes the way you cast a spell.
    Bracelets rapid fire bursts of magic, wands fire out beams of magic and staffs summon a whirlwind of magic.
    Maybe add a system like that?
    YangKoete
  • YangKoeteYangKoete
    Sherri wrote: »
    YangKoete wrote: »

Oooh that would be so cool! Maybe add it in as a new weapon? I'd love to see an Elven rune magic subclass for mage.
    Add some more types of magic in too! Earth, wind, light, dark.. magic is a limitless feature, why I love it so much.
    oh and obviously the other races will complain so might as well let them use them as well
    even though us elves cant use a bunch of weapons they can use but whatever

This reminds me of Cube World in a way.
    Each weapon you equip changes the way you cast a spell.
    Bracelets rapid fire bursts of magic, wands fire out beams of magic and staffs summon a whirlwind of magic.
    Maybe add a system like that?

I think Staves and Wands should have their own masteries.

Wands being faster for overall casting while Staves are great for power.

And I think only including Earth damage or even making a proper "Druid" class would suffice.
    Sherri
  • TheRocket35TheRocket35
    Mabinogi Rep: 530
    I like the idea of a lightning strike from above that works like meteor
    Or a comet attack that drops from above and freezes all the enemies in the aoe
    (I like powerful charge attacks I can drop from above and nuke mobs with, makes me feel like a powerful wizard)

Mainly I would like to see earth based magic outside of alchemy