Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

What Do Our Korean Counterparts Have To Say?

CometRiderCometRider
Mabinogi Rep: 440
in General Chat
Seasons Greetings:

I'm going to put Google Translate to the test and have it translate the Korean Mabi Home page on the fly -- if I had the web address. Anyone have any pointers? Thanks!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,045
    edited December 26, 2017
    You coulda just google mabinogi kr. But it's mabinogi.nexon.com (rather than .net)
  • watercat0watercat0
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,855
    they really do not care about us, just look around you, its random games after random chances. Santa hats are not for everyone and very lazy code is being added each update.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    watercat0 wrote: »
    they really do not care about us, just look around you, its random games after random chances. Santa hats are not for everyone and very lazy code is being added each update.

Pretty much, as much as I love mabinogi... I don't have time for it anymore. Especially with all the gacha content.
    courtneyy[Deleted User]
  • AkatsukiBlackroseAkatsukiBlackrose
    Mabinogi Rep: 565
    Not everyone was here since the creation of the world and it can't hurt if those who weren't to get an idea of what's going on the other side of the MMO fence too. I wish people were more tolerant of other opinions and ideas just asking questions like this one which I've wondered about myself. Why not? If one doesn't like the topic then just turn the channel and let others have their fun. I've sadly seen many nice people leave MMOs like at Royal Quest and Eldevin because of an arrogent and toxic gamer community and it's rarely the newbies causing it.
    courtneyybadnewsbarrettoffwithyourheads
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited December 27, 2017
    Not everyone was here since the creation of the world and it can't hurt if those who weren't to get an idea of what's going on the other side of the MMO fence too. I wish people were more tolerant of other opinions and ideas just asking questions like this one which I've wondered about myself. Why not? If one doesn't like the topic then just turn the channel and let others have their fun. I've sadly seen many nice people leave MMOs like at Royal Quest and Eldevin because of an arrogent and toxic gamer community and it's rarely the newbies causing it.

Nope sometimes it's because of the company. They keep gachaing content out. Playerbase gets sick of it and warns newer players. We hope gachas and other loot box crap will become illegal soon. (But we know that even when that comes to pass they will find a greedy way around it).

We're just older players that are sick of it. You will eventually become sick of it too. It's actually sad that we want our governments to step in and make them knock it off - especially when we fight to keep the government OUT of our games and internet. lol. But as I said, we just don't know what else to do. Whales will be whales, and so...we're just going to have to put an end to it by force. Meh.
    Darkpixie99Keneropawcalypse
  • CometRiderCometRider
    Seasons Greetings!

I never expected this much furor over my simple request for a Korean address. Thanks to those who recommended it! The translations I've seen so far are very interesting and telling in how intense Korean gamers are to their games, warts and all, though I suspect a lot has been naturally cleaned up in their versions....
    Gaea wrote: »
    Nope sometimes it's because of the company. They keep gachaing content out. Playerbase gets sick of it and warns newer players.

I hear you, but legit as one's gaming gripes might be, it's not the job of seasoned gamers to poison the well before newbies could take a sip for themselves. This kind of broadcasting one's personal game dissatisfaction has put off a lot of new gamers from trying some otherwise very good games and it's one reason why game developers are so tight-lipped even with alpha testing. Rest assured that game companies are basically there to make money not willfully lose it, and if they don't seem responsive to one segment of their users, be sure as the sun rises that they're making it up through another. Perhaps priorities would've been reversed had Mabinogi been developed and marketed in the U.S.A...

The way I see _free (and non-purchased) games_ is that you're a guest allowed to freely rumble in someone's house and while one can and should give developers _constructive criticism_, that doesn't include tearing down a game to discourage others playing if it doesn't meet one's expectations or the developers don't answer the call. At a comic-con here NYC years ago an Electronic Arts author soberly voiced the same of how sometimes even beyond publicity departments how the fickle gaming community takes to a new or current game gives marketing the willies.

I'm in sync that the next wave in video gaming will be the recycling/enhancement of old game titles with unique themes and gameplay whose minor shortcomings and bugs doomed them to obscurity. A recent game startup in Carolina called "P-51" aims to fix that. The "P- 51" was the Mustang fighter in WWII (famously flown by black pilots and Chuck Yeager), which was originally out of the factory an advanced yet very mediocre performer until later when its engine was replaced by the Brit's superior Merlin engine which turned it into a super-fighter second only the German jets. Merlin turned an ugly duckling into a swan princess and this "games recycling" outfit aims to do the same with "golden oldies" once they get past securing rights. I'm only saying this because there's always a better game lurking beneath the one we play if given a chance, not a hammer.

Anyway off my soapbox...

Seasons Greetings All & Have A Safe Happy New Year!

PolicromaVaughan
  • watercat0watercat0
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,855
    CometRider wrote: »
    Seasons Greetings!

I never expected this much furor over my simple request for a Korean address. Thanks to those who recommended it! The translations I've seen so far are very interesting and telling in how intense Korean gamers are to their games, warts and all, though I suspect a lot has been naturally cleaned up in their versions....
    Nope sometimes it's because of the company. They keep gachaing content out. Playerbase gets sick of it and warns newer players.

I hear you, but legit as one's gaming gripes might be, it's not the job of seasoned gamers to poison the well before newbies could take a sip for themselves. This kind of broadcasting one's personal game dissatisfaction has put off a lot of new gamers from trying some otherwise very good games and it's one reason why game developers are so tight-lipped even with alpha testing. Rest assured that game companies are basically there to make money not willfully lose it, and if they don't seem responsive to one segment of their users, be sure as the sun rises that they're making it up through another. Perhaps priorities would've been reversed had Mabinogi been developed and marketed in the U.S.A...

The way I see _free (and non-purchased) games_ is that you're a guest allowed to freely rumble in someone's house and while one can and should give developers _constructive criticism_, that doesn't include tearing down a game to discourage others playing if it doesn't meet one's expectations or the developers don't answer the call. At a comic-con here NYC years ago an Electronic Arts author soberly voiced the same of how sometimes even beyond publicity departments how the fickle gaming community takes to a new or current game gives marketing the willies.

I'm in sync that the next wave in video gaming will be the recycling/enhancement of old game titles with unique themes and gameplay whose minor shortcomings and bugs doomed them to obscurity. A recent game startup in Carolina called "P-51" aims to fix that. The "P- 51" was the Mustang fighter in WWII (famously flown by black pilots and Chuck Yeager), which was originally out of the factory an advanced yet very mediocre performer until later when its engine was replaced by the Brit's superior Merlin engine which turned it into a super-fighter second only the German jets. Merlin turned an ugly duckling into a swan princess and this "games recycling" outfit aims to do the same with "golden oldies" once they get past securing rights. I'm only saying this because there's always a better game lurking beneath the one we play if given a chance, not a hammer.

Anyway off my soapbox...

Nexon did redo Mabinogi, it's in a mobile version now and NA only got TCG in English. Mabinogi MMO is dying because Nexon spent all our money on the mobile version for KR users only.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    watercat0 wrote: »
    Seasons Greetings!

Anyway off my soapbox...

Nexon did redo Mabinogi, it's in a mobile version now and NA only got TCG in English. Mabinogi MMO is dying because Nexon spent all our money on the mobile version for KR users only.

That's not why this game is dying.
    badnewsbarrett
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    People claim that Mabinogi is dying for at least 3 years now if not more. These "claims" don't affect me anymore.
    pawcalypse
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    Greta wrote: »
    People claim that Mabinogi is dying for at least 3 years now if not more. These "claims" don't affect me anymore.

So long as there are whales willing to Gachapon for poor RNG drops, then a game will continue to run regardless of NA or KR community feedback.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited December 27, 2017

Not sure who this aimed for, but I agree with the notion that while it is uncalled for to be toxic, that this isn't a new idea. At all. Trying to use Google translate is laughable, when we have people literate in Korean translate the notes, the characters, etc. Not in a mean way though, I suppose, but more of a "You thought you were the first one with this idea?" sort of thing.

On another note, it wouldn't work for many important posts where Nexon puts up images, rather than simple text, that google translate wouldn't be able to work on, but a human being literate in the language would be able to translate. (Not that I expect anyone new to know that.) I don't hold any enmity to the OP or anything though.

@Cometrider The idea of veterans poisoning the game is hardly untrue, but it doesn't completely invalidate the criticisms that veterans such as I would have. Reviews and such are worthwhile things to consider, since veterans can often comment on the current state of a running MMO, versus some "professional" review site that had only played the game for 3 hours when it was in closed beta.
    Darkpixie99[Deleted User]
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    @AkatsukiBlackrose ~ Pot Calling the Kettle Black again? They spend more time complaining about the game than they do playing it. If the game makes you so unhappy and the community is so toxic, why are you here? ~ Why aren't you trolling the forum at Eldevin? What's that?

You're redefining arrogance into belligerence barking things I never said or hinted. People just came here asking simple unoffensive questions and you act like someone blew off the plank-sized chip on your shoulder. You really don't have to swagger in like Mr. Macho Know-It-All into a bar knocking clueless or unenlightened people just to show how smart and sage and sassy about games you are. It's boorish, really, and worst is such types haunt and sour way too many game forums without good GMs. Again, if you don't like the topic just turn the channel.
    Yes, Ms Netiquettes still live even today.
    Happy New Year to you and everyone too.

Darkpixie99
  • CometRiderCometRider
    Seasons Greetings!

Well, games history since then has proven that comic-com Electronic Arts fellow had it right. One of the last things any game community can do for its game is risk ostracizing newbies and members by railing them for what would appear obvious or silly or boring questions to seasoned gamers. Better to have a forum lively with earnestly innocent simple, even silly questions, than be left with a cricket forum – and a game long on life support -- mostly populated by a clique of jaded regulars.

Have a Safe and Happy New Year All!
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Seasons Greetings!

Well, games history since then has proven that comic-com Electronic Arts fellow had it right. One of the last things any game community can do for its game is risk ostracizing newbies and members by railing them for what would appear obvious or silly or boring questions to seasoned gamers. Better to have a forum lively with earnestly innocent simple, even silly questions, than be left with a cricket forum – and a game long on life support -- mostly populated by a clique of jaded regulars.

Have a Safe and Happy New Year All!

True. But sometimes we just can't help ourselves. There is always that one user that is completely inept combined with bastardizations of the english language that we just must grill. lol.

I wonder if you will continue with the seasonal greetings and adieus after new year's day...

tumblr_inline_nrtqldDD1l1qc8ajp_500.gif
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    @Gaea

Come on...
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    @Gaea

Come on...

I'm not ready.
    Seasons Greetings!

I wonder if you will continue with the seasonal greetings and adieus after new year's day...

I certainly hope so!! Traditionally, before most everyone PC called Christmas "Happy Holiday", Seasons Greetings saluations extended well into Twelfth Night even in churches, as still practiced many areas of the South where we are and proud of it. A nearby Samsung rep transpant from Seoul says that not a few Korean MMOs run parallel translated English versions of their home pages in-country, unlike their N.A, and European divisions. Supposedly that's how massive their English speaking residents and workers are who also play games to soothe any home sickness. May a Merry Christmas and a Peaceful New Year to them all!
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Seasons Greetings!

I certainly hope so!! Traditionally, before most everyone PC called Christmas "Happy Holiday", Seasons Greetings saluations extended well into Twelfth Night even in churches, as still practiced many areas of the South where we are and proud of it. A nearby Samsung rep transpant from Seoul says that not a few Korean MMOs run parallel translated English versions of their home pages in-country, unlike their N.A, and European divisions. Supposedly that's how massive their English speaking residents and workers are who also play games to soothe any home sickness. May a Merry Christmas and a Peaceful New Year to them all!

Oh it's not that I am pc, I am definitely far from being pc if anyone couldn't tell (LOL). I just don't like the obligated polite or fake exchange with such pleasantries.

I wish I could skip christmas. I would have soooooo much money saved up by now.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    @Gaea ~ This thread gave me a headache. :smirk:

giphy.gif
    [Deleted User]
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    Seasons Greetings!

Anyway off my soapbox...

I have a feeling Mabinogi mobile will get more gachapons if not have more Cash Shop items as many mobile games have.