Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Possibly hacked? Cant log on

LedetteLedette
Mabinogi Rep: 310
in Technical Support
So I was just doing a dungeon when I suddenly d/c. When I try to log back on it asks me to create a secondary password like my account was new or something, even though i already had a secondary. Then whatever I input, it just says login failed/server cannot be reached, or check if the game is on maintenance. I'm not sure if I should be worried because I can log in fine with my first password and not my secondary. I actually resetted my secondary on the website to create a new secondary but it still wont let me connect??

Comments

• NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,765
    edited January 8, 2017
    sometimes if you get disconnected from mabi the game still considers you logged in for bit and it bugs up and asks you to create your secondary password when you obviously already have one. when they ask you to create a password it is usually best to just exit the game instead and try again 30 minutes later. but at the moment you are not the only one having a issue connecting to mabi. a few other players including myself can't connect to the server so it may be best to just wait for now.
    Ledette
  • LedetteLedette
    Thanks for the replies. I will attempt to log back in after an hour. I deleted the mabinogi cache but it didn't help.
  • MediaKleptoMediaKlepto
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,865
    Ohey, I JUST sent a ticket about this! Having the exact same problem (on Mari). I was in the middle of CCing for the daily and was shown the "Party member moved to ch6" but nothing changed. I couldn't move, but I was getting a PM from my other party member and our guild list said I was still on ch5. Tried CCing to 6 again and bam, abnormal disconnect. It's been about an hour since then and I even went so far as to try resetting my secondary password on the site since this normally has passed by now/with a client reload and it hadn't...Still nothing!

I'm really glad to know it's not just me though, and it's good to let you know it's not just YOU either!
  • AncientHydraAncientHydra
    Mabinogi Rep: 400
    edited January 8, 2017
    I believe I have this problem too, I changed Channel to do the lich Sketching but end up DC. Unable to loggin as i stuck in the 2ndary password for almost 1 hour now...
  • ZelfalZelfal
    Mabinogi Rep: 745
    Same here tried to change channel to get help with taili daily and game crashed lets me log in but wont let me past 2nd password says try again or maintaince in progress.
    So sad a weekend and cant enjoy my days off from work.
  • MediaKleptoMediaKlepto
    I've rebirthed a few of my characters for the genderbending achievement and now I'm kind of worried I won't be able to get them back to their normal selves before the free pon styles event is off, hahaha...I also kind of wonder what's going on with my secondary password since I supposedly reset it but apparently can't input a new one as of now.

Hopefully whatever exploded only needs a little bit of duct tape and not a blowtorch to fix and we won't miss out on much...
  • MediaKleptoMediaKlepto
    edited January 8, 2017
    @Hardmuscle

My post above mentions what happened to me earlier. I was in the middle of trying to cc when my "connection was abnormally terminated" in the same fashion as the OP. Since then my secondary password screen has been impassible, and I went so far as to reset it to see if it would help - the same as the OP. Even given that, both my original secondary and the new one I attempted after the first reset are kicking back the same error of "login failed, check if the game is under maint".

EDIT: Also, to confirm. Yes, I have restarted my client, done a full system reboot, and dumped my Mabi cache. Nothing is resolving this, and there's another post on one of the other forums (Tech support I think?) where other players can get to their character wheel and then hang on loading indefinitely. Something hiccuped somewhere, apparently.
    [Deleted User]
  • MediaKleptoMediaKlepto
    edited January 8, 2017
    @Hardmuscle

HAH, we're editing around each other! I just edited my last post as well.
    [Deleted User]
  • ProfugusProfugus
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    I got hit with this as well. How long will it take for the powers that be to fix this do you think (factoring in the fact that it's Sunday for them)?
  • MediaKleptoMediaKlepto
    edited January 8, 2017
    @Profugus

Well...Their support chat is supposed to be online at around 4pm EST on Sat-Sun, so I suppose if it's not patched up by then I'll see if I can in fact reach someone. I myself put a ticket in as well, so maybe others can as well? I've not dealt with the support system in quite some time but it couldn't hurt, I suppose!

@Hardmuscle

I know!! It feels so terrible to just be like "welp, so glad you share in my pain :'D"! It really is a comfort but it makes me feel like such a bad person. xD
    [Deleted User]
  • LedetteLedette
    edited January 8, 2017
    @Hardmuscle It seems the crash is from Ch 4 of Alexina. Anyone who cc to ch4 or was in ch4 is now locked out of account via secondary password error. Hopefully they fix it soon
    [Deleted User]
  • MediaKleptoMediaKlepto
    @Ledette
    Yeah, I see someone in the Tech Support forum thread about this saying it was Alexina ch 4 he tried to switch to. For Mari, it happened to me trying to get to 6. I haven't seen many people directly mentioning their server so I can't confirm if it's the same for everyone based on that.

And just so it's here, when this happened, I was logged in as character name Evrann.
  • ServeServe
    edited January 8, 2017
    Same thing happened to me, was in ch 6 Alexina and my screen became black switching to ch 4. then before i know it i'm locked out. It's nice to know that its not just me..
  • MistumiMistumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 975
    I'm not sure what server you're on but a guy in alexina server was on ch 4 when that happened to him, not sure if it's happening on other servers but I think it'd be best to stay away from that ch as it might be glitched right now. (He tested his theory with 3 other accounts) his screen froze, so then he tried to get on but he got locked out via secondary password.
  • ServeServe
    edited January 8, 2017
    thats exactly what happened to me, when do you think this will be fixed?
    Btw i was in the Alexina Server
  • ServeServe
    Um i think they fixed it just now, i can now get on my account.
    Guys try it out
  • ProfugusProfugus
    It looks like they did indeed fix the issue. I'm in, all items accounted for, and game is running nominally.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,765
    my game is working fine now as well
  • MediaKleptoMediaKlepto
    I was able to login earlier this morning as well. My support ticket is still listed as open with no reply though, so there may be some links they're still ironing out. And of course I'm on mobile right now and the support site refuses to let me reply to say it's fixed, hah.
  • LedetteLedette
    It has happened again.. Ch1 Alexina, booting and locking people out via secondary password error.