Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the June Renovation Season 5 Updates! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/92024/june-renovation-season-5-update-patch-notes-june-6th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

What do you think of community of your server?

OverlordGodOverlordGod
Mabinogi Rep: 1,045
Posts: 26
Member
in General Chat
I don't know if i have been just unlucky but i tend to find most of time very offensive people, to be honest, i feel offended right now. Just met group of people as i found white dragon and wanted to kill it, but instead one ended up complaining/discriminating i could say(?) and saying i was the rude one. I mean, i was first time after probably over year visiting there and now i am the bad guy here? How was i supposed to know, for someone who does not have really people to do raids with, that there's some unwritten rules here? I am disappointed, but not all of the community of Tarlach is bad, but i do have met a lot that are unwilling to even listen without starting to throw rocks at me. Sorry if this sounds bit bad, but i am beginning to feel very offended and unwanted due people i have met in this game, i wish i could meet more good people but i am just not very social, so i dont start talking as first usually. I can understand now why some people i know do not want to do raids if there's rude people like these around. Probably should never do these. Please tell me i am just unlucky!

Comments

  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    Posts: 485
    Member
    edited January 14, 2018
    Usually you lure White Dragon then hunt for easy kill without getting bothered by Slayers/Wyverns. If I were you like first time, I would carefully ask first or watch what they are doing.

    Anyways if this is true, I'm quite disappointed at WD elites :p
    Surely there are some reason why I don't want to get involved with dragon elite hunters.
    [Deleted User]
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    Posts: 465
    Member
    I mean with a IGN like "Overlord God", you kinda have an easy time giving people the wrong idea.
    The name gives the impression of an inflated ego.

    And from what I've seen of you in game, you also don't seem very openly social even when nice people are around.
    Maybe try looking around more? Tarlach's Tir can be a quiet place with some night time chatter, Dunby is pretty dead but can have the occasional conversation, and Belvast is either afk people, chatty people, or people being merchants.

    Besides that, I just see Tarlach as a quiet little island among the servers.
    Not exactly loud, but still a comfy place, especially once you meet some nice people.
    courtneyyTheNyanCat[Deleted User]
  • OverlordGodOverlordGod
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,045
    Posts: 26
    Member
    I appriciate answers and yes i've thought that my name might give out wrong idea, but i do not believe im able to change it anymore. Idea of name comes from my own made character i have drawn before and made story out of. Not due ego. And also yes, i don't often speak out loud, sometimes i use whisper instead. As i stated, im usually not one to talk out first but i'll gladly talk back if i meet nice person to chat with. I appriciate the comments so far. Also reply to Ellisya, i only realized there was people standing and doing nothing after somepoint when dragon glitched off from the invisible wall.
    [Deleted User]
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    Posts: 485
    Member
    I appriciate answers and yes i've thought that my name might give out wrong idea, but i do not believe im able to change it anymore. Idea of name comes from my own made character i have drawn before and made story out of. Not due ego. And also yes, i don't often speak out loud, sometimes i use whisper instead. As i stated, im usually not one to talk out first but i'll gladly talk back if i meet nice person to chat with. I appriciate the comments so far. Also reply to Ellisya, i only realized there was people standing and doing nothing after somepoint when dragon glitched off from the invisible wall.

    Yea that is the point. Only one person lure a dragon to the spot where it does not move too much (because of terrain). Once work is done, ppl will start attack.
    [Deleted User]
  • OverlordGodOverlordGod
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,045
    Posts: 26
    Member
    I do not know how long they stood there, but if they was there before i noticed, they definetily did not help me even it was on good spot, rather, complains..
    [Deleted User]
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    Posts: 836
    Member
    I tend to stay away from it for my own sanity.

    shrugs

    I'm pretty shy, and being around a huge group kind of makes me anxious.

    MizukiHayamaOverlordGodNewbieChainRadiant Dawnoffwithyourheads[Deleted User]BehelitZeo
  • OdinwolfeOdinwolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,900
    Posts: 103
    Member
    Any time I'm free to do the raid no one is there lol.

    I haven't had an interaction based around the raids yet, but most people are either moderately abrasive or super friendly in my experience.

    Tarlach is home to some interesting characters for sure.
    [Deleted User]
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Posts: 1,499
    Member
    edited January 14, 2018
    My life lesson about the mabi community...
    When ur the rich guy in a cliche...expect gold diggers evverrywhere... :o

    Always make sure to have spare shovels as giveaways! :*

    golddiggere4f451be0965b3e5.gif

    Jk!Jk!~I Kid! asfjklj

    We gud. We fam. Forum def has the better part of the community. I duck people ingame moar than I lurk around threads.

    Mari is Bae~
    [Deleted User]
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,785
    Posts: 1,312
    Member
    I am a extremely shy player that rarely talks first but most random players I meet on Alexina are nice. a players name won't effect how well we get along. most players are really nice if you take the time to give them a chance. meeting a player once or twice for in a situation like that won't tell you much about them at all. it takes me at least a week of being friends with anyone before I will have a good or bad opinion about them. just don't take stuff like that personally and smile about it anyway cause there will always be a player that might dislike you over a small mistake or misunderstanding. not worth letting it ruin your whole day :)
    HarukariOverlordGodNewbieChainRadiant Dawnoffwithyourheads[Deleted User]Policroma
  • UnisexUnisex
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,760
    Posts: 57
    Member
    Tarlach people I find easy to talk to. If you unintentionally did something annoying during the raid, just say sorry and ask what you should be doing. Seriously, most people tend to chill if you say you legitly didnt know. Dont dwell or be defensive about it and the moment of tension dies quickly. If they are still butthurt afterward, just laugh, and continue playing as you want at that point. There are some obnoxious players here, of course, but really who the hell cares about some randoms not liking you over how well you play?
    NilremSylviaWolfeoffwithyourheads[Deleted User]purpley
  • SylviaWolfeSylviaWolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,310
    Posts: 342
    Member
    I think some of the issue may be your own perception. If you head to a dragon raid and don't know what's going on you should maybe ask around. If people are complaining there may be a reason. Just ask what's up and it might be a simple fix and they'll change their tune when they realize you're new to raids. Also, while I would reply to a whisper if I wasn't busy fighting in a dungeon or something, it's often more polite to talk outright or send a note. You've gotta give some friendliness to get friendliness back.
    Nilrem[Deleted User]purpley
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Posts: 1,066
    Member
    I think some of the issue may be your own perception. If you head to a dragon raid and don't know what's going on you should maybe ask around. If people are complaining there may be a reason. Just ask what's up and it might be a simple fix and they'll change their tune when they realize you're new to raids. Also, while I would reply to a whisper if I wasn't busy fighting in a dungeon or something, it's often more polite to talk outright or send a note. You've gotta give some friendliness to get friendliness back.

    I've had people call me an elitist before because I lost my temper with people at raids. Yes the guy running around like a chicken with his head cut off screwing up mob aggro and just making it harder in general does piss me off. A new person who asks what to do is more than welcome in any group I've done provided you can listen, and ask questions when you don't understand.
    SylviaWolfe[Deleted User]
  • JulieJulie
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,130
    Posts: 342
    Member
    edited January 16, 2018
    people getting upset because i pick up the gold that they decided not to pickup and accuse me of not doing anything and showing off their bloated ego and blacklisting you for simply picking up gold while they accuse you of not doing anything in a mission even though you were there in the frontlines doing everything you could against the enemies. I returned for a day at that time while there was still some social interactions to be made but i ended not coming back for a while after that same day.

    This happened in alexina and i dont even remember the person's name that accused me of not doing anything while supposedly being okay with me picking up her gold, but oh boy that ego was so big beyond belief as she explained to a friend of mine of what i was doing "wrong" that was so horrible that she had to blacklist me and says i needa learn and a whole load of crap with that, while she had her friend who also got upset of me because i was picking up his gold that he decided to leave behind.

    Man i miss the days when people supported eachother a lot more because it was heavily encouraged to, but now since everyone has an easy time being a lone wolf, we get people with such unreasonable behavior that can be so full of themselves.
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    Posts: 824
    Member
    Julie wrote: »
    people getting upset because i pick up the gold that they decided not to pickup and accuse me of not doing anything and showing off their bloated ego and blacklisting you for simply picking up gold while they accuse you of not doing anything in a mission even though you were there in the frontlines doing everything you could against the enemies. I returned for a day at that time while there was still some social interactions to be made but i ended not coming back for a while after that same day.

    This happened in alexina and i dont even remember the person's name that accused me of not doing anything while supposedly being okay with me picking up her gold, but oh boy that ego was so big beyond belief as she explained to a friend of mine of what i was doing "wrong" that was so horrible that she had to blacklist me and says i needa learn and a whole load of crap with that, while she had her friend who also got upset of me because i was picking up his gold that he decided to leave behind.
    Did they specifically said that you can pick up their gold or did they leave the area where the gold was dropped? Because I have had people stealing my gold drops right after I finished my orb in shadow wiz and I was so annoyed. Idk if they assumed I don't want to pick them up since there are so many left around but they saw me picking it up afterwards and still compete with me..That happened so many times that I don't even have the energy to told them off every time. Some people are so toxic.
  • JulieJulie
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,130
    Posts: 342
    Member
    ShouK wrote: »
    Julie wrote: »
    people getting upset because i pick up the gold that they decided not to pickup and accuse me of not doing anything and showing off their bloated ego and blacklisting you for simply picking up gold while they accuse you of not doing anything in a mission even though you were there in the frontlines doing everything you could against the enemies. I returned for a day at that time while there was still some social interactions to be made but i ended not coming back for a while after that same day.

    This happened in alexina and i dont even remember the person's name that accused me of not doing anything while supposedly being okay with me picking up her gold, but oh boy that ego was so big beyond belief as she explained to a friend of mine of what i was doing "wrong" that was so horrible that she had to blacklist me and says i needa learn and a whole load of crap with that, while she had her friend who also got upset of me because i was picking up his gold that he decided to leave behind.
    Did they specifically said that you can pick up their gold or did they leave the area where the gold was dropped? Because I have had people stealing my gold drops right after I finished my orb in shadow wiz and I was so annoyed. Idk if they assumed I don't want to pick them up since there are so many left around but they saw me picking it up afterwards and still compete with me..That happened so many times that I don't even have the energy to told them off every time. Some people are so toxic.

    it was one of those cave missions so the enemies were getting killed in 1 direction, so everyone that wanted their gold had the opportunity to pick it up as we got further deeper into the cave ,if it wasnt picked up, it was because they didnt want to pick it up, so it doesnt make sense for anyone to get mad for their gold being picked up by anyone else if its going to disappear because it was being ignored anyways. in that mission, if anyone doesnt want anyone else to pick up their gold then thats always an option for them to pick it up themselves. The way that mission is structured, its impossible for you to miss out on your own gold drops unless you dont want it, those that ignored their gold would literally have to walk past it without picking it up. And yeah its unfortunate how toxic it has become there :|
  • OverlordGodOverlordGod
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,045
    Posts: 26
    Member
    I think some of the issue may be your own perception. If you head to a dragon raid and don't know what's going on you should maybe ask around. If people are complaining there may be a reason. Just ask what's up and it might be a simple fix and they'll change their tune when they realize you're new to raids. Also, while I would reply to a whisper if I wasn't busy fighting in a dungeon or something, it's often more polite to talk outright or send a note. You've gotta give some friendliness to get friendliness back.

    Yes i would have asked, however when i arrived there, i did not see anybody around, otherwise i would have asked what is going on, but after awhile hitting the dragon i realized there was group of people nearby which was empty awhile ago.
  • TolnaTolna
    Mabinogi Rep: 825
    Posts: 30
    Member
    I have a feeling I know the guy you are talking about.

    Personally I find most people on Tarlach either nice, extremely shy, or eccentric. I've only ever met two outright jerks and that is since playing off/on since g2.

    Thing I notice is most Tarlach players seem to be at true endgame, as in well over level 10,000. They treat lord missions like Alby Beginner and know all of the tricks/exploits (I'm only lvl 4k myself). So I can see why someone may be confused why you did something "new".

    I kinda like Tarlach from a community stand point, but getting drops is and the market is a nightmare. CRK Swords, Robes of Destruction, any dungeon drop skillbook are neigh impossible to find. And you can forget about trying to buy Fine/Finest firewood or ores.

    Overall it ain't so bad, just a lil vacant.
  • RougeKatzeRougeKatze
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    Post: 1
    Member
    In a situation such as this; I'd just ignore it and go about your day. People are people and you took the dragon to the ledge and attacked it. Overlord, you just do you. If they wanted to join, they could have joined! Well... At-least that's how I'd handle the situation, I'm not well verse in the etiquette of killing Dragons.
  • ErnieGangErnieGang
    Post: 1
    Member
    RougeKatze wrote: »
    In a situation such as this; I'd just ignore it and go about your day. People are people and you took the dragon to the ledge and attacked it. Overlord, you just do you. If they wanted to join, they could have joined! Well... At-least that's how I'd handle the situation, I'm not well verse in the etiquette of killing Dragons.

    He didnt bring it to the ledge.
  • FabeFabe
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,650
    Posts: 37
    Member
    edited January 17, 2018
    Nilrem wrote: »
    I mean with a IGN like "Overlord God", you kinda have an easy time giving people the wrong idea.
    The name gives the impression of an inflated ego.


    Seriously...lol I hope you're joking......

    @OverlordGod you're pretty cool; was very nice meeting you!
    [Deleted User]