Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Upcoming HS Update

KoueAntwoordsKoueAntwoords
Mabinogi Rep: 400
in General Chat
Anyone have an idea when we might see this implemented?

Comments

• Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    What homestead update?
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    I'm assuming they're talking about the one that implements housing into your homestead. I don't know.
    [Deleted User]pawcalypse
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Why we are supposed to know that? Wouldn't be surprised if Nexon doesn't know that yet as well. Also wouldn't be surprised if we never even get it.
    VeylaineTrythisTheNyanCat[Deleted User]pawcalypse
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Two years from now...
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    Not until we get Auction Board
    which means never.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited January 21, 2018
    117171023.jpg

Wow....this is sexy. Better than Hagel's buttocks! B)

*Went ahead and click on another announcement*
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Eh, I could take it or leave it.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    that outfit looks really good
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    Not my stuffs, 100% ill pass on this one.
    Unless they added up something else in it
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    edited January 21, 2018
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    Edit: Judging from the announcements for it on their page and the changes made to the original update; it's going over like a lead balloon.

I suspect people over there weren't ready to let go of the old shopping *ahem* housing system just yet. From what I've seen on the Korean side, they've pretty much renamed them to "shops", standardized the "taxes", and kept everything else roughly the same. I don't think the new homestead housing has even been added in yet.

Honestly, should have been done years ago.

That said, I wonder if I miss stuff since I'm using a translator rather than being able to read it myself.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Greta is right. Technically, we're not supposed to know about this; let alone when it'll happen (if it happens). This derives from a release in KR, and "everyone knows" we don't always get what they do, or get the same things (*cough*). ~ It could happen next week, next month, or never.

Edit: Judging from the announcements for it on their page and the changes made to the original update; it's going over like a lead balloon.

So... we will be able to have homestead housing and guild housing? I am totally cool with that.
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
    i just want my eluned outfits for my trap
    Raincloud95
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited January 22, 2018
    Housing gold cap increased can't come soon enuf. If it ever gets ninja'd in I'd go around and unload on all those troll 5,000,001g+ collab guds. :# :D <3
  • Raincloud95Raincloud95
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,830
    I always hated the shop system in mabi. Needs Grand Exchange like in RuneScape. Force standardize all prices. Drink price-gouger tears with a twist of lime.
    LadameGretaVeylaineRadiant DawnJazmynYuting
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited January 23, 2018
    Greta is right. Technically, we're not supposed to know about this; let alone when it'll happen (if it happens). This derives from a release in KR, and "everyone knows" we don't always get what they do, or get the same things (*cough*). ~ It could happen next week, next month, or never.

Even if it isn't as popular there in KR, they know (or should have been told by a forum CM) that NA has been begging for this update.
    I highly doubt that they wouldn't at least consider it, and then mash it into a massive update...
    that will likely take until 2019 at the latest for NA to retest and release with minimal problems.
    (IE- Guild Castle replacement battle system, Auction House, and Housing Channel+Homestead revamp.)
    Policroma wrote: »
    I suspect people over there weren't ready to let go of the old shopping *ahem* housing system just yet. From what I've seen on the Korean side.
    Yeah, that probably is the most likely scenario, where NA is more used to modern games which have free housing in the homestead, rather than in a paid access channel.
    If KR really is worried about that situation, they could always just release specific and exclusive housing designs in the NA Cash Shop to make up any loss in KR.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    6f631a6b4008507889fd45e2037d036a91b836bb_hq.gif
    If anything, one would probably say that this was an idea made entirely by the NA community and sent by the NA forum CM, but the KR forum CM didn't really open negotiations between both communities on the matter before asking Devcat to make it happen and forced it onto KR. (Twitch: NA+KR and Translators, how entertaining it would be...)
    Which, from what I gather from you guys is an unhappy mess.
    (Probably about how they all dumped millions or billions of gold on one house for years, and now it's gone.)
    We as the NA community are hyped for this update, simply because we lack KR's hyperactive guild activity and house hoarding.
    (Like the good old glory days.)

The problem is that the more we think about this, the more time will actually feel like too much has passed because of it.

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited January 23, 2018
    If I recall we ARE the ones who originally suggested homestead housing. We need it when the game has inactive periods and guilds don't bother to build guild castles. It would solve the housing crisis, especially for smaller servers.
  • AgentJeanAgentJean
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,775
    edited January 23, 2018
    So Korea axed the housing channel and this update was the fix to that fix?

PS when do WE get 40 million gold checks and bank accounts that can hold more than 5 million gold?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited January 23, 2018
    AgentJean wrote: »
    So Korea axed the housing channel and this update was the fix to that fix?

PS when do WE get 40 million gold checks and bank accounts that can hold more than 5 million gold?

It wasn't axed. It was appended. They have both now. https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http://mabinogi.nexon.com/page/news/notice_view.asp?id=4886107&edit-text=&act=url :|

Give us homestead housing NA.
    pawcalypse
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,050
    edited January 23, 2018
    I always hated the shop system in mabi. Needs Grand Exchange like in RuneScape. Force standardize all prices. Drink price-gouger tears with a twist of lime.

Same but not because it gets rid of price gouging, idk if RS still has this problem but I remember back when I played there was "Mercher" clans that literally had people selling certain items and all of the members would sell at once for a certain price and buy them too to manipulate the GE price. GE like feature certainly can contain a lot price gouging for for a huge variety of items but might not work if you're selling one type of item.

I'd want it more for the streamlined way to sell off expensive bulk without having to be on and not paying a service so you can use some slots for free, not to mention its also streamlined that you wouldn't have to bother asking people for prices. This isn't RS so maybe the rise of merchant clans that price gouge stuff like in runescape won't appear if we got such a feature.
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730

Veylaine wrote: »
    I'd want it more for the streamlined way to sell off expensive bulk without having to be on and not paying a service so you can use some slots for free, not to mention its also streamlined that you wouldn't have to bother asking people for prices. This isn't RS so maybe the rise of merchant clans that price gouge stuff like in runescape won't appear if we got such a feature.

There already are "mercher clans" here. And what you're posting just proves there's no magic, artificial way to combat them.

The only things I have seen work are when 1. Nexon spams the item in a gacha to rapidly increase supply or 2. People stop buying from the merchants which decreases the demand. Neither stops players from trying to monopolize a specific item, but they do allow for market "corrections" to prevent these kinds of shenanigans.

The good news is that there aren't any items that are vastly invaluable to progressing in this game, so most of the merching shenanigans only occur on cosmetic items. Only endgame gear is genuinely hard to obtain, and by the time you're ready to get that, you've probably amassed millions anyway.