Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Fishing Event

Comments

• aeternitisaeternitis
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,045
    Gaea wrote: »
    Now that it is the weekend I will try manually catching only 'small catch' and see if I get more glacier smelt. I'll report back tomorrow.

(Also I have three sturgeon in my inventory now. I think I'm going to hold them hostage in a pet forever, for the pain they caused me prior to this event. Biggest one is 233 cm and need 300 cm for 5* :'( )

What are you trying to use the sturgeon for? :o Cooking?

For the quest.

For which quest are sturgeon used?
  • TheRocket35TheRocket35
    Mabinogi Rep: 530
    I am ignoring the event.
    While I could really use a new bag
    1. I rather play the game then afk fish
    2. I don't have the inventory space for all the crap I don't want
    3. I can't get rid of all the gems I have anyway, any more and I would have to try and give them away.
    4. Literally nothing but the bag interest me.
    NewbieChain
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    I am ignoring the event.
    While I could really use a new bag
    1. I rather play the game then afk fish
    2. I don't have the inventory space for all the crap I don't want
    3. I can't get rid of all the gems I have anyway, any more and I would have to try and give them away.
    4. Literally nothing but the bag interest me.

How about instead of afk fishing Manual fish.
    Not only are you doing something. But it gives 3200 chances to get a bag.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    aeternitis wrote: »
    Now that it is the weekend I will try manually catching only 'small catch' and see if I get more glacier smelt. I'll report back tomorrow.

(Also I have three sturgeon in my inventory now. I think I'm going to hold them hostage in a pet forever, for the pain they caused me prior to this event. Biggest one is 233 cm and need 300 cm for 5* :'( )

For the quest.

https://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Fishing_Journal
  • Raincloud95Raincloud95
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,830

For the quest.

They aren't so much used for a quest, it's more that filling in the fishing journal with 5 stars is a quest, but you can technically skip the sturgeon cus 'forever fishing' says 'collect 24 five stars' and there is 25 fish you can catch with star rating. Also catching one of each fish makes the fishing journal give you more info on fish
    WolfandWolf
  • FleurDeLiFleurDeLi
    1.Fish up 200 smelts with normal bait
    2. Collect glacier baits daily
    3. turn in smelts daily for additional bait
    4. Do something else..........
    5. Afk with a ton of baits at once
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    The fact at all the event rewards are untradeable and there's like bots everywhere.
    Lmao
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Opalthira wrote: »
    The fact at all the event rewards are untradeable and there's like bots everywhere.
    Lmao

They are not bots, they are alts. People really want that bag and they it will increase their chances. Thing is though, I have not heard of one player on any server getting this bag. I wonder if the bag is actually in the event...
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    Opalthira wrote: »
    Lmao

They are not bots, they are alts. People really want that bag and they it will increase their chances. Thing is though, I have not heard of one player on any server getting this bag. I wonder if the bag is actually in the event...

Got to hand it to them for being that hardcore though. I tried doing the event with one alt whenever I don't need to use my main, opened around only 100 traps and already having inventory problem, not knowing what to keep and drop. I'm so not doing that anymore..
  • ChocokittenChocokitten
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,080
    Greta wrote: »
    That's just too tedious to keep staring at your character for hours, just for a chance to get some more of Glacier Smelt. I afk fished for 3rd day now and i already got 69 (Hah... Good number...) Glacier Smelt.

69 Smelts already? Snow way! That number sounds quite...fishy, as Icy it. But AFKing for 3 days? Sounds like you should Chill out. Even though AFK events in Mabinogi are a Polarizing topic that many love to debait, it is great, as the minutes in one day Articking away. Might as well use them for other things, am I right?

Have I made enough puns to be cool now? B)

Idk if i wanna laugh or cry rt now...
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    I don't know. While the rate is low, the event is absolutely no effort at all. Combined with the daily 130+100 limits of baits, there also no urging for me to fish for the entire day.

The prizes are not that great, but to reiterate, there is no need effort needed to AFK fish, and the daily limit doesn't give me a reason to sit around AFK fishing.

Overall, I say this is rather fair.
    GretalceCreamNilremJazmyn
  • aeternitisaeternitis
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,045
    I don't know. While the rate is low, the event is absolutely no effort at all. Combined with the daily 130+100 limits of baits, there also no urging for me to fish for the entire day.

Wait. Is that a typo or am I missing out on an extra 100 a day? I only get 100+30.
    Jazmyn
  • OpalthiraOpalthira

Wait. Is that a typo or am I missing out on an extra 100 a day? I only get 100+30.

probably meant 70 from hot times.
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    edited January 24, 2018
    Fishing events should be permanently off the table since SAO Nishida title exists. It's just login//slot-based traffic generation for Nexon, pretty much.

Unless you make it fake-fishing and instead of a fishing rod, you get a minigame instead (where you're holding a rod and the minigame is an actual challenge that can be done with friends) that can't be autofished by way of rank B+ fishing
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    Kouyioue wrote: »
    Fishing events should be permanently off the table since SAO Nishida title exists. It's just login//slot-based traffic generation for Nexon, pretty much.

Unless you make it fake-fishing and instead of a fishing rod, you get a minigame instead (where you're holding a rod and the minigame is an actual challenge that can be done with friends) that can't be autofished by way of rank B+ fishing

there are other 2nd titles that give the same effect as the SAO Nishida title. MMO Junkie Moriko's Partner 2nd title coupon does basically the same thing plus it also gives boosts for other life skills that involve gathering things so technically it is better then the SAO Nishida title. either way I don't there is any reason to remove fishing events. compared to some of the fishing events we have had in the past this one is one of the best plus once you fill out most of your fish journal and have rank 1 fishing the fishing skill becomes fairly boring. fishing events are something for fishing masters to look forward to and it might help encourage new players to try out fishing as well.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Sturgeons were the bane of my fishing journal's existence. They are rare catches in general, which combined with the 5 star quality needed, makes them a hassle. The bait limits the catches to Traps, Smelt, Glacier Smelt, and Sturgeons. It helps quite a bit.
    Jazmyn
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    *Only doing the event to sell the rewards*

Ice Fisher 2nd Title Coupon: Not Tradeable

I MEAN REALLY WHY NEXON. I already have a 2nd title for fishing, I do not need another one.
  • LadameLadame
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,600
    ShouK wrote: »

I MEAN REALLY WHY NEXON. I already have a 2nd title for fishing, I do not need another one.

Oh... is it trade-able through the bank at least? To other characters? Cause if not, I know some people who will be very sad. :C
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    ShouK wrote: »

I already said this twice like two days ago.
  • LadameLadame
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,600
    Found out from a buddy, they are in fact trade-able through the bank to other characters. ^^