Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Treasure Box Event

LadameLadame
Mabinogi Rep: 2,600
in Feedback and Suggestions
I'd really like this event back! It was a lot of fun to be able to log onto all your weaker characters and run with everyone else who also can't kill a goblin to save their lives. The rewards were all mostly expiring so there is no worry about people hoarding (since this seems to be something Nexon really worries about?) and the reforges will really help newer or low income players who wouldn't be able to afford them otherwise.
  1. Should we have the Treasure Box Event return?17 votes
    1. Yes
       71% (12 votes)
    2. No
       6% (1 vote)
    3. Maybe (other)
       24% (4 votes)

Comments

• AmesenpaiAmesenpai
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,695
    would like to see better clothes in it tbh like langu and DK or something better
    YangKoete
  • TotokeTotoke
    Mabinogi Rep: 995
    Please no langu, those kinds of items need to stay as a craft only :(
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Ugh.... Nah. Don't want to clutter my every character inventories with unopened boxes unless you want to afk non-stop on all of them which is a good way to roast your pc and electricity bills.
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    I don't even have a langu, but no - no langu. Let that say craftable, most things have been ruined by gacha & co. already.
    Though..yes, I would love to have this event back.
    YangKoete
  • LadameLadame
    Yeah, craft-able things shouldn't be rewards for sure. Maybe just an updated list of more recent outfits? Like... anything but the clubs/hearts/diamonds/spades suits? x'D

Also, I never bothered to afk on my alts, I would rather do other things for sure. Like play the game even!
    Of course, because of that ALL boxes ended up on my alts and none on my main with all the keys. RIP.
    Maybe allow keys to be bank trade-able?
  • SgiathachSgiathach
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,095
    I like how everyone liked that even... know what event I liked more? https://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Treasure_Chest_Event_(Jan._2009) <--- the better verson of that event no afk noobs
  • LadameLadame
    Sgiathach wrote: »
    I like how everyone liked that even... know what event I liked more? https://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Treasure_Chest_Event_(Jan._2009) <--- the better verson of that event no afk noobs

To be honest, I just used the most recent one in the wiki. Was there a difference in the Jan 2009 one? Wiki doesn't seem to say, or maybe I am blind. (I am blind as heck so I wouldn't doubt it)

Regardless I would be happy with any treasure box event returning, so long as I can get some freereforges goodies!
  • PankoodaPankooda
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,060
    Yeah I'd also like to see this event back. Tbh before 2017 when it didn't show again I thought it was gonna be like a yearly thing which I would've been fine with, even tho yeah get ton of boxes on alts and none on main (I'm on a laptop so can't really afk on alts at night) but that's fine.

Q2gsyUtYSJuydjX42VyF0w.png

Please no I was never huge on the events that required you to have to pay nx to get anything decent from the event only to still get trash rewards.
    Ladame
  • LadameLadame
    Yeah I'd also like to see this event back. Tbh before 2017 when it didn't show again I thought it was gonna be like a yearly thing which I would've been fine with, even tho yeah get ton of boxes on alts and none on main (I'm on a laptop so can't really afk on alts at night) but that's fine.

Q2gsyUtYSJuydjX42VyF0w.png

Please no I was never huge on the events that required you to have to pay nx to get anything decent from the event only to still get trash rewards.

Eep, thanks for pointing that out! I completely forgot they did that. Yeah definitely a big no for me, I wouldn't pay NX for keys. :x
  • SgiathachSgiathach
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,095
    the better chests were the ordiany chests the premium ones did not have better rewards tbh