Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

[FIXED]Character Broken After Chain Slash Dan Test

IyasenuIyasenu
Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
edited February 9, 2018 in Archived Bugs
What is the issue?
After I took the Advancement Test for Spinning Slasher, I became unable to properly attack or kill any enemies, with any skill or method.
This isn't limited to only chain slash skill, or chain blades. I am unable to attack enemies, or finish them properly, both with Chain Slash Skills and without. Dorcha Conversion doesn't take any HP. If attempting to directly attack something (such as with Dorcha Snatch or a regular combat attack), I become unable to move after attacking. Your Dorcha gauge will also freeze, visually.

Why is this considered an issue?
My character is unable to fight or play properly.
This issue of being stuck after attacking is temporarily fixed upon changing channels, but attacking again will once again freeze movement. And finishing monsters still won't happen.

Steps to recreate issue:

1) Take and pass the advancement test for Spinning Slasher.

2) Participate in the advancement ceremony and rank the skill up to Dan 1.

3) Go out and attack any enemy, and you will be unable to finish them off, or move after directly attacking.

Visual Evidence:

Notice, I'm not in a party, so Killing enemies shouldn't be going into "Finish" state.
Also notice that at the end when I tried to use Dorcha Snatch (basic attack), the attack didn't go off, but the enemy still went into "Finish" state.

IGN: Teraschione
Server: Mari
JazmynSorrowwolfe

Comments

• OdinwolfeOdinwolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,900
    edited February 8, 2018
    same effect occurs when doing Death mark Dan 1.

Bravo.

Edit: Now I'll be unable to do anything at all, because attacking a spider with fists and chain unequipped locks you in place now too.

Awesome.

/sarcasm
    Sorrowwolfe
  • FoxgirlkatieFoxgirlkatie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,055
    so. i was going to get on and do a dan test for CS. i guess i shouldnt now until this is fixed?
  • Sphyra21Sphyra21
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,555
    edited February 8, 2018
    Oh so it ain't just me -.-'
    first the postponement of the Naco Commerce Event now this TT.TT

giphy.gif

Relogged, restarted the client, still broken...
    Jazmyn
  • KatherzKatherz
    Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
    This has been forwarded. The issue is not with the Dan test itself but with the mobs in Emain Macha, Tara, and Taillteann
    Iyasenu
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Katherz wrote: »
    This has been forwarded. The issue is not with the Dan test itself but with the mobs in Emain Macha, Tara, and Taillteann

Oh, those spiders in Emain Macha were the only ones I messed with, since they were right outside the testing area, lol.

What about the UI not updating properly: Dorcha not looking like it's getting consumed, Dorcha not getting generated by Dorcha Conversion, and HP not being drained by Dorcha Conversion?

Are those just symptoms of attacking those mobs?
  • HaginHagin
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    I have the same problem, except that I do not have any chain skill dans... I attack with any weapon and once enemy dies, it stays stuck at finishing and I can't move or use any skills/summon pets at all. I have to switch channels or re-login to move and use skills.
  • KatherzKatherz
    Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
    Fixed