Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Naco commerce event

Comments

• ShadoeShadoe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,090
    Gaea wrote: »
    Shadoe wrote: »
    I'm sure if someone really wants to surround their homesteads in stage props, they can find a way. Add another row, make the square smaller, add in other items, etc.

No, my ocd will not except it. I must have a wall hugging the very outter edge of my homestead.

DEVCAT YOU MESSED IT UP. WHY?????

How are they going to know how big your homestead is, or make it so it fits everyone's homestead. Sheesh. Put up some bamboo fence. Make a corner that's Christmas houses.
  • LongSlyLongSly
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,210
    edited February 12, 2018
    Opalthira wrote: »
    LongSly wrote: »
    They have no solution for my glitch issue, but they have gotten other tickets regarding this. They closed it in the meantime as there's nothing else to say for now. I can always do a follow-up though...
    No sheep....I'm guessing you mean to say you can't trade in for boxes? :(

Just 5k ducats per...

You might be able to do the event on another account.
    Just to save you the headache, however you'll also have to buy a pet adoption medal just to get your pet.

Eh... only thing I really want from this event is the carpentry workbench, I'm not going go to go through the hassle of making a second account over this.

A person I know offered any extra HS items he would get from the event, but then shut me down when I told him one specific item, saying "Oh you can just make that. Wood boards are from a part-time job." Meanwhile I need 20 wood boards to make one workbench... I can make them with ease if Tough String and Iron Bars weren't difficult for me to make (Tough String requires r5 Weaving or higher, Iron Bars are r9 and my Blacksmith is rF) nor rarely seen in shops... and rewards in part-time jobs are fully RNG, I would have to hope every 36 mins that the next reward has a wood board; same goes with fishing in places like Cobh.

Someone just now offered me the same thing via PMs, and I have hopes I'm not going to be told "Nah, you can make it" again...this person I know that offered then immediately shut me down is rather unique compared to others I've seen, at least in Ruairi.
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    How are they going to know how big your homestead is, or make it so it fits everyone's homestead. Sheesh.

Mathematically.

The homestead sizes (the ones that matter, at least... you won't have a level 3 hs for very long) are 25², 33² and 49², with the NX upgrades taking them to 55², 61² and 67². Divide the length of one side to see how many wall items you can fit into that side.

At first glance it doesn't seem like you can fully surround the perimeter of the biggest homesteads with any large walls because both 61 and 67 are prime numbers, but actually you'd have to subtract 1 from the length so that it will fit nicely at the corners. E.g a 1x9 item will fill the edges of a 10² space.

zm6IH.png

So the lengths we're working with are 24, 32, 48, 54, 60 and 66, and we need to find their common factors to determine what length walls will fit into all available homestead sizes. The common factors are... 1 and 2. Not very useful.

If we remove the non-maxed homesteads, leaving us with just 48, 54, 60 and 66, we get more common factors to work with - 1, 2, 3 and 6. That means a collection of 1x6 walls will be able to surround the perimeter of all maxed+premium homestead sizes.

The backdrop is huge though, and 1x6 wouldn't do it justice.

There is one way to have huge walls and still make them tile neatly. If there were multiple wall items with sizes 1x6, 1x12 and 1x18 (made in the same style, but displaying different scenery, maybe?), you could have the option of arranging different-sized walls along the edge of your hs.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Eralea wrote: »
    How are they going to know how big your homestead is, or make it so it fits everyone's homestead. Sheesh.

Mathematically.

The homestead sizes (the ones that matter, at least... you won't have a level 3 hs for very long) are 25², 33² and 49², with the NX upgrades taking them to 55², 61² and 67². Divide the length of one side to see how many wall items you can fit into that side.

At first glance it doesn't seem like you can fully surround the perimeter of the biggest homesteads with any large walls because both 61 and 67 are prime numbers, but actually you'd have to subtract 1 from the length so that it will fit nicely at the corners. E.g a 1x9 item will fill the edges of a 10² space.

zm6IH.png

So the lengths we're working with are 24, 32, 48, 54, 60 and 66, and we need to find their common factors to determine what length walls will fit into all available homestead sizes. The common factors are... 1 and 2. Not very useful.

If we remove the non-maxed homesteads, leaving us with just 48, 54, 60 and 66, we get more common factors to work with - 1, 2, 3 and 6. That means a collection of 1x6 walls will be able to surround the perimeter of all maxed+premium homestead sizes.

There is one way to have huge walls and still make them tile neatly. If there were multiple wall items with sizes 1x6, 1x12 and 1x18 (made in the same style, but displaying different scenery, maybe?), you could have the option of arranging different-sized walls along the edge of your hs.

I didn't understand any of that until I read the last paragraph. That makes sense though. So basically devcat is gonna have to design different sized walls to accommodate all the homesteads.

OR...

They could just give us better scenery. :|
  • ShadoeShadoe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,090
    Eralea wrote: »

Mathematically.

zm6IH.png

Not quite. You probably wouldn't want to use the one square in each corner because that will cut off the scenery that's there (because it's behind the corner of the other side). Recalculate if you like, but it's just never going to be to everyone's liking anyway.
  • EraleaEralea
    The way they designed fences to be tile-able is that they have that overhanging bit on one square that doesn't count as part of the "base" of the item... if they were serious about designing new walls and fences, they'd make them something like that, too.

If you mean we should take off all four corner squares, there's no recalculating to be done because max homestead and the second NX expansion are 47 and 59 respectively, which are both prime.
    Shadoe
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    It seems to just put the items directly into your inv
  • karinadelekarinadele
    Mabinogi Rep: 100
    Opalthira wrote: »
    They have no solution for my glitch issue, but they have gotten other tickets regarding this. They closed it in the meantime as there's nothing else to say for now. I can always do a follow-up though...
    No sheep....I'm guessing you mean to say you can't trade in for boxes? :(

Just 5k ducats per...

You might be able to do the event on another account.
    Just to save you the headache, however you'll also have to buy a pet adoption medal just to get your pet.

Eh... only thing I really want from this event is the carpentry workbench, I'm not going go to go through the hassle of making a second account over this.

A person I know offered any extra HS items he would get from the event, but then shut me down when I told him one specific item, saying "Oh you can just make that. Wood boards are from a part-time job." Meanwhile I need 20 wood boards to make one workbench... I can make them with ease if Tough String and Iron Bars weren't difficult for me to make (Tough String requires r5 Weaving or higher, Iron Bars are r9 and my Blacksmith is rF) nor rarely seen in shops... and rewards in part-time jobs are fully RNG, I would have to hope every 36 mins that the next reward has a wood board; same goes with fishing in places like Cobh.

Someone just now offered me the same thing via PMs, and I have hopes I'm not going to be told "Nah, you can make it" again...this person I know that offered then immediately shut me down is rather unique compared to others I've seen, at least in Ruairi.

nani, i'll just mail you 20 woodboards why is this so hard, what your ign
  • LongSlyLongSly
    karinadele wrote: »
    nani, i'll just mail you 20 woodboards why is this so hard, what your ign

No need. Someone helped me make it. They provided the tough string (I had some on me as well but we were a bit short) and iron bars (I provided the iron ore as it was my gathering daily at the time), along with a few wood boards we had on hand (was like 7 total). After 2 fails with a 99% success rate on handicraft (could use the training), gotten the 20 wood boards I needed. Makes the carpentry workbench that much more special.

"Why is this so hard."

1 wood board requires 5 firewood, 5 large nails, 2 tough string, and 2 iron bars. Tough String requires weaving r5 (mine is rF), Iron Bars are a r9 blacksmith crafting item (mine is rF with r1 production mastery; success rate would be 22% minimum to make 1, and that's taking Monday into consideration as well but not weather, which would only bump it up to 32% maximum to make 1).

Yes, I am fully aware of that one part-time job in Cobh that MAY, pure RNG, reward you with a wood board, but that would take a long time of waiting for the part-time job to be open and in hopes the reward is an option. I am also aware of fishing in places like Cobh that MAY, but rarely in my experience, give you a wood board.

And then there's the cost for a wood board each from players, if any are selling. Pricey and often in low quantities.

Take any of those options, times it by 20, and there's your answer of "Why is this so hard."

And just to get it out of the way: While I could put the time into training Weaving and Blacksmith and rank them up accordingly, I got enough skills I'm juggling around to rank up already and spreading my AP thin enough as it is right now.
    WolfandWolf
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    I don't think anyone actually makes wooden boards, they just pick them up from SS and other random drops. I don't think I've ever made one the entire time I've played the game, I just hoard up the dropped ones and sit on 50+ of them.
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    I'm sure if someone really wants to surround their homesteads in stage props, they can find a way. Add another row, make the square smaller, add in other items, etc.

No, my ocd will not except it. I must have a wall hugging the very outter edge of my homestead.

Your ocd won't accept HS props not perfectly fitting around your homestead but it'll accept you spelling "accept" as "except?"

Jokes aside (and I'm really just joking, not trying to start something), they really should give us better background options.
  • LongSlyLongSly
    Well Nexon fixed my glitch with the event during the maint. I am able to FINALLY participate in the event. Sadly I am about a week behind but... hey, still got plenty of time to get all the rewards and such.

Seems just resetting my progress (which was nothing, only progress made was register character and pick a town for the day) did the trick.
    WolfandWolfShadoe
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    I actually ended up making like 300 wooden boards to finish off getting rank 1 Handicrafting a couple months ago.
    ...on three characters.

NEVER AGAIN.
    Shadoe
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    TheNyanCat wrote: »
    I don't think anyone actually makes wooden boards, they just pick them up from SS and other random drops. I don't think I've ever made one the entire time I've played the game, I just hoard up the dropped ones and sit on 50+ of them.
    People who trained handicraft do. I refused to spend money on woodboard so I just tortured myself by making them.
    JazmynPolicroma
  • EraleaEralea
    I get wood boards from Manolin's daily quest.

If you distribute the marlins across all your characters you can do it once a day on each of them. It's one of the easier quests for farming adventurer seals too.

but I sell them 200k/stack during 2x training exp events so I wouldn't use them to make benches either and the event has given me one already so...
  • JenjenayjenJenjenayjen
    Mabinogi Rep: 610
    Is the event still glitched? I got 21 surprise gift boxes but i didn't get the fan dance motif.
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    Is the event still glitched? I got 21 surprise gift boxes but i didn't get the fan dance motif.

weird, i got mine yesterday
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Maia wrote: »

weird, i got mine yesterday

Same.
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    ShouK wrote: »
    TheNyanCat wrote: »
    People who trained handicraft do. I refused to spend money on woodboard so I just tortured myself by making them.

My husband does too. :D
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Maia wrote: »

Your ocd won't accept HS props not perfectly fitting around your homestead but it'll accept you spelling "accept" as "except?"

Jokes aside (and I'm really just joking, not trying to start something), they really should give us better background options.

Oh pardon my error your grammar highness, but that's the same as saying with all do respect or something similar before you dish out an sardonic or insulting comment. Just don't comment about mundane stuff like that at all in the future.