Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Human or Giant?

BanksBanks
Mabinogi Rep: 100
in Help
I barely see anymore Giants on mabinogi anymore. What draws you to the race you play? I was playing Giant for sometime but the lack of hair color's and customization clothes wise kind of leaving me wanting for more. I recently started a transition to a human. Any thoughts on picking either race beside the common "It's your preference."

Comments

• HinotamaHinotama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,420
    Human if you want to enjoy all forms of combat without use of the other two races exclusive skills, Giant if you want to forgo using ranged combat and have more bonuses to Melee combat as well as having access to Giant Full Swing outside of beast mode by using Wind Guard.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Giant can do like 10k damage with throwing attack.
    They're mostly melee based talents though.

Humans do whatever.
  • FabeFabe
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,650
    I really wish there were Imp pots that lasted a full week that you could buy from the web shop. :|
  • KagaKaga
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,170
    Reason why you don't see many giants is because all these bandwagoners went from human/giant to elf.
    NeynaUtsuro_Bune
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,175
    Kaga wrote: »
    Reason why you don't see many giants is because all these bandwagoners went from human/giant to elf.

I bet most of them still didn't reach high damage on their elves
    Utsuro_Bune
  • Pie5434Pie5434
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,020
    Tbh can't choose when there was only human back then :^). Regardless as other people said:
    Giants are more for melee talents and use throwing attacks instead (I mean archery sucks anyway unless you're an elf is kinda meh anyway or basically the magnum dan 3 test is cry-worthy)

Humans are supposed to be balanced in a sense so there isn't much special besides final hit which is human exclusive.
  • KagaKaga
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,170
    edited February 27, 2018
    Kaga wrote: »

I bet most of them still didn't reach high damage on their elves

That's exactly true.
    I mean, most newly made elves in Mari are buying gears for 50-100m+ (saw this one elf with gears (all of 'em) that had 5 trades left..
    But they all are still around 1k cp.
    So yeah, you are right 'bout that.

Usually these are the same type of people who tell you how you should play the game as that race and will jump to a different race whenever there is a new revamp/meta for that specific race.
    IMO.. before they talk about end-game elf , reach it first.
    Copy-pasting some random JP/KR end-game elf speedrun-clip (that probably spent thousands of bucks) doesn't make you an end-game(r).

Back to topic; I would rather go human to have more options (playstyles)
    TunfiskUtsuro_Bune
  • MabskmkMabskmk
    Mabinogi Rep: 630
    <3 Giant boobs are bigger than human boobs <3
    foussiremixUtsuro_Bune
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,175
    Giant if you want to be tanky and strong in melee.

Human if you want to check out every talent
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited February 27, 2018
    Giant if want to be thicc.
    Human if you don't care or not into thickness.
    Utsuro_Bune
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    They all have different play styles. I would just make one of each via assistant card anyways since you'll get one. Of course you need to make a human and go through the generation to obtain them. But you can have one of each and see what you like.

I personally don't see what people argue about for being elf or giant. They are all good.
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    I think giants just look better aesthetically than humans/elves. They look more realistic and attractive.
    Utsuro_Bune