Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

10 years huh.

XxBearslayerxXXxBearslayerxX
Mabinogi Rep: 1,230
edited March 14, 2018 in Town Square
Ah man, it's been a long time. I wish I had screenshots from my time playing in my earlier years. But alas I don't. I do however, look back on my time in Erinn.

It feels just like yesterday I stepped into this world. I have made many friends, and had a few enemies. My fondest memory of this game would be the time, my guildies and I went to the oasis to swim.(The forcefield could actually be flown over, allowing you to go deeper in the water). T

This game made Middle School bearable, and I daresay served as an escape from the struggles I had to endure, the pain, the sorrow and misery I was forced to endure. Day after day. This is why, along with all the fun times, this game will hold a special place in my heart.
Goldtiger01SherriAlchemistjk

Comments

• BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Okay, so what is the discussion point of this topic?
  • XxBearslayerxXXxBearslayerxX

The point is to reminisce. I was feeling nostalgic. Anyways. I should have wrote more, my bad.

Goldtiger01
    edited March 14, 2018

The point is to reminisce. I was feeling nostalgic. Anyways. I should have wrote more, my bad.

I believe you can edit your post. My point of opposition is there does need to be more. We cannot post what are essentially personal one line comments. If everyone did, the entire forums would be inundated with what amounts to comments. Try pressing the gear on the upper right hand corner of your original post, perhaps?

That's how I normally edit my posts.
    Greta

I believe you can edit your post. My point of opposition is there does need to be more. We cannot post what are essentially personal one line comments. If everyone did, the entire forums would be inundated with what amounts to comments. Try pressing the gear on the upper right hand corner of your original post, perhaps?

Edited, and added more substance.
  • KelpSodaKelpSoda
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel my leg... And my arm... even my fingers... The body I've lost... the comrades I've lost... won't stop hurting... It's like they're all still there. You feel it, too, don't you? I'm gonna make them give back our past!
    THICCthighssavelivesXxBearslayerxXSherriFeldingAlchemistjkNifanity
    edited March 15, 2018
    Personally, I love Mabinogi, despite my criticisms. I am glad to see the local team here in NA actually grow to become competent, caring individuals since I first experienced the neglect of round 6-7 years ago, which to summate, was marred by tickets taking weeks to be responded to, and a nefarious black robing incident many felt would kill the game, and likely almost did. It really is one the biggest blackmarks in Mabinogi's history that drove away many players. I am glad to have stayed.

Many wish to hearken back to the old days, and I suppose some GMs did put in some effort, but Mabinogi is feasibly better in customer service, even if the developers for the last few contents were more or less mediocre. To which I say I am not too disappointed, and with the advent of skills uncaps, am pretty excited for new changes.

I really wish to thank the local team here. After the blackrobes, you all strive to build trust that never was, to overcome a deep seeded cynicism that has only began to burgeon in the entire free to play market. I understand the pains of working for corporate, overseas master, but I deeply appreciate your efforts in spite of some rather dumb rules. Mabinogi would not have continued to exist if customer service continued to be as nonexistent as it was back then.

For those who joined, I appreciate any effort you expend to uphold this legacy of trust, and to those who have been working here for years...thank you.

So yeah...crying now. :'( Happy tears, by the way.

Mabinogi may have gotten worst as a game, but the community with special mentions to the NA team brightens my day.
    Goldtiger01XxBearslayerxXFeldingSherriDANIarts
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited March 15, 2018

Yes we can. It's not violating anything. I do it when I feel like it. I also edit a lot. So there.

@OP Don't mind Bliss. Some people are just up tight. They also have problems getting the implied purpose of some threads. Sometimes people are ambiguous and that's ok. It's called freedom of speech.

Carry on.
    BlissfulkillTwelieGoldtiger01Sherri
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    KelpSoda wrote: »
    Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel my leg... And my arm... even my fingers... The body I've lost... the comrades I've lost... won't stop hurting... It's like they're all still there. You feel it, too, don't you? I'm gonna make them give back our past!

Players: Die, monster! You don't belong in this world!
    Succubus Queen: It was not by my hand that I'm once again given flesh. I was called here by devs who wish for players to pay me tribute.
    Players: Tribute?! You steal men's souls and make them your slaves!
    Succubus Queen: Perhaps the same could be said of all events.
    Players: Your words are as empty as your lootdrops! Mabi ill needs a mob such as you!
    Succubus Queen: What is Mabi? (flings her wine glass aside) A miserable little pile of bugs! But enough talk! Have at you!
    XxBearslayerxXCrimsọnKensamaofmariNifanitystarkiller1286DANIarts

Succubus Queen: It was not by my hand that I'm once again given flesh. I was called here by devs who wish for players to pay me tribute.
    Players: Your words are as empty as your lootdrops! Mabi ill needs a mob such as you!
    Succubus Queen: What is Mabi? (flings her wine glass aside) A miserable little pile of bugs! But enough talk! Have at you!

What if we choose to be her slaves? >:)
    edited March 15, 2018

What if we choose to be her slaves? >:)

I mean.... I'd willingly be her slave. Wouldn't mind dying by a succubus o3o On that note, I was not around for the black robing, it wasn't until Year 5-7 I had my own PC on which I could play Mabinogi routinely. I think it can only get better, or somewhat worse from here. I'm surprised this game lasted this long.

Also @Kelpsoda
    [video]

• SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    edited March 15, 2018
    Incubus King pls thx xd
    (inb4 it was Duke this whole time)
    edited March 15, 2018
    Gaea wrote: »

Yes we can. It's not violating anything. I do it when I feel like it. I also edit a lot. So there.

@OP Don't mind Bliss. Some people are just up tight. They also have problems getting the implied purpose of some threads. Sometimes people are ambiguous and that's ok. It's called freedom of speech.

Carry on.

Freedom of speech doesn't apply here as anything more than a moral principle that one can freely abide by, not a legal obligation imposed by the government or on the government, essentially. You have no rights here.

In any case, it is a common rule on forums for an understandable line of reasoning; ambiguity is ambiguous, and the purpose needs to be clearly stated lest derailments and confusion commence. You also can't have what are essentially twitter status updates on a forum doubling as topics in of themselves either, because by this line of logic, it applies to everyone having the freedom to do so.

If everyone did it, then the discussion categories would be marred with meaningless tidbits no one would care to read.

The last thing any forum needs is more clutter. It isn't so much the expected outcome I worry of as the notion that it shouldn't be allowed in the first place lest it does become an outcome. Essentially, closing up loopholes.

The forums aren't a personal blog where we post what we ate or what we just did, but to discuss usually nonexistent issues and such.
  • KelpSodaKelpSoda
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    The forums aren't a personal blog where we post what we ate or what we just did...

tzsZ00m.png

The forums aren't a personal blog where we post what we ate or what we just did...

tzsZ00m.png

Or rather, shouldn't be. :#
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited March 16, 2018

Carry on.

Freedom of speech doesn't apply here as anything more than a moral principle that one can freely abide by, not a legal obligation imposed by the government or on the government, essentially. You have no rights here.

In any case, it is a common rule on forums for an understandable line of reasoning; ambiguity is ambiguous, and the purpose needs to be clearly stated lest derailments and confusion commence. You also can't have what are essentially twitter status updates on a forum doubling as topics in of themselves either, because by this line of logic, it applies to everyone having the freedom to do so.

If everyone did it, then the discussion categories would be marred with meaningless tidbits no one would care to read.

The last thing any forum needs is more clutter. It isn't so much the expected outcome I worry of as the notion that it shouldn't be allowed in the first place lest it does become an outcome. Essentially, closing up loopholes.

The forums aren't a personal blog where we post what we ate or what we just did, but to discuss usually nonexistent issues and such.

Did this take you a whole day to respond after liking my comment early yesterday morning? Yeah I took note of that.

Anyway...let the new critters develop. I am actually happy to see some new flesh in these forums and I encourage them to stay and not flee from us. Don't tell them what they can and can not do (within the CoC of course). They will grow with us eventually. Just as I have for the last decade (despite the other names used).

Carry on.

Did this take you a whole day to respond after liking my comment early yesterday morning? Yeah I took note of that.

Anyway...let the new critters develop. I am actually happy to see some new flesh in these forums and I encourage them to stay and not flee from us. Don't tell them what they can and can not do (within the CoC of course). They will grow with us eventually. Just as I have for the last decade (despite the other names used).

Just noticed your edit. I appreciate your attitude, and previously agreed, or found it humorous. Not sure.

The legal rights argument perturbs me, though I wish to stress the CoC rules, which I made on a faulty assumption that such a rule would be as inherent as "No lewd spam", although I think, dependent on the forums intent, that this should be a rule in order to promote the intended purpose.
  • PuppetryPuppetry
    Mabinogi Rep: 220
    edited March 17, 2018
    I just wanted to show my appreciation to Mabinogi and congratulating everyone on reaching 10 years.
    FeldingSherri
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    Where else can someone chat with the entire playerbase? There is no general game-wide or server-wide chat in the game, and the discord is kind of dead.
    Where else can someone chat with the entire playerbase? There is no general game-wide or server-wide chat in the game, and the discord is kind of dead.

...The discord is definitely not dead.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Discord is dead? Dude, what?????