Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Popularity Contest

Comments

• WolfenstinWolfenstin
    Mabinogi Rep: 545
    edited March 18, 2018
    Greta wrote: »
    Can't tell if people are joking or not when they say that their favorite character is Ferghus. The meme should have been dead by now.
    Despite Ferghus killing weapons, he's lovable to a degree. Like a dumb oaf you can't get enough of (unless you're someone who's still upset about having had a newbie weapon destroyed early on).

I'm still on team Altam though, the only NPC to actually acknowledge my achievements and he called me the cat's pajamas. Seriously, best compliment to get after trudging through the hell of G20.
    JazmynBlissfulkill
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Wolfenstin wrote: »
    Can't tell if people are joking or not when they say that their favorite character is Ferghus. The meme should have been dead by now.
    Despite Ferghus killing weapons, he's lovable to a degree. Like a dumb oaf you can't get enough of (unless you're someone who's still upset about having had a newbie weapon destroyed early on).

I'm still on team Altam though, the only NPC to actually acknowledge my achievements and he called me the cat's pajamas. Seriously, best compliment to get after trudging through the hell of G20.

O-okay... Good for you then.
    Sherri
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    I just click any side as fast as possible. I don't care at all about the result.
    CrimsọnMaia
  • TolnaTolna
    Mabinogi Rep: 825

Serious actually, I like him as a character. He’s my second choice next to Akule because they’re both eccentric underdogs.

Plus unlike most NPC’s him, Akule and
    Altam are not super condescending to you all the time.

Ya know like how Kaour and Female Kaour think you’re a weakling and a hinderance, or how Milia constantly nags about how dumb and weak you are after killing literal godlike beings. Or commanding a legendary golden dragon. Or becoming a demigod. Because who cares about context when the script demands tsundere!
    JazmynVeylaineBlissfulkill
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Tolna wrote: »

Serious actually, I like him as a character. He’s my second choice next to Akule because they’re both eccentric underdogs.

Ya know like how Kaour and Female Kaour think you’re a weakling and a hinderance, or how Milia constantly nags about how dumb and weak you are after killing literal godlike beings. Or commanding a legendary golden dragon. Or becoming a demigod. Because who cares about context when the script demands tsundere!

I was going to bash Altam, but crap, you are completely right. For ALL the crap we have been through, I forgot to ask "Dude, where's my respect?"

Literally does not exist till G19.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    it's part of the lore that the NPC's forget who milletians are constantly... so it actually makes sense that some characters treat you like a nobody. I prefer earning respect than having someone follow me around instantly like a crazed fantard from day 1
    GretaBehelitTairiku
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited March 20, 2018
    Spam click, get the quest done in a snap because people with lives beckons.

Also, this event better not end UNTIL the end of the 10th Anniversary event.
    Gonna reeeeeeeeeee real bad if that happens, like back in mabi land - that was bs. :|

Sometimes players have better memory than gm's or devs.
    Kensamaofmari
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Tolna wrote: »

I find both Akule and Altam insufferable for different reasons.

Altam is a bootlicking crazed fan boy who is pretty worthless outside of being the cliched inexperienced genius who's amazing at being a divine knight but is young and aloof so he needs to be kept under tight control.

Akule is just annoying. I can't tell if he's trying to be the edgy cool guy who seems useless and dumb but secretly knows everything or not but... It's like he wants to be the cool mysterious guy but wants attention so bad he acts like a highschool kid but keeps his demeanor so he can be layed back, all knowing and serious. He's trying to be 2 different cliches. He also ends up causing a lot more trouble for us in the story because he doesn't ever just tell us what he's thinking.
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    Why is Arenen so undervalued in this game. He's easily the cutest male character. That said, Ferghus always has my vote. Every single time.

f20a3fce93.jpg
    Jazmyn
  • HinotamaHinotama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,420
    There needs to be an I heart Ferghus shirt outfit.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Hinotama wrote: »
    There needs to be an I heart Ferghus shirt outfit.

ufMF7hd.png

*cough cough*
  • RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,245
    Old man Ascon doesn't get the love he deserves after what he's been through.